Guestlist "A" and "B"

Online Users: 1,333 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Sharkgirllovesc... Posts : 39 Registered: 12/5/08
Guestlist "A" and "B"
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 4:28 AM

Ok so I tediously went back 3 weeks & made sure I was the first to post about this:

We aren't engaged yet, let me just get that out of the way.

I am planning though LOL

We are thinking of having our wedding on July 4, 2009.

The wedding will be in his parents backyard (def cut down on costs & his parents backyard is cute but small).

I told my bf when he proposes, I'm immediately buying Save-the-Date cards for the guests that will be at the ceremony itself (between 25-30 ppl) and then everyone else can come to the reception (about 100 or more ppl if everyone comes)

My problem is this, how do I word the invitations to pretty much say "If you didn't get a STD card, please attend reception only"?

So far I have got, "Due to size of location for ceremony, we are having a small intimate ceremony, please join us for the celebration after & get your groove on!!" Or something like that but sound more professional?

And would it be tacky to type that nicely on a slip of paper & insert it with the list of hotels & directions & wedding website slips??

HELP!

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Re: Guestlist "A" and "B"
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

With the SVD, you could have two seperate types, wedding one and reception one, or you could just do it in one, however you want. If it was me, I'd include my website info on or with the SVD. Then whe you send your invites out, you will need two completely seperate ones, with more professional wording. One invite will have the ceremony & reception on it while the other one is just for the reception. Something to the extent of MOB/FOB would like to announce the union of their daughter YOU to FH the son of MOG/FOG. They will be wed on the fourth of July 2009 at __________ (don't include the time). You presence is requested at a celebration of two becomeone one at _______________ (include location, tme).

That isn't the best wording in the world but you get the general idea.

Hope that helps!

wedding widget

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

Dear Shark,

I love your wedding idea. I did exactly the same. I got married in my parents' backyard, and it was lovely and unique.

As for the A/B list: No, I don't like the idea. It's rude to invite people to one part of the event but not the other. "You're good enough to come to the reception and bring gifts, but not good enough to witness the vows."

My suggestion is to reconsider the B list, and take off the people you don't know that well (such as "guests of guests") and come to some kind of happy medium between the small intimate group you have on your A list and the huge crowd on the B list. It will be tough explaining to people why they are not invited to the ceremony.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

the only people who actually need save-the dates are out of town guests who need to make transportation and housing arrangements, especially for a holiday. If they're coming that far, they should be included in the ceremony. For the rest, just send your invitation. You can include an insert for the ceremony for those close to you, and word the invitation to say something like, "We will be married in a small, family ceremony. Please come to help us celebrate at (time, place, etc.)." Or, you can do two separate invites, one that gives the ceremony time and place, along with reception info., and the other that just invites people to the celebration.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Sharkgirllovesc... Posts : 39 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: myra

Thank you all for advice. The only people coming to the wedding will be out-of-town guests (which are 98% family) and very close friends and local family.

Everyone else coming to the reception would be like co-workers, friends (but not close close friends), etc.

I was afraid the gifts would come up. I honestly don't care. I haven't even thought that far. To me, just sharing in our joy is enough of a gift for me.

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

Dear Shark,

"I was afraid the gifts would come up. I honestly don't care. I haven't even thought that far. "

Yes, but that will be on people's mind when they get your invitation. It is customary to give gifts when accepting an invitation to a wedding and associated reception.

MrsXSecretX Posts : 15 Registered: 12/6/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: Sharkgirllovesc...

you should do rock paper scissors shoot for who goes with a and b it'll be fun exspecially if theres little kids going x3

Hes Mine!! RAWR

Imagine me and u
I do
I think about u day and night
Its only right
To think about the 1 u luv
And hold him tight
So happy together

If i should call u up
Invest a dime
And u say u belong 2 me
And ease my mind
Imagine how the world would be
So very fine
So happy together

I can't see me loving nobody but u-
(so happy together, yeah, so happy together)
When your with me, baby, the skies will be blue
(so happy together, my luv for u gonna be forever)

I think of me and u
And u and me
No matter how they toss a dice
It had 2 be
The only 1 for me is u And u for me So happy together

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine