Tiara or no?

Online Users: 1,279 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 37

luckymebride Posts : 125 Registered: 12/7/08
Tiara or no?
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:37 PM

My MOH said since my dress has lots of beads and details. She highly suggested me not to wear a tiara. I originally wanted to wear a tiara because I wanted to be like a princess on my big day but my MOH kept repeatly warn me not to wear one because she doesn't want me to over do it with blings since I will be having an outdoor ceremony. What do you all think? I actually already bought a tiara awhile back because I wanted to have my hair up. My fiance also said he prefer me with hair down so I don't think I can use that tiara with my hair down because is actually a crystal with comb where is very heavy to stay still if I decided with hair down....I thought, since my MOH and FH both point these little details so I might have to say good-bye to my beautiful tiara that I bought...I'm just a little bummed because I spent quite some $ on this tiara and turns out it might not work out. Anyone wear a tiara with lots of details dress at an outdoor ceremony? Is that too much blings?

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Re: Tiara or no?
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

Wear the tiara. Period.... you love it. Wear it.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 10:15 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I agree with Cat. It's your day, and if you want to feel like a princess, you should!!

38.jpg picture by JeWareGT

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 12:41 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Aww, thank you! I bought the tiara because I was originally wanted my hair up but now I decided to have my hair down and that tiara just won't stay on my fine straight hair. I do plan to have curls but not sure if it will stay....I'm just debating if I should wear tiara or no because my dress does has a lot of beads and like my MOH said, I don't want to look like i'm over doing it...anybody wearing a tiara with lots of beading on their dress with an outdoor ceremony? Thanks! :)

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 4:30 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I wore a little tiara with my dress and I loved the way it looked in pictures!!

Heres my little tiara I got
OurWeddingDayDecember18th2008015.jpg picture by blessedwit2
Photobucket

www.weddingcountdown.com

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: JJsWifey08

I think that the amount of beading on your dress is irrelevant if you want to wear the tiara. If you want to wear it then put your hair up and wear it. But if you're more concerned about making your FH and MOH happy then wear your hair down with no tiara.

preview image

MB85 Posts : 38 Registered: 11/7/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

Go on and use tiara. If you like and you want to use, use it. It's your day and you decided what you want to use. I recommend you to use if that makes you feel happy in your wedding date. Dot worry about the bling you will look pretty with it.

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I am personally not a big fan of tiara's at all, but if you love it and it makes you feel beautiful then you should wear it. You should feel beautiful on your wedding day.

jloveland Posts : 33 Registered: 12/18/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

I have to agree with the MOH.

Future Mrs. Salinas!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

Put it this way, this is only going to happen for you ONE time...do what YOU want. You want to wear a big sparkly beaded dress with diamond tiara, necklace, earrings and bracelet then you CAN. You want your hair UP? Do it. Don't let other tell you how you want to look on YOUR day. You can go on never wearing a tiara every other day, you can wear you hair down for the rest of your life...on your weddding day, you can only look that way ONCE. Do it YOUR way. And congrats!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 10:55 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Thanks ladies!!! Tiara or no tiara!?! I'm so confused... :( I'm currently searching for my hair & make-up stylist and I think I am going to bring the tiara to her for sugguestion when it comes to the trial. I can't wait to get to that part of the planning. I'm so excited! Merry Xmas everyone! :)

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 8:38 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

I wore a dress with lots of beading and wore a tiara. To be blunt, don't give a crap what anyone says, you do what you want. Think about it......by the end of the day is it really gonna matter. Are people actually going to say "omg look at her beading and tiara, ewww"? No they aren't, because they are going to talk about how beautiful you look! You CAN NOT let the little things get to you, let it go and do what YOU want. It's YOUR day. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to make others happy. Good luck!

Just Married and loving it!

Pregnancy-DueDate.com - DueDate Calculators & Tickers

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsnye

I am very much with the PP. For the wedding day, there is no such thing as too much bling. You can bling it out as much as you're comfortable with. If you want to wear bling from head to toe and be seen from space .... DO IT. This is one spot where you can say its MY DAAAAAAYYYYYYY and not be considered Bridezilla <G>

Bling it to the Max Girl! And tell your MOH to Step Off!

I know, she's trying to look out for normal jewelry wear rules....but on your wedding day, THOSE rules don't count. You know the one--put on what you want and then before you walk out the door, take off one item. Or if you wear a super giant necklace, wear delicate earrings... or if you wear monster earrings, leave off the necklace. That rule is not applicable for the weddding! This is your opportunity to be Dripping with Diamonds, and it is your ONE opportunity.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

LOL, thx Cat and Soontobe...I know what you guys are saying about it is MY DAY and I shouldn't let anyone get to me. I was honesty annoyed when my MOH first sugguested the "no tiara" idea when I didn't even ask her opinion to begin with...I was annoyed so I told my fiance how I wanted my hair than he said I should leave it down...then I got so confused and like whatever for awhile....then when I talked to my MOH again and she brought up how she wanted me to do my hair again (again, when I didn't ask her about it).....so I went and complaint to my FH again and he told me to wear a tiara...or he said maybe she is really right about it (she just got married) so she thinks she knows everything. Anyways, basically I dont' like people telling me how I should do thing on my Big day...but when the kept on saying it...I started to think crazy. arghh......lol

Candyandeli Posts : 6 Registered: 9/30/08
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: luckymebride

jeez, why is everyone all of the sudden so concerned with YOUR hair. When I got married my sister was being a pain in the ass. She caused stress with everything from getting our makeup done to me getting her a hotel room to stay in (she lives one town away). I learned that you need to do whatever you want and don't concern yourself with others problems. It's your day so focus on you. If you want to wear that tiara wear it, because you may never have another chance in life to wear that thing again. Let your MOH worry about her own hair.--- unless of course she's the editor of Vogue Magazine or some famous hair designer. Otherwise, follow your instincts.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine