Christmas-Themed Favorites Survey!

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 63

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Re: Christmas-Themed Favorites Survey!
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best?
Carol of the Bells by anyone, but when we sang it in my select choir in high school it would give me goosebumps!

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song?
Where are you Christmas by Faith Hill and Christmas Shoes (I dunno who sings it). It makes me bawl

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version)

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food?
We have steak every hear for Christmas. YUM

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe.
I don't have any. But I will. I'm going to a Tacky Christmas Party this year, where we'll all wear the tackiest Christmas clothes possible to the party. FUN! :)

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Carol of the Bells, Silent Night

Manhiem Steamroller Christmas

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version)

Eggnog and my Nana's shortbread wreath cookies!!! Yummo!!!

I currently have two pairs of Christmas socks. But if you were to find my Nana's photo albums, you'd find TONS of tacky 80's and 90's Christmas wear, right down to the Christmas PJ's!!!!

~ Living the married life

Hillary & Sean September 20, 2008 Laughing

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Hark the Herald is by far my favorite. I love it song by any choir, but if I had to pick one person, I would say Jewel or Mariah Carey.

The Chipmunk Song. It's not really that modern, but I love it. Every year my two sisters and I stand in the living room and sing it for our family. It has a lot of sentimental value.

National Lampoon Christmas Vacation - it reminds me of my family.

Butter cookies, which is actually pretty recent. FH and I baked dozens of them the last two Christmases and it has been so much fun. It really isn't eating them, so much as it is the fun we have making them.

I love Christmas socks, not stockings but actual socks. I also have cute little t-shirts that say things like "Rudolph's Biggest Fan" and "Santa Loves Me".

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knubkles and I know how to use them.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? I love White Christmas by Bing Crosby. I love the oldie Christmas music. Oh yes, adding Carol of the Bells--makes me want to get up and dance.

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? Olivia Olson - All I Want For Christmas Is You from the Love Actually soundtrack

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie? Hands down- Christmas Story and The Grinch
Nan- to me ELF is an all year movie. lol

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? It's not a food. I LOVE Gingerbread Lattes and Peppermint lattes from Starbucks.

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe. Does an elf hat count? lol I also have some undies that say "I'm on Santa's naughty list" on the butt.

{color:#000000}{font:'Edwardian Script ITC'}{size:16pt}{color:#993366} ever thine ever mine ever ours{size}{font}

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:29 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Fun!! :)

Bing Crosby's I'll be home for Christmas. My dad sings it SO close to how Bing can that it always reminds me of dad. :)

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas. Also, a friend of mine just put out a few christmas tracks, one original call "I wanna be Mrs. Clause" that is totally catchy! You can hear it here: http://www.airplaydirect.com/music/dpk.php?band_id=23230
. tell me if you like it! :)

White Christmas (and I love the song "snow snow snow" from there!)

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? Mince meat pie. Don't mock it 'till you try it! hehe Egg Nog right after that!

I have stuff that I won't wear except around the cold season, but nothing themeed. hehe I might own a pair of santa clause earrings that I've had since middle school. hehe :)

10/26/08

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I love "Ding Dong Merrily on High" and my favorite version is the Celtic Women.

I am a huge BNL fan and I love their song, "An Elf's Lament". It's really funny. Michael Buble sings with them on that song.

"A Christmas Story." You'll shoot your eye out!!

Cheeeeeeesy potatoes!!

I don't have any actual clothing, but I do have a necklace that looks like tiny little Christmas lights. My Dad got them for my mom, my sister and I a few years ago. :) He likes to get cute things for his girls.

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Carol of the Bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra. We got to go see them this year, and it was awesome!

Shoot. I can't think of the name of it!

Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Mikey's Christmas Carol, Charlie Brown Christmas, Garfield Christmas.

Puppy chow!! (its chex mix stuff with chocolate and peanut butter on it), I love my grandmothers stuffing!

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing?
I don't think I do. If I do its been a while since I've worn them. But I just bought my two dogs christmas clothes! I bought Lucy (the bigger dog) one that says Santa's Little Helper. I bought Marcy one that says "Gimme a present or I'll pee on your tree!" haha, I can't wait to make them wear it!!

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

White Christmas, Bing Crosby (classic)
Santa Claus is coming to Town-? I don't have one, I love them all.
White Christmas, Elf, Love Actually, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I rotate the movies and watch them all month.
Gingerbread cookies, all cookies really

Not really, but I wear a lot of red all month.

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? Silent Night. I don't care who sings it, I just love the song.

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? Carol of the Bells

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? don't have a favorite

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe. I have a Christmas outfit that I also wear for Valentines Day. It's a red velvet shirt with a black velvet skirt that has red roses on it. I also have a black velvet suit (jacket and pants).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? Oh Holy Night-Celine Dion, Dreaming of a White Christmas-Bing Crosby

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? Oh Holy Night-Cartman, All I Want For Christmas-Mariah, Christmas Wrapping-The Waitresses

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie? Home Alone ("no clothes on anyone, sickening"), Christmas Vacation ("and why is the carpet all wet, Todd? I dont know, Margo")

3b. Christmas Movies I hate: Rudolph (claymation freaks me out, so does the noise his nose makes when it lights up), Frosty (he freaking melts, thats nice), Charlie Brown Christmas (I HATE CHARLIE BROWN) A Christmas Story (once is enough, TBS)

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? My mom's yams, my grandma's bread (that my mom makes now), cookies

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe. I do not, however I love a good christmas vest complete with light bulb earrings and snowman broach.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

3b. Christmas Movies I hate: Rudolph (claymation freaks me out, so does the noise his nose makes when it lights up), Frosty (he freaking melts, thats nice), Charlie Brown Christmas (I HATE CHARLIE BROWN) A Christmas Story (once is enough, TBS)

Thank you! YES

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsDenuninani wrote:For the Christmas junkies (like me) out there.

Yay I love Christmas!

1. What's your favorite classic Christmas Song? Who sings it best? White Christmas - Bing Crosby, This Christmas (the version by Straight No Chaser), Carol of the Bells

2. What's your favorite modern Christmas Song? Joy to the World and All I Want for Christmas- Mariah Carey, Christmas is All Around - Billy Mack (hahaha....not sure why but it makes me laugh), My Grown-Up Christmas List - Kelly Clarkson

3. What's your favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (also cartoon version), Christmas Vacation, ELF!!,

4. What's your favorite Christmas-time food? Um, I don't really have a favorite christmastime food...but I love sugar cookies. SO I guess if they're christmas decorated that counts?

5. Do you own any Christmas-themed clothing? If so, please describe. Actually, I do...BUT it was from DH's grandma a couple years ago. I didn't have the heart to say no to the sweet little lady. She handed me a red sweater with a santa face on the front complete with googley eyes and a cottonball beard. EEK! I do have a baby blue santa hat from Disney that has Tinkerbell bells on the front.

~~~~~~~~
together is a perfect place to be because it's there that you can be delightfully imperfect. and there's nothing closer to perfection than being loved just because you are. 

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 6:28 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

mrspinky wrote:

Just for you NJ and Pinky!!!!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Christmas Vacation ("and why is the carpet all wet, Todd? I dont know, Margo")

HAHA!!! NJ!! That is my FAVORITE line from that movie! I crack up everytime!!!! I need to dig that movie out this weekend!!!

"Come What May... I will Love You.... till my dying day...."

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

Thanks Nanette! You can shove those pics where the sun don't shine...lol jk! Eveyrone in my office knows I hate Rudoloh and they think its like sacrildge. So last night I get a text from a woman here. SHe said "you better turn on Rudolph". I was like NOOOOOO. I turned it on for a quick second and got freaked and shut it off. I think it's just one of those movies my parents turned on for us when we were little and I never liked it but I couldnt put my finger on why.

And Frosty?! Yuo might as well put ET on. The whole melting in the greenhouse thing puts me into a panic everytime.

New Jersey: We have dumps, bays and cement boots and we know how to use 'em

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine