looking for the ring

Online Users: 1,359 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

CrystalH1 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/30/08
looking for the ring
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 12:03 AM

Hi everyone,
My boyfriend and I are in the process of look for an engagement ring. Im not to big about how big and fancy it is but he is. I was looking at some ring from wal-mar, sams, overstock.com, and ebay. I was curious if any of you had gotten your ring from any of these places, and are you happy with it?

SoonToBeMrsLish Posts : 50 Registered: 11/24/08
Re: looking for the ring
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 1:02 AM Go to message in response to: CrystalH1

I got my ring from overstock.com and I absolutely love it. They had it shipped when they said it would be and everything. I was really happy with the service.

The love of my life... My other half... My best friend!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 8:53 PM Go to message in response to: CrystalH1

I got my ring set from kmart and I adore it. Walmart has great ones too
Photobucket www.weddingcountdown.com

JackieB0129 Posts : 497 Registered: 4/24/07
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: JJsWifey08

Mine is from overstock.com. I love it. It's a 3 stone round diamond on a white gold setting. It's at least worth a look.

Fun fact: Wal-Mart is the largest jewerly retailer in the US.

Jackie B!

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

SanaChan Posts : 47 Registered: 1/2/08
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 11:21 PM Go to message in response to: CrystalH1

Another thing to think about is quality. While you may not want it to be too big and flashy, he still may want to spend a certain amount on a ring so he doesn't feel cheap or imasculated. Small perfect quality diamonds can cost more then large diamonds with a yellowish tinge or lots of inclusions. It's all up to you, but good things to keep in mind.
"Those who want to relive their youth, are probably too old to remember it."

CheetahAngel Posts : 2,017 Registered: 11/29/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 7:44 AM Go to message in response to: SanaChan

Zales is good ;) That is where I got mine. It's a heat shapped diamond with diamonds along the side, white gold 14k. He got a good deal on it cuz the wedding band came with it.

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: CheetahAngel

We got mine at Whitehall (a typical mall jeweler).. they are going out of business now and liquidating a lot of inventory, so you may be able to get a good deal. We got mine before they were closing, and it was still the most affordable of the mall jewelers. Mine is a 1.1 tcw 3 stone ring with pave stones on the band and it's awesome!

rqz7 Posts : 27 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: CrystalH1

We got mine from abazias.com. It's kind of like bluenile.com. They had a good selection and range of prices, and they called us to talk about it before they sent it.

Franko Posts : 128 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: rqz7

we bought it from wondejewelers ontheir ebay site, they have also regular website, We got a really great deal, so we went with them, ask them for discount, they will probably give you one

I bought our rings @

LilTuffGirl Posts : 301 Registered: 11/4/08
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: CrystalH1

Be sure wherever you go has a warentee on their rings! Thats why I went to Kay. They have a lot of stores around and they will replace the diamond if it falls out as long as I take it in for a free cleaning every 6 months.

My ring was only about $800. I work as an EMT and soon will be a paramedic.. I need to fit my hands into latex gloves and motorcycle gloves, mine had to be small! lol I work with my hands too much. But I love it :) It's the meaning behind the ring that matters most, not where it was purchased or how much it costs.

CrystalH1 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: CrystalH1

Thank you everyone. I have some good ideas now. We decided on a price range that was suitable for the both of us. Im not the girl who really wears jewelry and diamonds really are not my best friend. So we decided to get a cute lil semi expensive ring ( on a college students budget that is) and later down the road upgrade it.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: CrystalH1

Crystal--

Just wanted to add that I"m another Overstock.com bride! LOL. The pp who mentioned quality was right on. My ring is actually much better quality than it was supposed to be, and I swear it's a slightly larger diamond too! We didn't figure this out until a while after we were married when my husband started working at Kay. Anyway, we were very happy with Overstock.

Warranties are helpful on rings because they will size them for free. It's also a good idea to have them cleaned and inspected every 6 months anyway, although any jewelry store will perform this service, even if you did not buy the ring from them.

Another suggestion, if you're looking to save money... check out the typical mall stores like Kay, JB Robinson, Leroy, Belden (those are all owned by the same company, btw!). Say you want a 1/2 carat solitaire... ask the salesperson if you can see some from the understock under the magnifier. They should all be priced the same, but the quality varies a bit. I got a nice pair of diamond earrings this way!!

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

If you have a Shane Co. near you, I would definitley check them out. That's FH got my ring and it's amazing. Not only that, but they clean it, maintain it, and size it for free (for life!) and warranty it FOR LIFE! When they sized my ring (from a 7 to a 5- I lost a lot of weight) on of the side stones on the bottom came loose and fell out about a month later. Well, they replaced it for free, as promised! The costumer service there is amazing and you can find something beautiful no matter what your budget is. Also, what's online is not all of what they have... They only carry a limited number of each style and once they are sold out, they are sold out. They don't make a ton of the same ring so the chances of finding someone with the exact same one as you is slim... FH bought one of the 3 rings in all of CA, for example.

Good luck and happy shopping!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine