Bride-zillas

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

jloveland Posts : 33 Registered: 12/18/08
Bride-zillas
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 12:15 PM

Are you one? =) Im not, Im calm but maybe its because my wedding is still 2 years away haha.

Future Mrs. Salinas!

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Re: Bride-zillas
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

In my experience, the real bridezillas do not know or think they are bridezillas. They think their requests are reasonable and that their behavior should be condoned because they are "the bride".

So while I will not state that I am not a bridezilla, I do put my guests and my wedding party at an extreme level of importance in the planning process and have gone out of my way to make sure that the "theme" of the wedding (and related events) is that everyone there feel appreciated and have a good time. I have been in and at weddings where the "theme" was "look at how much money we spent", or "all about the Bride", or "we don't care about you where's our gift"(which is by far the worst kind of wedding)

Being a bridezilla is not about being calm or anxious, its about being considerate and thoughtful to your guests, your loved ones, your ffriends, and your bridal party. Yes you're getting married, but how are your friends lives going? Yes you're getting married, but your sister is pregnant, or buying a house, or starting a job, or just bought a cute skirt on sale, whatever - these people are in your life because you love them - don't forget that. They're supporting you in your wedding plans because they love you - don't forget that.

So am I a Bridezilla - I don't think I am, and I hope that I don't become one in the coming months, and my bridal party has strict instructions to put me in my place quick if I start to slide down that slippery path.
When is my wedding

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: jloveland

Dear JL,

There are plenty of self-centered people out there. They believe the universe turns around them. I used to work with someone like that, recently. (He got fired.)

Wedding planning just gives a self-centered person license to be even worse. That's when they turn into bridezillas.

FutureLeoBride Posts : 63 Registered: 9/24/08
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I COMPLETELY agree with PP. Nice, polite, considerate women rarely turn into bridezillas. I am convinced that a bridezilla is born when a b&^$* gets married.
Marriage works because they had a shared sense of humor, mutual respect of an awesome
depth, faith that they were brought together by a force greater than themselves and
a love so unwavering and pure that it is sacred.
- Forever Odd by Dean Koontz

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine