Finals are over!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Finals are over!
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 12:09 AM

I know there are other student sout there!!! My finals are officailly done! I am so happy. They were so stressful. This was my first semester of post secondary and I got an 80% average, so I'm darn pleased!!!!I am taking business right now, then will specialize in human resources. My course is 2 years, with a year long work program sandwiched in so I will be done April of 2011.

How did everyone else's finals go?
What are you taking?
When will you be done!

Another Whoop for finals to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Finals are over!
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 6:55 AM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Hello! My finals are finally over today too ! YAY!

I'm at Community College right now majoring in Education. I'll be graduating in may of 09, then moving on to finish a bachelors degree in Math and a Master's degree in Education at a university (not sure which one yet.) I'll either be at Hollins University, a very snooty private girls' school, or I'll be at Mary Balwin University, which is also a private school but not quite as snooty, and about 1/3 the price. lol

This semester I finished Principles of Psychology, Physics 201, Intro to Teaching, and History of American Art. Next semester I'll be taking First Aid, the second part of Physics, the second part of Hisotry of Art (Unless I clep out of French. *crosses fingers!*), Intro to Speech Communication, and Film Appreciation.

IMG_7875.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: chicochik

I feel your pain.

Except from the other end. Im a professor, and we just got finished with what we refer to as HELL WEEK. Meaning - days upon days of endless grading.

Every assignment you have, every paper, every project - gets multiplied by the amount of students I have and thats how long it takes me to grade it all. I have three regular acting classes, and one smaller comedy course. About 95 students total. So thats 95 projects , final papers, and comments for each one. I started last Saturday and graded an average of 8-9 hours per day - for 4 days. I finally finished up yesterday by going out to the college to meet a couple students who had to do a makeup final performance for me. So other than grading them, Im done.

But then hell week part two begins - thats when I actually submit the grades into the computer and then start getting the emails from students whining about their grades. THATS fun.

Congrats on finishing. !

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Congrats girls! You did an awsome job, take a few weeks and releax.

kelley congrats to you too on grading, crossing fingers that you don't get a lot of emails from your students complaining about their grades.

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Congrats to all of you!!

I took an online course this semester....it kicked my butt!! It's soooo nice...no more homework!!

I'm thinking about next semester.....I want a Masters in Art History...don't know why? I want to study religious mexican art....

Life's not all beer and skittles, mate!

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: marty08

I'm done too!!! And now I'm not so patiently awaiting my grades... they should all be in this week fingers crossed I have grades for 3 of my 6 classes and so far I am ECSTATIC!!!!

And vacation can't be long enough... I only get 2.5 weeks. And since its the holidays, those weeks are hardly relaxing...

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Congrats everyone!!!

I got an A in my British Literature class and a B in my online computer class that I thought for sure I'd get a D in so he must have curved...but I'm happy.

Got one more class next semster Humanitites II before graduating w/ my associates from a community college the hopefully a BA in Journalism after that.

Another Whoop for finals to be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 10:16 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

OH man do I agree! This weekend is the first one where I don't have to study!!! I am so excited and yea, they were definitely stressful! it was my first semester married, and we bought a condo so I was absent a lot--I had a LOT of catching up to do, but so far--3.9 term GPA! 3.92 Cumulative. I'm so excited!

I am also taking business--Accounting to be specific. I am doing the 5 year program to graduate with a masters. I will finish December 2010, but won't be able to walk until May 2011. I can't wait for that date to come! lol But if it goes as fast as wedding planning and the wedding, I'll be done in no time, as will you ladies!! :-)

Congratulations everyone!! Enjoy the holidays and the break!!

September 13, 2008   :-) Just Married!! <3

"I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you."
-Avenged Sevenfold

Edited by: YoungMrsS on Dec 19, 2008 10:16 PM

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Ladies,

It's so worth it. Hang in there. Think of me not as AOTB, but as Future You, with a fulfilling job and decent salary, telling Today You to keep your eyes on the prize.

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

I got back ALL of my marks and finished my first semester of post secondary with an 82 percent!!! I'm very proud of that! Alot of you are taking some interesting schooling. Keep up the good work and hope that next semester goes well too!!

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Congrats to all the high achieving ladies here! We've got a bunch of smart sexy women on these boards! :)

I got my grades back too and my GPA didn't drop! Still a 4.0! Wooooooooo! EXTRA glass of wine for me tonight!! hehe Now i'm off until January 12th, isn't that crazy? It seems like a TON of time. I do want to try to study to clep that french exam, fill out a university application, but other than that I'm just chillin'. It's SO weird.

10/26/08 

aelrod Posts : 92 Registered: 12/5/07
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 8:11 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Amen on finals! I finished last week with all A's. I am in my sophomore year studying to be a Kindergarten teacher and was psyched about vacation until i realized (oh about an hour ago) that I start back the week after next :( Oh well, the faster school goes, the faster I graduate I guess. I am graduating in May 2011 and getting married in June 2011-- can't wait!

Our wedding is FOREVER AND A DAY away!

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: aelrod

Wow, I never understood why a bride would do that to herself. LOL You're going to be a MONTH from the wedding and having to worry about finals and graduation at the same time, not to mention finding a job. lol I'd go bonkers for sure!

10/26/08 

aelrod Posts : 92 Registered: 12/5/07
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Lol yeah going bonkers is in the plans... Well Dad's blessing is only good if I graduate college first (really just a threat i think :) and we are having a really relaxed beach wedding with just a few people so dealing with both wont be too bad. . . I hope!

Our wedding is FOREVER AND A DAY away!

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: aelrod

Eep! LOL At least it's not a fancy 300 person affair I suppose... but maybe at least then you'd have a professional coordinator to do everything for you, right? (LOL!)

10/26/08 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine