Christmas-Themed Favorites Survey!

Online Users: 1,272 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 63

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Christmas-Themed Favorites Survey!
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

For the Christmas junkies (like me) out there.

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best?

O Holy Night - the Elvis Presley version gives me chills. Do You Hear What I Hear sung by Whitney Houston. Harry Connick Jrs version of Winter Wonderland. Happy Christmas- War Is Over by John Lennon. Baby Its Cold Outside IS hands down my favorite alltime Christmas song and I love the version with Leon Redbone and Zooey Dashnel.

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song?

Hmmm... not sure which of these is modern vs. classic, and Im probably putting them into the wrong category...but what I listen to most often and absolutely LOVE is "A Charlie Brown Christmas" - Wynton and Ellis Marsalis; the entire cd. Others include Boogie Woogie Christmas (again,the entire cd is amazing) by Brian Setzer Orchestra, Santa Baby by Madonna, The Christmas Song by Barbra Streisand, Youre A Mean One, Mr. Grinch by Thurl Ravenscroft (from How the Grinch Stole Christmas), Merry F*ing Christmas sung by Mr. Garrison (South Park). There are soooo many more, but I cant think of them now. Ill probably come back because Im a music nut.

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie?

We watch Christmas Vacation every year so thats up there. Its a Wonderful Life. Elf.

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food?

Peppermint hot chocolate with marshmallows and candy canes. On Christmas morning we have a tradition of drinking that and my mom makes fried dough with cinnamon and sugar while we open our stockings. Another favorite is Christmas cookies, and Roast Beef.

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe.

I have my Santa Hat I pull out each year, and we have stockings for our kitties and little hats.

6. (Sorry I had to add this question because Im OBSESSED with Christmas specials.) Favorite Christmas TV Special:

I love them ALL but Rudolph TheRed Nosed Reindeer ALWAYS makes me laugh so damn hard with its claymation , the mouths moving at the wrong time, the great songs like "Silver and Gold..." and lines of dialogue such as "I want to be a dentist" and "No child wants a Chaaaaarlie in the Box!" Absolutely classic.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

"....the elf who wanted to be a dentist."

LOL Bride2008, thats Rudolph. Its from Rudolph I mean. The elfs name is Herbie and he doesnt like to make toys, he wants to instead be a dentist. God that cracks me up everytime. "Dont like to make toys???"" Oh man, I could quote from Rudolph all day. Now that I know you hate it , Ill have to make it my goal to annoy you and Ama with Rudolph stuff.

By the way, watching Rudolph over the years, there is something I have always noticed that totally baffles me and makes me die laughing everytime. I pointed it out years ago to my college friends, then my family , then anyone else who would listen and now everyone I know watches for this little moment at the very end of Rudolph that I noticed. Its sooo weird.

Okay, you know the end part where Santa and Rudolph and all the reindeer go to the Island of Misfit Toys to rescue the toys and bring them to kids right? Well at the VERY end, when they are showing the credits and everything, they show each toy one by one being pushed out of the sleigh with an umbrella/parachute to slide down to the house with... well EVERY Single toy gets a parachute; except for the "bird who doesnt fly - I swim!" That was his misfit, he couldnt fly. So when they show him about to leave the sleigh, he gets NO parachute at all, and they just basically KILL him by shoving him out the sleigh to die because he cant fly!!!! I noticed this years ago and its always bugged me and made me laugh at the same time. WTF? lol.

Oh and "Merry Christmas - shitters full!" LOL.

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:01 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Just an FYI for any Christmas Special Freaks like me: A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS is on tonight at 8pm. Woooohooo!!! Ama and Bride2008, I know youll both be watching lol.

"Dont you think Im beauuuuuutiful Charlie Brown? huh? Well dont you? You hesitated.I know when Ive been insulted. I know when Ive been insulted!!!" - Lucy:)

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - 6. (Sorry I had to add this question because Im OBSESSED with Christmas specials.) Favorite Christmas TV Special:

I guess when they play How the Grinch stole Chistmas

Kelley - Okay, you know the end part where Santa and Rudolph and all the reindeer go to the Island of Misfit Toys to rescue the toys and bring them to kids right? Well at the VERY end, when they are showing the credits and everything, they show each toy one by one being pushed out of the sleigh with an umbrella/parachute to slide down to the house with... well EVERY Single toy gets a parachute; except for the "bird who doesnt fly - I swim!" That was his misfit, he couldnt fly. So when they show him about to leave the sleigh, he gets NO parachute at all, and they just basically KILL him by shoving him out the sleigh to die because he cant fly!!!! I noticed this years ago and its always bugged me and made me laugh at the same time. WTF? lol.

Now I'm going to have to watch that creepy movie just to see that part. LOL

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket
Our Wedding Website 

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

LOL Kelley every day I set the DVR to record the next day's Christmas specials! Does that make me a member of the Christmas freak club too?!? I LOVE Christmas specials!

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Pinky - you dont have to watch the whole thing, just the last minute or two. It literally happens at the VERY end of the show, when they are on the sleigh... lol. Besides, it was already on last week.

Care- yup, Id say youre officially a Xmas Special Freak:)

I love how Linus, a child who is all of what? 10yrs old and carries a security lbanket- explains the religious meaning of Christmas to Charlie Brown. LOL. Cracks me up. My favorite part...

Charlie Brown: DOESNT ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE REAL MEANING OF XMAS IS ALL ABOUT??

Linus: I do Charlie Brown. Lights please... And Lo ...

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - my DH can recite Linus's speech from Charlie Brown Christmas by heart. It is so cute when he does it too. We have the movie on DVD - we are going to watch it Christmas morning together.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Yeah- MisterK can pretty much recite the ENTIRE SHOW line by line. Which he did tonight as we watched it. Pretty damn funny.

"Of all the Charlie Browns in the world - youre the Charlie Brownist."

And my favorite line -" I already know noone likes me. Why must we have a holiday to emphasize it?" - Charlie Brown.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

OMG! Pinky I just watched Rudolph (to put it on DVD for my nephew) and I specifically watched til the very end to see the part you were talking about. I swear the elf smiles as he keeps holding onto the umbrella as the bird jumps! How horrible! I can't believe I never noticed it....
**sorry--it was Kelley who informed me of this horrible twist to the special, not Mrs. Pinky**

Edited by: carebearny1999 on Dec 10, 2008 7:23 PM

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 11:24 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

HEHE... Told ya Carebear huh??? Isnt it hilarious!!!?? I swear I noticed that about TEN years ago when I was in college, and then I pointed it out to everyone I know for years. My whole family still thinks its so funny how the poor bird gets pushed out with no parachute,and everyone else gets one!!! ITS PURE EVIL!!!!! Just like the rest of Rudolph. Ive never seen a meaner Santa than on that cartoon. Hes so rude, and everyone is so mean to Rudolph. If I were him, Id be like "F you Santa! Im not riding in your sleigh! fend for yourself douchebag!"

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

ROFLMAO - I haven't seen the clip in detail as being described, but I'm LMAO none the less.

What odd things someone picks up on. LOL

FitzMcgee Posts : 13 Registered: 12/11/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best?

My fav classic would be "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Dean Martin.

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song?

"Mary Did You Know" by Clay Aiken, haha. It's a pretty song! :P

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie?

Oh, I adore "Love Actually" during Christmas.

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food?

Mmm...it's hard to pick a favorite, it's all so good!

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe.

I do not yet. My friends and I are having a "Tacky Christmas Sweater Party". I'm going to go to the Salvation Army and find the most horribly Christmas decorated sweater I can :D

I'm a newbie learnin' the ropes :D

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: FitzMcgee

Please give me details on the "Tacky Christmas Sweater Party" I'd LOVE to do this!!!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket
Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax does make you sleepy. it has a sedative effect. sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

FitzMcgee Posts : 13 Registered: 12/11/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Well, every year my friends and I have a "Secret Santa" party. This year we decided to still do the secret santa thing, but make it a "Tacky Christmas Sweater Party" also. And we're talking tacky.

Like, for example:

Or even this, haha:

I'm going to go to the Salvation Army and find the tackiest one I can :)

I'm a newbie learnin' the ropes :D

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 2:08 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I couldn't figure out where else to put this and I'm too lazy tonight to start a new thread.

Not mine... it was sent to me. Sung to the tune of "Winter Wonderland"

Another "ping,"
Are you listenin'?
The 'puter screen,
Is a glistenin'.
With icons so bright,
They light up the night,
Welcome to the e-mail wonderland!

Gone away,
Are the hall talks.
Here to stay,
Is the INBOX.
Flagged "urgent, please read!",
And "answer with speed!".

In the morning e-mails start to add up.
No lunch today cause messages abound.
Just click away and hope the server stays up.
You can't do your job if it goes down.

10 P.M.,
You're not tired.
The caffeine,
Has you wired.
The day's not complete,
Till the final delete,

In the morning e-mails start to add up,
No lunch today cause messages abound.
Just click away and hope the server stays up.
You can't do your job if it goes down.

Until you,
Are retired,
The same old grind,
It is required.
You'll face unafraid,
That message parade.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

RSS