flowers

Online Users: 1,241 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 5

MrsXSecretX Posts : 15 Registered: 12/6/08
flowers
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 9:12 PM

why have flowers at the wedding?
theyre just going to die and we need plants and trees to live.
why cut them down and buy them? D:
i don't see the point and if i were to buy some they'd be to plant not to hold around letting them die

Hes Mine!! RAWR

Imagine me and u
I do
I think about u day and night
Its only right
To think about the 1 u luv
And hold him tight
So happy together

If i should call u up
Invest a dime
And u say u belong 2 me
And ease my mind
Imagine how the world would be
So very fine
So happy together

I can't see me loving nobody but u-
(so happy together, yeah, so happy together)
When your with me, baby, the skies will be blue
(so happy together, my luv for u gonna be forever)

I think of me and u
And u and me
No matter how they toss a dice
It had 2 be
The only 1 for me is u And u for me So happy together

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: flowers
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

I agree. We didn't have many flowers for that very reason. Flowers just aren't worth the money that florists charge for them.

A lot of people use silk flowers for that reason. I've also seen people use potted plants for centerpieces, which is nice, since the guests can take them home and plant them.

For you, I'd plan to decorate the robot SOMEHOW, but I don't know whether real flowers are the way to go. First off, does the robot get hot? (I mean, I know it gets HOT when it's pole-dancing, but does it get physically hot?) If so, then real flowers would just wilt. I'd go with custom-made flame-resistant flowers. Or perhaps robot flowers. They probably make those, right?

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

Actually, I personally believe that there are too many plants and trees in the world. Therefore, we are killing as many as possible for our wedding. I'm wearing a dress made out of flowers. My bridesmaids will hav different bouquets for the ceremony and reception. And instead of a unity candle, our fathers are goinbg to cut down a tree together.
I also agree that the pole dancing robot needs to be decorated. Robot flowers would be awesome. I don't see any reason why they couldn't make some of those if they can make a robot that pole dances.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

Well, as a flower lover, I'd hate to have a wedding without them.
As for your reasoning, remember, the flowers are going to die anyway, whether or not you pick them--in fact, some plants will produce more flowers if you pick the blooms than if you just let them wilt and go to seed. As for trees, if you want them to live, send e-vites or something! And, silk flowers--well, I'm sure you're killing something by using those (especially if they're not really silk--they're probably made of some petroleum product!) Soooo, if you don't want flowers, don't use them. But when all the florists starve, it'll be your fault!

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

Dear X,

You are under no obligation to have flowers at your wedding. All you need for a valid marriage is a willing bride, willing groom, license plus legally required officiant and witnesses.

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

Im only having a bouquet of roses!! I dont need all the fancy flowers and stuff. i love roses and stuff
Photobucket www.weddingcountdown.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine