Yeah I really shouldn't have looked.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket
Our Wedding Website

Edited by: mrspinky on Dec 4, 2008 12:41 PM

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Re: Done with theknot
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

So I just checked out that link... it made me laugh..and one of them even called me a drag queen..oooooooooooooooo. I am so offended. Anyway, that's why they are from the KNOT- the NOT worth signing on. Well it just proves one thing forsure....this world is deffinatly has it's fill of DIMWITS AND THAT SITE HAS MOST OF THEM.

Just noticed my tags "knotties suck" lol

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

nanette927 wrote:
So I just checked out that link... those btiches made me laugh..and one of them even called me a drag queen..oooooooooooooooo. I am so offended. Anyway, that's why they are from the KNOT- the NOT worth signing on. Well it just proves one thing forsure....this world is deffinatly has it's fill of DIMWITS AND THAT SITE HAS MOST OF THEM.

Well you ARE from Vegas and you've probably seen some drop dead GORGEOUS drag queens who make some super models look blah. I have a friend who is a drag queen...he makes me SICK (the bitch <G>) because he is so fricken gorgeous in his get up--especially when he uses his auburn wig (his platinum one, though, is not really his color -- but he still makes me sick with that one too.) He's cute as a guy (looks like Carson Kressley), but he does doll up nicely.

But yes, that was the one comment that really cheesed me off. I've never posted a negative comment regarding one of our profile pics, especially not the wedding day ones! Everyone is beautiful, and I'm so glad we get to see their pictures. We're certainly not catty about the shallow stuff here. So they are shallow and snarky bitches.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

The link that goheels gave is NOT the one that I found and read this morning. I'll have to go digging for it again.

Nanette, you can thank me for that tag!! And you absolutely don't look like a drag queen.

Tobi & Brian - April 21, 2008

Photobucket

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

nanette-Where's the link to the thread that says I'm lazy? I find that rather comical seeing as I'm 5'7 and 120 pounds! And yes-Cat-some drag queens are gorgeous!

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

Thanks, ladies...funny thing was it didn't offend me, it made me more mad that they don't know who I am...and when have I ever insulted anyone...oh well. like my daddy used to say.. dimwhit and diasies. And you are right Cat, I know a few poeple that dress in drag here in Vegas that make me sick too lol. Oh one thing I can say for sure is, I was looking at some of their pro pic's...and wow...I guess their ugly personalities are shininning through.

Edit:
Well, after thinking of how I stooped to their level..I decided to delete the BABOON picute I posted. I will stick to addressing them as Dimwits and Daisies.

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: nanette927

OMG Nanette, you're a crack up! I have to admit that I did not notice!!

Linda Jo, what are you talking about? When/where did someone say you were lazy? Did they really say that specifically about you? I'm confused but that's really nothing new.

Tobi & Brian - April 21, 2008

Photobucket

goheels05 Posts : 7 Registered: 2/21/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

Insulting a person's looks is a low I would never stoop to. I hope you don't associate us all with the people who made fun of your pictures, just like you all, we have "friends" on the knot, and none of my friends on there would ever insult any of your looks. If brides.com is so much better than the knot, I'd hope none of you would insult anyone's looks, either.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

RanAway2Maine wrote:nanette-Where's the link to the thread that says I'm lazy? I find that rather comical seeing as I'm 5'7 and 120 pounds! And yes-Cat-some drag queens are gorgeous!

That site is so screwed up...finding forums is nuts, so unorganized and disfunctionable just like the users. I am trying to find it and I will post it. I don't see how Emmy tolerate's that site.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: goheels05

goheels05 {color:#800080
wrote:{color}}
Insulting a person's looks is a low I would never stoop to. I hope you don't associate us all with the people who made fun of your pictures, just like you all, we have "friends" on the knot, and none of my friends on there would ever insult any of your looks. If brides.com is so much better than the knot, I'd hope none of you would insult anyone's looks, either.

Thanks GoHeels. I'm glad to hear that about you AND your friends. Like I said, most of what I read was funny but not really offensive. It was when they said Nanette looked like a drag queen that I got peeved with them. Afterall... we're over here calling THEM bitches, why should I expect them to be all sunny and sweet in their discussion of this thread? I didn't. But likewise, while I figured they'd be pissy about this thread and the attitude of it, I did not expect them to start dissing on profile pics.

I do think that the two boards should be able to get along, truthfully. We're all brides, or have been (because we don't have to leave just because we 'done got hitched')...so we're here to support one another.

It should not matter WHICH of the boards we're on.

Though... theknot.com's web design. NOT good at all!

Misty

wedding countdown

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

The things you miss when you're slammed at work!! LOL.
Nanette, if you are secretly a drag queen, you are officially the most beautiful drag queen I've ever seen. :)

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Introducing.... Miss Fonda Lingue

In the Auburn Hair

His Zza Zza look

This is my Seymour (from Little Shop of Horrors). My minister thought we looked REALLY cute together and would make a great couple (I was not with FH at that point). His wife pointed out that Seymour was probably gay. (He has several professions which are 'stereotypically gay' if a man does it. I'm trying to figure out if he has missed any, actually: interior decorator, floral designer, wedding coordinator, ballet teacher, ballet dancer, choreographer, hair stylist, and.... drag queen).

He's really sweet though, and I think he looks amazing as a woman.

Misty

wedding countdown

rqz7 Posts : 27 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I'm from Baltimore and I'm getting my cake from Charm City Cakes! I'm so excited about it! It's not going to be super interesting though. Just 4 tiered and shiny gold with a snowglobe on top. And yes I know I'm responding to a post from hours ago. Oops.

mushaboo wrote:

Welcome, Shakimbo!!!
I swear I can't figure out what's going on with my text reply boxes.

Anyways, we're all friendly, but as women all having Aunt Flo at many different times during the months cat fights are bound to happen. I don't know a thing about the Knot, but I'm sorry they gave you a bad time.

I have a dumb question for you (or anyone else from Baltimore).......have you seen Duff's (Ace of Cakes from Food Network) bakery? I'm such a nerd. I love that show.

Happy planning to you!

Edited by: rqz7 on Dec 4, 2008 9:39 PM

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: rqz7

Yeah... but it is Charm City Cakes. How rockin awesome is that?!

And besides, a snowglobe is pretty heavy, so they will be doing architecture on it, and making it work amazingly around it.

We are SO gonna want pictures of that cake!!

Congrats on booking Duff!!

Misty

wedding countdown

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: SHAKIMBO

I just wanted to say that I was on the knot, and still am. They were very mean to me too.I posted on there saying how finally I'm engaged, and it will be a while before I will get married. I hardly post on the knot anymore.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine