I'm buying him the ring! **update with pic of his ring!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

jloveland Posts : 33 Registered: 12/18/08
I'm buying him the ring! **update with pic of his ring!
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 1:50 AM

I'm buying my man his engagement ring by the end of december...Im hoping. Ive offically started going jewlry shopping for his ring. I can't wait to propose to him, its more of an excitement for me than it is if I was getting a ring. Odd but I'm just tired of waiting and not getting a ring so now I am taking things into my hands.

Ive decided on a titanium ring...not too blingy...its just a pre-wedding band/engagement ring. For our wedding bands I will eventually want them engraved and what not but this ring Im buying him...its just to get the job done. =)

Edited by: jloveland on Dec 21, 2008 11:21 PM

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Re: I'm buying him the ring!
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

So YOU'RE purposing? Wow, that is different. Are you going to buy your engagement ring too or just his wedding band? At times I wish I could pop the question. I would make the setting very romantic. But oh well, I will be happy either way when my man pops the question even when it will just be in our living room and not on top of a beautiful mountain or something lol.

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

I dont know, I think for awhile I would let him be the one with the ring...just like the woman is normally the one with the ring and thats it. I cant wait...I just wish the day would come but Im kind of glad, I want to lose a few lbs before proposing...id like to wear a dress.

Future Mrs. Salinas!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

Wow that is brave! Go you!! My only concern is if he is prepared for this. I know my FH would have been humilitated and permanently scarred if I had proposed to him with a ring and everything. He would have still said yes, but he would have never forgiven me. But I definitely reward you for taking the initiative and puttings things in your own hands; quite empowering.

wedding widget

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Dec 21, 2008 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

I think that is fantastic, I think it is time woman started taking control of their own lives instead of waiting for the man to pop the question. If you know he is the one why not ask him.? Best wishes on your coming engagement.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Dec 21, 2008 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

I say good for you! I waited for my EH to propose because I knew it was something he really wanted to do, but after we got engaged I noticed he had "ring envy". I had this beautiful ring that showed the world I was engaged and he didn't. I really like my engagment ring and didn't want a band to go with it so I told my EH to spend that money on some bling for his ring so he got some matching black and white diamonds in his band. On Valentines day I proposed to him and put the ring on his finger. He was so excited and so cute and he wore his ring from then on. Highly unconventional I know, but it worked for us.

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

Here it is folks...just bought it, found it online and heres a pic! The design is the infinity symbol and its cool haha.

Future Mrs. Salinas!

Edited by: jloveland on Dec 21, 2008 11:22 PM

MsMeghann Posts : 147 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 8:50 AM Go to message in response to: jloveland

wow! that is so cool. how are you going to do it? are you going to get down on one knee? i LOVED the way my FH proposed -- he told me he'd been planning it since we'd be dating for only 2 months!!

~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~
Soon to be Mrs. Scherrer
www.MattandMeghann.com

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: MsMeghann

So when it comes time for your wedding, is he going to get a new ring, or add another to his e-ring? Also, are you going to get an ering at all?

wedding widget

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: MsMeghann

I bought my now-husband and engagement ring.

I knew he was close to proposing (he sucks at secrets, and told me when he asked for my parent's blessing, lol). I wanted him to have an engagment ring too!

I waited until after her proposed to give him the ring, but I kinda had it in the back of my mind that if I got impatient waiting, I could just propose first :P

Now, one thing to "warn" you about (not that it's a big deal): which finger is he going to wear it on? My husband insisted on wearing it on his left finger, so people would assume that he was married even though we weren't yet. IF you think that this would bother your boyfriend, he can just wear it on his right hand on the ring finger.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Posted: Dec 22, 2008 12:10 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

I dont think I will get on one knee, Ive researched it and most women who propose dont and I think I would feel weird but I dont know, thats probably a spur of the moment thing though. Also...regarding which hand, I expect it to go on his wedding finger on left hand, just like I would have a ring on mine if he proposed. Um......OH! Ok so with the rings and marriage, I plan on getting yellow gold wedding bands that are engraved for when we get married, so these are just temporary rings, I wouldnt expect him to wear 2 big rings while womens are small so its easier to wear.

If I left out any questions let me know, Id love to answer them.

ps- not sure how im proposing yet but I know theres going to be a cake with "will you marry me?" on it but as for the leading up to that...so far I dont know.

Future Mrs. Salinas!

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

That's a pretty ring :)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 5:39 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

Reminds me of the Friends episode when Monica proposed to Chandler. Go for it!!!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Re: I'm buying him the ring! **update with pic of his ring!
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: jloveland

Have you and your boyfriend discussed getting married? I was just wondering if there might be a reason he has not proposed to you yet. Maybe he is planning something or doesnt have the money for the ring yet, or isnt ready. I am just wondering this becuase it is obviously typical for the man to propose. The reason I am wondering about this is because after being engaged I asked my FH what he would have done if I had proposed to him because I was tired of waiting for him to propose to me. He told me he would decline even though he wants to be my husband. His reason was because the man is supposed to propose to the girl.
Yes it is a sexist tradition, but it is what most people are use to. So I would try and make sure that your boyfriend would not be turned off by not being able to propose. But I do like the idea of a girl taking things into her own hands instead of waiting for a man. Good luck, and the ring you chose for him is really neat.
On a semi on semi off topic note, I thought for the longest time that men wore an engagement ring/wedding band once they were engaged because I use to watch Boy Meets World. If anyone remembers that show, Cory Matthews wore an engagement ring so I always thought thats how it was. Also I believe his girlfriend might have proposed to him. But it was a TV show and everything went back and forth so I cannot remember who proposed to who. I just remember thinking that a man always wore a ring. However, none of my male friends and family have worn a ring until the wedding. I think guys should get a ring too.

headoverheels8 Posts : 80 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: jloveland

I think its cute that you're proposing instead of him. My mom proposed to my dad in the line for one of the star wars movies over 30 years ago. She got down on one knee but didnt have a ring. Then later my dad bought her engagement ring and got down on one knee and proposed to her. So it was a double proposal. I've thought about proposing to my boyfriend seeing I expected to be engaged like a year and half ago and I'm still not. But I know he's known how hes wanted to do it for a long time and I feel like its the one big thing that the guy gets to do because the wedding is definitely about the bride. Anyway, good luck!!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine