You wedding shoes!

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

jloveland Posts : 33 Registered: 12/18/08
You wedding shoes!
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 4:36 PM

I DONT want to wear heels on my wedding day if I can help it because Im not a girl who wears them so Im always unsteady and to be honest, I want to NOT be in pain on my happy day haha.

What did you wear...heels or something else or what are you planning on wearing? Im not sure what my options are and im not into flip flops on my wedding day although it would show off the awesome pedicure im planning on getting hehe.

Proposing to my man on 2/24/09 & Marrying on 1/14/12

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: You wedding shoes!
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 4:46 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

If you are not into heels. your wedding day is not the day to start! There are plenty of shoes with a very low heel or you could get a pair of ballet slippers.

I wore heels on my wedding day, but I am stiletto girl til the day I die!

Good luck!

preview image

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

There are two things you should never try for the first time on your wedding day. One of them is a bikini wax and the other is high heels. There are lots of pretty flats or very low heels out there. My favorite shoe site is shoes.com because you can search by color, size, heel height etc. Also free shipping and free exchanges (including return shipping) I like ballet flats but they don't show your toes.

Heres a little cutie pie with just a 1 inch heel, would go with many dresses, would show off pedicure and only $68
Coloriffics Women's Andie Sandal
There are a lot more too but I had to get off site before I started shopping for myself.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

I wore white satin ballet flats. I found them on clearance at TJ Maxx for $13. I also added some gel insoles to make them more comfortable, since I'd be on my feet all day. I think they were from nine west.

sjhc132 Posts : 164 Registered: 3/18/08
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

well honestly i didnt wear shoes b/c the shoes i had i was so afraid of sliding out of them walking down the aisle or tripping in them that i just went barefoot...now when we were outside i just ended up wearing my "ugly" sandals that no one saw me wearing anyway...so im sorry im not much of a helper on this situation...but i would try to find a pair that maybe u can wear again after your wedding day:)

i was meant for him and he was meant for me :)

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: sjhc132

OOH I love the idea of the ballet flats, I have a pair so im used to them but if i still want to heels and be pretty then the smaller 1inch heel looks cute too! THANKS!

Proposing to my man on 2/24/09 & Marrying on 1/14/12

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

Ooh, ooh! Just had to show off my shoe! One-inch heel, got it from David's Bridal for around $45, wore it all day for my wedding, which was outside on a brick patio, and my feet didn't hurt once. If you want to get an idea of what you like, I do recommend going to the David's Bridal website to check out their shoes even if you don't buy from them since they have a variety.

Accessory Style Logan

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: jloveland

I have the WORST balance of anyone I know so high heels are out for me too, besides I want to be comfortable, so when I found these on Zappo.com I knew they were perfect for me. shoes.jpg Wedding shoes image by MoreThanExpected Nice wide and low heel, when they came in they are also very comfortable. Look into low white sandals too if you want the 1" of height Hope this helps.

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tradgedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye 

Posted: Dec 22, 2008 12:13 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

I do kind of want to be more feminine so I may just go with the small heels. Thanks ladies!

Future Mrs. Salinas!

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

I just ordered these. I'm tall, so I need a short heel. They are from JCrew, and since I haven't received them yet, I can't attest to their comfort. But most of their stuff is great.

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

I wore pointed toe, flat, slip-ons. I wanted to be comfortable and the summer before the wedding, I injured my foot so I couldn't do heals if I wanted to. They are deffinately not something I would wear any other time (too ornate), but they were fun for the occasion.
shoes.jpg picture by linzrene

My mother also bought my MOH and me matching Ugg boots because we were married in the winter and planned on some outdoor photos. We got a Snowless 60* day :(
Here we are modeling the boots:
boots.jpg picture by linzrene

Always kiss me goodnight

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

Posted from hot pink shoe thread:

I had a hell of a time finding hot pink shoes as well and ended up wearing baby pink flip flops from Vs instead. But boy where they hella comfy! I didn't think about my shoes ONCE during my wedding! Good luck!
pinkflipflops.jpg picture by jenny3_26_05

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

JackieB0129 Posts : 497 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I wore flats on my wedding day and I was SO happy that I did. They were dyeable flats from David's Bridal (Style: Maria). I didn't think about my feet the entire day.

Accessory Style Maria

Jackie B!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: JackieB0129

I decided to wear heels for the ceremony and than wear bridal flip-flops for the reception.

Our colors are black and white so I went with a black pump that will be for the ceremony and pre-ceremony pictures. There is a little blue in the shoe also which works out well because our accent color is a blue. They came in the mail a few weeks ago. Here they are:

and I haven't ordered the flip-flops yet but I like these:

Anyway, that could be another option for you. Heels for the ceremony and some pictures and than flats for later. Although, if you don't ever wear heels and they aren't that important to you, it might be best to just stick with a flat or a short heel for the entire time.

JValle Posts : 1 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: jloveland

good morning...
i just saw your post that you have here...i thought that maybe you can wear either some ballet shoes and you don't even have to have them white depending on your style of wedding that your wanting you can even incorporate the colors of your wedding to your ballet flats or you can also use a shoe that has wedge heel and that way it is a lot more easier for your foot to handle without feeling unsteady while on your wedding day....
hope this helps some.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine