What got you motivated?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

ok, I'm looking at those photos and the one of my fav dress from the front is not at all flattering, lol. I PROMISE, in the store it looked much better- I was mid-turn and my hips look like an anvil under my waist, ahahaha. Oh well...

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Ashley I can't see the pics! There are open spaces where they should be, but it looks like gaps between paragraphs. I am off to a party, but I will check back tonight or tomorrow to see them. And Sun your dress looks great on you!

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

Posted: Dec 13, 2008 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

ok, maybe this will work better...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33341672@N06/sets/72157611153192343

If you view them via flickr, make sure to view the lacey one in the large view to get a good view of the details! =)

Also, I think next time I will pull some dresses for myself... These ones were all pulled by the consultant...

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 8:50 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Ash, you look incredible!!! Good for you!!!! And I am so glad that it was so much fun and not traumatizing as you had feared :)

Well girls, I am being pretty naughty this weekend....wine and food and eating out...well, it is the holidays! Yesterday I went a bit overboard, today not as much...really really enjoying myself this weekend though, and tomorrow I will reign it in.

I decided not to wear the dress tonight to the party as it is FREEZING out and the dress really doesn't work with tights, so I am wearing black wide leg trousers and a little barely there black dressy halter top. FH loves it :)

Well girls hope everyone is having a great weekend, chat tomorrow!!

Cuddlybear Posts : 18 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 1:38 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

{color:#666699}Well today or should I say yesterday now thats its 12:30am, lol, was a dreary day. I could not believe how warm it was though, the snow was starting to melt! Anyways I worked out after breakfast. I did walking and walked for 1 mile. Then we (me & FH) went to the laundrymat and did laundry. Went to Wendy's for lunch. Not that healthy but had to eat something. Later on was organizing and cleaning my apartment. Not much else went on.

{color:#666699}Today and Monday I am off and need to work hard at cleaning my apartment again. Every so often I do a thorough cleaning and organize everything. I actually enjoy doing that.... isnt that strange someone who actually like housecleaning, lol. My FH would help but I dont let him cuz I want it done my way. He does however help straighten things up or will clean when I ask him too. I only have to ask him once, lol. Anyways off to bed. I wanna get up and get some cleaning done, lol.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend...I am just checking in. We had a FANTASTIC weekend!! Two birthday parties, one Friday night and one Saturday night, a brunch date with my aunt on Saturday, and some great alone time in between. Anyway I was pretty lenient with my calories on Friday and Saturday and didn't go to the gym either day, but today I balanced my calories with yesterdays so that they would both average out to be the right amount, and I also went to the gym for an hour. I did 15 minutes of upper body weights and 45 minutes of very upbeat cardio. It felt great after the indulgent weekend! Saturday we also did lots of walking around. So really Friday is the only day that I went kinda overboard, and it's only one day, so I am not going to sweat it. We all need a break sometimes I guess.

Anyway, this week I want to play it very safe because I only have one week before we go away on vacation for a week...bathing suits, celebrating with the family, etc. Also, I won't be able to weigh in for the week that we are there, so rather than skip a weigh in, I am going to do this week's weigh in on Friday, and then weigh in a week later when I get back from vacation. Then we are going away mid week again right after the first trip, so I will probably stick with later-week weigh ins until our traveling schedule balances back out the week after that, then I can go back to Wednesdays. But anyway, I have decided to give up sugar for the rest of this week and also work out for an hour everyday. That is my little bargain with myself, because I want to break this plateau before Christmas if I can. Anyone who feels like joining me on the no sugar thing, please do! I don't eat much sugar anyway, so it won't be a big deal for me, but it will cut out a few of those little treats here and there and help me to shave off a bit extra hopefully!

Goodnight ladies! Hope everyone is doing great!

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 12:11 AM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Oh sunshine I hope you have lots of fun, i wish I could go somewhere bathing suit worthy. Canada is so cold right now haha. Or at least Saskatchewan. I get all lazy and don't want to workout because the car wont start and drink lots of hot caloric beverages. Good job on the no sugar, i can not join you because i wont be able to commit.

I'm needing a bit of inspiration/motivation. Anyone got anything? I had alot of pop this weekend and am scared to look at the scale!

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 12:44 AM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Hello everyone! Just checking in. Today has been a crazy kind of day. Got up ate breakfast then went to go get a few things from the grocery store before I got busy and didnt make time. Got back then made stir-fry for lunch. After lunch took a cat-nap (1 hour). Felt better so then I cleaned the bathroom. After that my mom called. Talked to her then went to Walmart had to try and find a new filter for my vaccum cleaner. Didnt find one so tonight I ordered one online. Afterwards stopped at Arby's brought it home to eat. I new I wouldnt have time to cook anything. Cuz shortly after we got home a cop stopped by. Its a long story but to make it short my younger sister's fiance (who she only knew for a week before getting engaged, ugh) stole my car that I had sitting at my parents house since it didnt run and dont have money to figure why. My parents called me last night to let me know. Supposedly he was going to fix it up for my sister but instead busted all the windows and whatever else then sold to someone for $200. I had to tell the cop my story. Which I dont know much, my parents reported and told them their story's. I have the title and its in my name thats how I got involved in this mess, ugh. The outcome though he was arrested and will be charged with a crime. To make matters even better he has lots of stuff on his background such as theft, having sex with a 16-year-old, etc. So this isnt something new. Goes to show a person to take time to get to know someone before getting into anything serious. Know their background. My sister just recently moved in with him too. My sister however is oblivious to all this thinks he is actually fixing it up for her. My sister lives a horrible life. I dislike her. We dont get along as it is and its only because I put boundaries up and will not be around people like her even if she is my sister.

Tonight after all the commotion was over I worked out. I walked for 2 miles. It felt great!! I think I had more energy because of the situation. My FH walked with me but he only made 1 mile. I challenged him to at least try to make 1 mile, well he did. So thats all for now. I am just going to relax the rest of the night and try to get more cleaning done tomorrow since I do not have anywhere to go and its suppose to be really crappy out... windy, cold, and snowy.

Have a good night everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!

Forever in the next.
Amen.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

Thanks Sun!!! And that's a bummer that you weren't able to wear the dress- but the other outfit sounds super cute too!!! I'm really glad you had such a great weekend and that you were still able to squeeze in working out- that's awesome! Sugar free for the rest of the week??? I would die doing that, lol. I can't go a day without some kind of chocolaty goodness.

Chico- there have been many weeks when I was afraid to weigh-in... some of them were discouraging and others ended up being pleasant surprises. Point is, a good way to maintain consistency and to continue to lose is to see those weeks when the numbers don't fall (or maybe even go up) and evaluate what choices you made that affected those numbers. Either way, it's all part of the process. There have been weeks that I gained and I was really bummed, but I've still lost 42 pounds total. So, that one week that I went up a little, well... it wasn't the end of the world. It just gave me something to think about. Good luck and step on that scale!

Cuddly- that's a complicated situation you've got there! I hope it is resolved sooner rather than later. And way to work out even after all that stress! As for not having time to cook and grabbing fast food instead... I used to do that too. Until I realized what I was putting in my body. Now, don't get me wrong, I still do fast food every once in a while (a jumbo jack is like, well... food from the gods), but making something healthy (and yummy!) at home doesn't take as long as you might think. I can't whip up a whole dinner in 10 minutes- which is less than how long it takes me to drive to jack in the box, order, get food, and drive home. But it starts with a choice- a choice to be more healthy or eat what's convenient, fast, and takes minimal effort. If you want a few quick (and super easy) recipes, let me know!

So, I think I forgot to mention my weigh in on Saturday... Down another 2.2!!! I got so wrapped up in posting about the dresses that I totally forgot to post my weight! lol

I hope you ladies had a great weekend... Happy Monday!!!

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hey everyone!

I've been super duper busy : ( busier than I've ever been in my life. It's been non-stop for the past two weeks and I don't think it will let up until after the new year. I'm in law enforcement and as they say "Tis the Season" right? so, yea it's been up and poppin' at work and I cannot leave the office until everything is taken care of, meaning late nights at work have been the norm. At home, well Christmas shopping, decorating, cleaning, wrapping and planning have been taking up any little time I have left. My dad is driving in from Kansas so I've been on the phone with him, making sure he gets here safely. My older sister (poor thing) has been dealing with my 19 yr old nephew. She found pot in his pants pocket. We had to do a mini-intervention with him. It seems like he knows he screwed up, he apologized, the whole bit so we'll see what he does. My other nephew is getting deployed to Iraq in March so we're having to deal with that too. It's hard, we're not a military family so this is all new to us. (SIGH)

I took the day off from work today, otherwise, I would burn out! I have tons of errands to take care of today and lo' and behold- it's pouring rain! and will be all day! that's just great......grrrr.....

I've managed 4 twenty minute workouts this past week and eating failrly healthy. I weighed myslef this morning- no change. I'm at 155 still. But, honestly- so much is going on and I've put weight loss on the back burner for now.

I read all your posts and I'm so happy for all of you! Sunshine and Ashley- thanks for sharing your pictures- you look amazing!

I'm sorry that I don't have much time to post right now but if after I'm done running around in the rain, I have time- I will be back later tonight.

Have a great day!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 10:57 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hey ladies!

I have been such a slacker lately with posting! I have been so busy with work, it is nuts! I almost wish I was always this busy, but I'll take it when I can get it. I have been leaving early and coming home late. I haven't been able to hit the gym at all, but I have been watching what I eat. I went to a party on sat night. I was proud of myself because I didn't go over board with eating or drinking. And there was lots of chocolate yummy stuff. Like peppermint bark(my all time weakness) and m&ms. I only had maybe 5 m&ms and a very small piece of the peppermint bark. Also at the party I saw a few girls I hadn't seen in a while. One of them said she didn't even recognize me when I walked in because I have lost so much weight. The other girl said she could tell I have lost weight. It was nice hearing that because the people around me most haven't said too much. I even saw my best friend 2 weeks ago(I hadn't seen her in about 3 months) and she didn't say anything. So it was a relief. I was feeling bloated too at the party, so I took it as a double compliment! Anyways, I am home alone for the night. FH is working over night tonight. This is my first time ever sleeping alone in this place. I am nervous!!! But this will be a good tester night because he is leaving Sunday for his moms and I wont be leaving until Tuesday. Anyways, I am off to finish up some more work for the evening before I start all over again tomorrow. Oh man and my game is on Saturday!!! I am so nervous. But screw it! I am supposed to be out of shape! I am going to wear my college suit so I will hopefully be intimidating to the girls!

Ash- the pics are amazing! And congrats on the 2.2 pounds! You just keep pluggin along girl!

Oh man! Christmas is next week! I haven't bought one gift. Actually I bought something for my FMIL's dog. That is it!

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 12:58 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Ash- I defianetly could use some super quick and easy recipes. Thanks for the offer!

Well today I did 15 minutes of pilates and then a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. Today I also joined www.sparkpeople.com. It is great. A couple of my coworkers told me about this site. Its just like weight watchers, but its free and has sooo much information and tools. If anyone would like to join that would be great. If you decide to and put a profile together theres a spot where it asks you for a username that referred you..... my username is Happy0408.

Today was a relaxing day. I had the day off and never went anywhere because it is freezing outside. Right now its a wind chill of 17 below zero. I am bundled up right now cuz my house is even really cold and the heat is cranked all the way up, lol.

Forever in the next.
Amen.

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

Well thought I would give you all a quick update. I just exercised this morning and now have to finish getting ready for work.... I work at 3:00pm. I did 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone and then 13 minutes mat workout Pilates Sculpt & Tone. It felt great. Now I am ready for the day.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Forever in the next.
Amen.

FutureMrsScanlon Posts : 67 Registered: 12/15/08
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: Cuddlybear

The wedding dress I want is a size 26 (I'm a plus sized lady) and right now I can hardly fit into a size 26 so I've been using my mom's treadmill, FH and I joined weight watchers a few months ago and it's worked so far, I've had some bad days but who doesn't? I know I just started the program it seems but I've managed to lose almost 5 pounds.. it's better than nothing :) I'm watching what I eat and I'm moving more.

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Posted: Dec 16, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsScanlon

Muffin- I'm glad you took a day off... sounds like you needed it!!! When things calm down and you, we'd love to hear from you!!

Cuddly- when I'm at home and I have a few minutes to look through my stuff I'll send you some recipes!

Since there's already a "FMS" I'll just call you Scanlon... I am a ww member too and I LOVE it. I've lost 41.2 pounds total and I've been on ww since July 14, 2008- it's amazing what sticking to the program can do. Eat less, move more... seems easy enough but I'm sure we all know how truly challenging that can be. Getting started on a treadmill is great, but most of us here will tell you that if you are serious about losing weight, you have to be lifting weights as well. Muscle burns more calories than fat does and speeds up your metabolism so its totally worth it. Most of the girls here weigh in on Wednesdays, but I post my weight on Saturdays since that's when I go to my ww meeting. We also posted our starting weights and our goals/motivation for this weight loss journey. Welcome and can't wait to hear more from you!

So ladies, I can't stop thinking about the dress... I think I'm going to order it. I'm just not positive because its still a year and 4 months until the wedding and that just seems really early. But, its a 2007 and I would be SO bummed if it was discontinued before I could order it... Also, we've decided on a place and have narrowed down reception sites... again, it's really soon, but some places in our city are already booked! ...doing all this just makes me realize- holy crap, I really am getting married =) ...and I couldn't be happier about it!

I beat my mile time from last week by a few seconds... I'm going to the gym tonight to try and smash it. I did some weight and strength training last night and I'm heading back tonight for more of the same!

I hope you ladies are all doing well... where are you all?! hehe

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine