What got you motivated?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,114

Sunshine80 Posts : 136 Registered: 8/8/08
Re: What got you motivated?
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

FMS and Kens- it sounds like you guys are having an off week too! I am glad we can come on here and find support from eachother when things aren't going so well as well as when they are. Kens, I really hope you feel better sweetie, and I will listen to my own advice now when I say this, don't worry about weigh in tomorrow. Pain killers work their own weirdness on the body, and you are obviously not feeling well and taking care of yourself is the main priority, so don't take the number to heart. Now that you have reminded me of this clear logic (we all need reminding!) I will take my own advice :)

FMS I hope it all gets figured out with your ring. I am so, so sorry. Of course you are emotional about it. Try to just tell yourself it will all work out, and your FMIL will help you if need be. Sometimes it takes someone being a little pushy to get the job done! Let us know how it turns out, we are rooting for you!

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Muffin- 6 pounds is great!!! If it makes you feel any better, my numbers are dropping, but for some reason my clothes still fit! They are a little loose, but not enough to have to go buy a pair of jeans! Can anyone explain that to me???? I would have thought that I would have needed a whole new wardrobe, but no. It is frustrating!!

Chico- Way to be supportive from the get go! I have been contemplating measuring too, but I always forget to buy the measuring tape when I go to the store. Maybe I should make a note.

Tanis- Your Thanksgiving extravaganza sounds amazing! Good job getting back in to the gym too! I am glad your back is feelign better.

Sunshine- That is awesome that you are at your smallest!! That is such a huge accomplishment. The number that the scale shows isn't as important as these huge milestones!! Congrats girl! Oh and your work outs! Good freaking work! That is amazing. Your like a machine! You and Ashley! Oh and that is so cool that you count all your calories. Are you on WW or do you just write down and calculate everything you eat? I always try to do that but then I get too lazy!

Ashley- Getting down to a 14 is phenominal! You are such an inspiration! And to sign up to run a 5K on New Years Day??? I would NEVER do that!! You freaking rock! I think I am going to Big Bear for New Years and I will be drinking too much and having a hell of a time!!! I should be signing up for a 5K instead though!! I can't bring myself to do it!

Kens- You poor thing! I hope you start feeling better soon! Are you going to go to the doctor to see what you did? Or did you already go? Tell us your story about your FH!!!! I want to hear it! And as for the ring... Yes you can chip diamonds. They are very strong, but they can chip. but that was my first thought was that it wasn't real.I wouldn't care, I would just be pist I was lied to. But I googled it and it came up with a big fat YES! My ring is pretty big and it is in a high setting so I am always banging in on things. If these guys continue to piss me off, FMIL said we should call the credit card company and say it was fraud because this is ridiculous. If that is the case, I will buy a new ring from a different company and will probably get one that is smaller in size and not set so high. Anyways... I hope you feel better! That treadmill needs your love!!

Sunshine- I know it will be ok. It will get resolved. I just don't have patience. I want things done yesterday. I just hope that I can figure this out on my own so I can either ship it out to get the diamond replaced or get FH his money back so I can get a new one. I just wish FH understood how important this is to me. He just thinks that since no one will notice but me, I shouldn't be so stressed out about it. Boys...

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

FMS, both of those men (the supplier and the jeweler) seem shady to me. That totally sucks for you. A diamond is fairly strong and hard to chip unless it already has a fracture somewhere in the diamond. In any event, I hope everything works out.

So every now and then I lurk on this thread because I find you ladies so inspirational. You are so supportive with one another and it's just nice to read such positivity. I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their successes. Keep up the good work ladies! You all will be looking fab-tabulous on your big day.

Photobucket

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!!

I am first to weigh in this morning, and I am SO excited to report....NO LOSS NO GAIN!!! YAY! Exactly the same as last week, and the week before actually :) Now before you think I am being sarcastic, let me just explain how seriously relieved/ecstatic/proud of myself I am that I didn't gain! Between an extended Thanksgiving vacation (we were away for 5 days with big family holiday meals and drinks every night, so I really had to exercise restraint!), my calorie overage on a few more recent nights, and PMS bloating/cravings, I was really really worried I had gained. Which wouldn't be the end of the world, but I have a trip out of town for work this weekend and several social engagements before then, so I really wanted to feel good about this, especially with the emotional stuff that comes along with the PMS! I was so happy when I saw that same lowest number on the scale again this morning! I guess my efforts to stay healthy over Thanksgiving and all those workouts really paid off. I really have to thank you guys, because without our Wednesday check in there is no WAY I would have weighed in today for fear of disappointment, and maybe that would cause a downward spiral where I wouldn't make as good of food choices or work out as much this week, and so it goes til before you know it you've abandoned weighing in and the numbers are creeping back up bigtime. That has happened to me before in the past. Anyway, this morning also made me really happy because I realized that I am actually happy at this weight, both number-wise and body-wise and mentally, so when I keep seeing that number pop up (I've been the same for 3 weigh-ins now) it still feels like a giant success, because mentally to me this weight signifies "healthy, slim, strong, confident, sexy" and it is the lowest weight I have been in years, so I am consistently thrilled about it. Sure, I'd like to lose another 10 pounds before dress shopping, but that I am going to take cues from my body on that one and if it isn't realistic, I am ok with that. In the meantime, I am going to focus on stepping up my efforts just a little bit so that I can continue to maintain over the holidays and try to lose a little more before January. Maintain is the name of the game for the holidays though!
FMS- Sweetie, I am so sorry about the ring. I totally understand why you would want your FH's support on this. I think you need to tell him that it isn't about whether or not he or anyone else understands why it bothers you, but that it DOES, and that is what is important. We all have the right to our feelings, and this is your engagement ring. It sounds like he is just really busy and feels he can't take this on, but tell him you at least need his emotional support on the frustration side of things. Also, as far as the ring people, my version of this was battling with health insurance a few years ago when I had melanoma...it was literally a nightmare and it really taught me about how being a hardass with people can really help you...you have to be your own advocate and raise hell if that is what it takes! Don't back down. Good luck girl! We are supporting you! And to answer your question about calories, I just write down what I eat and count the calories as I go along. I don't do weight watchers or anything. I know it sounds tedious, but I don't feel like it runs my life or anything; I don't worry about meals out at restaurants since we don't go out to eat much these days, I just try to make the best choices possible in those situations. It works well for me. Also the simple act of writing a food journal really helps you to be circumspect about what you are eating, because you know you are going to have to write down every nibble!
Hellokitty- thanks for the sweet shoutout to all of us and thanks for checking in, you are welcome anytime!!!
Kens, I hope you are feeling better....Muffin, how is your week going hon? Ashley and Tanis, you workout mavens and providers of enthusiasm and energy, hope you are having a great morning! And new girls, good luck with this first week and check in to let us know how you are doing!!
Off to work ladies...I will check in a little later! FH and I are going to see the lighting of the huge tree at Rockefeller Center tonight.....swoon! ;)

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

Good morning Ladies! Just a quick post to weigh in. I broke even. Whoch is good. I assume most people gain right after Thanksgiving, so I am just glad that I didn't!

On another note, last night when FH and I were laying in bed he said he was sorry about my ring. And that he promises he will take care of it but that he needs to get through the semester first. So that made me feel better. I still don't want to wait though! I want it done now! I am going to call the jeweler guy today(even though it is probably a waste of my time) and see what happens.

Thanks ladies! Have a great day!

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Is it wednesday already? Well I am the same- 171. I am not expecting to lose much, yet. I did workout today, chest and triceps. I got up to 10 mins on the bike, a little yay for myself. My upper body is already sore, I can barely lift my tuna on whole wheat crackers to my mouth. I hope everyone else's weigh ins are good!

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

I gained my two pounds back : (

Thanks for all the great advice, words of wisdom and encouragement! I hear you, loud and clear and I read your replies at least twice just to make sure it stays on my mind. I know I've been a complete slacker for the past week and maybe that's why I don't post as much as I would want to. I feel like I'll bring you all down with my lame excuses as to why I didn't go to the gym or why I haven't been eating very healthy. Sucks, big time. But, just writing this all out is getting me pumped up. I want to go work out, now. Weird! I want to tell you my story of how my clothes fit loose and how great I feel. Ok, mind is made up. I will do a work out video as soon as I finish this post.

Chico- Easy does it. Sounds like you're on your way. Being sore is a good feeling for me but I do hope you were able to finish your tuna on whole wheat crackers!

Sunshine- I nominate you for our "Most Motivated" You made it to where we all want to be! Thanks for staying and rooting us on. I bet it also helps you to post all your achievements so you can see how far you've come. Hope you had fun at the Rockefeller Center. I was in NY city in Feb. 2006 and I can't wait to go back. Me and my two girlfriends had a blast.

FMS- so sorry about your ring. You had me inspecting my bling after I read your post. Trust me, I know I would be just as mad as you are. I hope it gets resolved but it sounds like you're going to have to get tough with them. Sometimes, it's ok to grow a pair and demand that things get done. I've done it a few times, hehehe....

Hi HelloKitty! thanks for the post : )

Ok, I'm off to do that work out video. Hope to see more of you in the morning. Good night.

my routine My whole routine lasts an hour and a half. 15 minutes of cardio, 15 minutes of weights, and an hour of talking myself into it. Keywords: exercise, weight lifting, work out, woman female cartoon cartoonist

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hey Girls!

Checking in before bed....
Chico- definitely have patience and keep at it! Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the weight to start coming off, but your body is already beginning to benefit without a doubt. It's great that you are building up your endurance for cardio. Personally I love cardio and am not the biggest fan of weights, so that is what I have to force myself to do. I can do an hour of cardio gladly, but the weights I usually have to pump myself up for. Go for a balance of the two, and you will be all set. Sore is good as long as you don't push yourself TOO hard; it's the fruits of your labor :) I am sore tonight too, in my shoulders, from the weights workout I did earlier (yay me!!)
Muffin- sweetheart...I want to hug you. Mostly because you sound like you need a good energy hug for a boost, and also for your sweet comments about my motivation :) That really means a lot to me! As for you and getting back in the game, a little anecdote...years ago I was in a phase of trying to lose weight, I was doing it the healthy way and feeling great, not too psycho about it but trying hard, and then summer came and I had a week or two of getting a bit off track. I gained back a pound and half. I let that get me so discouraged that I stopped weighing in completely, and slowly but surely, my weight crept back up over time. I remember looking back a year or so later and just wishing I had said "oh well" and shaken it off and moved forward, because that little bit gained back is nothing! It could just be water weight. And even if it isn't, that's one week of good effort and it's gone again. And don't get down on yourself about being a slacker. Work out, yes, let us motivate you, yes, but DON'T refrain from coming on here to post because you don't feel like you've been "good" enough with food and working out. We are all here to work together and we all have peaks and valleys....did I mention my calorie extravaganza on Sunday?!?! But we have to just pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and move on. Good for you for using your last post to get you psyched up to work out! I hope it was great.
As for me ladies, I had a great day. FH and I didn't wind up going to the tree lighting ceremony because there were going to be 1,000,000,000,000 people there as always and I get aggro in huge crowds like that. So instead I met him after work as planned and we spent a few hours just wandering around Manhattan up and down 5th avenue admiring all the Christmas lights, and then went for a drink at this Irish pub we really like (My FH is from Ireland). It was lovely because we really stuck to "one drink" and just made it last a long time and had fun chatting and being silly. I ate really well today too; I have had a weird week foodwise because I ate a lot on Sunday, not so much on Monday, a lot on Tuesday, and much less today. I try to be more consistent than that, but sometimes the body wants what it wants and doesn't want what it doesn't want, so I try to respect my body's wishes and just make sure the calories roughly balance out. So far this week they seem to be so it's all good. Starting tomorrow, though, I am going to make an effort to be more consistent for the rest of the week. As for exercise, I did go to the gym to do weights (As I promised, Ashley!! Yay!! ;) but just a short work out. I did half an hour at the gym; part of that was upper body weights and part was floor mat work on my legs and butt. I guess even though it was short it was powerful because I was already sore by tonight!
Here is a question and I am betting Tanis might have an answer...I want to do some exercises that will whittle down/ tone up my hip area because I'd like to lose about an inch or two off of my hips. It is my biggest measurement even though I am pretty much an hourglass, and I just want a little less in the hips :) The thing is, I have an injured/torn hamstring injury from a while back that is still very compromised and I have to be very careful with it or it punishes me bigtime, and my chiropractor told me no lunges or squats. Which as I know are really the best for that. Does anybody have any suggestions using body weight but without supporting the ENTIRE body?
That is it for me ladies!!! OH and one more thing! Remember my pants story, how I realized last week I could fit into the two smallest pairs of pants I own (bought new last winter and never worn)? Well I wound up wearing one pair today, just to celebrate how great I feel and how far I have come. It felt like a big victory, and I wanted to share!
Have healthy and wonderful days tomorrow girls!

Cuddlybear Posts : 18 Registered: 11/30/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 12:22 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I am getting married July 2010. I want to lose 60 pounds before my wedding. I used to be soo motivated... going to the gym, eating healthier. See I was told by my doctor that I was borderline diabetic. That got me motivated. I had seen a nutritionist for a while. I lost about 30 pounds in 3 months and kept it off. It felt great and all the compliments I received was amazing. What set me back was I had nose surgery because of sinus issues. Now I weigh even more than I did before all the changes. I keep saying I need to get back into exercising but I just dont. My fiance and I used to talk late night walks and we used that time just to talk and be with each other. It was great but now its winter and cold. Its soo hard to get started again. I really notice however I have less energy, become short of breath easily, etc. I had thought about taking up water aerobics just havent done nothing about it yet. Its just sooo much easier to be lazy. My problem is I love to sleep or watch movies. Winter time is always hard for me... I tend to want to sleep all the time. I did experience how wonderful it was to be in shape and I want that feeling back sooo bad. My fiance and I have to team up together and get each other motivated.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

kensimzadi Posts : 216 Registered: 7/28/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 2:04 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Okay, I wasn't going to weigh in, but I thought what the heck, why not? So, I weighed in this morning at 169.6. I guess three days of being flat on your back has some benefits, huh? HA!

So after I weighed in, I got on my new fancy schmancy treadmill, and it proceeded to kick my ass!!!! What the f????? How in the hell do you ladies do it?!?! I got on, programmed the "weight loss" segments and away I went....for a whole 15 lousy minutes!!!! My hips are sore, my back is sore, my whole body hurts!!!! After 15 stinking minutes!!! ARGH!!!!!! FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!!!! What a poor, poor beginning.......talk about being discouraged. And I gotta do that again tomorrow? Kill me now......

FMS, I truly hope you didn't think I meant to imply that your ring is fake, I thought maybe you have another gem for your ring....so many ladies are going with beautiful sapphires, or emeralds, or other gemstones for their e-ring, and I thought maybe that's what you had done. I know I'd be pissed off if someone insinuated that my ring was fake....of course, I have to GET my ring first before someone can do that!! If I offended you, I sincerely apologize. I'm glad to hear, tho that your FH has acknowledged the issue. I know how important it is to you, and even if no action can be taken right away, at least he reassured you somewhat about it. I'm with Muffin, tho. Sometimes we just gotta grow a pair! I think my mom has an extra set if you need'em!! And no, I haven't gone to the doctor yet. My primary physician wanted me to get an MRI but my insurance denied that, so now I'm going to a spine specialist next tuesday. I'm hoping to get some answers soon. My shoulder/neck doesn't hurt all the time, just sometimes, but it's been ever since me and FH was in a car accident in June.

Anywhoo, I hope you ladies have a great day tomorrow! I'll check in tomorrow evening after I get off from work. Blech!!!

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: kensimzadi

Sun- thanks for the support from the east coast, hehe

FMS- I am so sorry about your ring situation!!! I truly hope it gets sorted out with little stress to make it happen! And I'm glad to hear that your FH took time to let you know he was supporting you- that's got to make it a little less stressful! And Big Bear for New Years sounds fun!!! All of our friends are going to Tahoe for that week, but I have a friend's bridal shower and bachelorette to go to so I'll be staying home... and running that 5k! And great job on the no loss/no gain... I think that's what we all hope for the week after a holiday =)

Kens- "slightly blitzed and heavily drugged kensimzadi tonight" HAHAHAH... I'm glad I'm not the only one that has done that! lol But, what's the deal with the proposal? You said you were frustrated about it (or rather, the lack thereof) so share!

Thanks for the support hellokitty! Whenever you need some positivity or motivation to do something, stop in!

Sun- Great job on maintaining your weight!!! And, you had melanoma??? My FFIL had a huge chunk of the skin on his back taken out fairly recently because of that. Are you all clear now? And way to hit those weights!!! As for your hip area... I'm not sure what exercises will help for that... But I will ask around!

Chico- just like the other girls, good job on the no loss/no gain! That's really hard to do around the holidays! Keep up the hard work!

Muffin- "I know I've been a complete slacker for the past week and maybe that's
why I don't post as much as I would want to. I feel like I'll bring you
all down with my lame excuses as to why I didn't go to the gym or why I
haven't been eating very healthy. Sucks, big time." The title of this thread is "What got you motivated" and it has turned into a thread about keeping each other motivated... so if you aren't feeling motivated on your own, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post often and talk to us about it!!! You aren't bringing anyone down and helping you back up is what we are here for! Like I said before, if you need help trying to figure out what is going to work for you just talk to us about it... I'm sure between all of us we can come up with something! Keep your head up and do what you can... And remember that the first bite of something unhealthy is the easiest one not to take- once you have that first one, it's hard to stop!

Cuddly- Welcome! Maybe make a deal with yourself: only watch movies after you've done 15-30 minutes of something cardio or do sit-ups, lunges, squats, etc. while you're watching the movie! That way you don't have to give it up, but you are adding exercise to your life as well. A little bit goes a long way in terms of adding activity to your life!

Kens- The way I see it, you kicked that treadmill's ass for 15 minutes!!! And you go girl! 15 minutes is way better than 0 minutes so take it and run with it! Now you have a starting point... try doing that 15 minutes for a week and then next week make it 20... slowly increase your time spent on that devil and you'll conquer it in no time! (coming from the one who is terrified of them... lol)

As for me... I skipped my workout class this morning... this past weekend I was really tired and felt like I was getting a cold (sore throat, that sick taste in my mouth, and a kind of foggy, dull headache) and went running a bunch to try and kick its ass before it kicked mine... I felt better and got through most of the week. Yesterday I was really tired again though and this morning that sick taste, sore throat, and foggy, dull headache are back... I'm sure my body is trying to fight it off, so I think I needed to rest. I'm gonna get my cold weather gear on tonight though and head out to the track after class!

I hope you ladies are all having a fabulous day- I'm thinking of you all!!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

Hey Girls!

Cuddlybear, welcome to our group! You'll pick up a lot of good info here. The first step is definitely, as Ashley said, to add working out into your daily life bit by bit. Starting with 15 minutes and then after a week going up to 20, then 25, then 30, and so on, is perfect and manageable. That will make a huge difference. Then there is also of course food choices and portion sizes. One easy rule of thumb: make half your plate (yes, a FULL half!) green vegetables and other vegetables, and the remaining half, divide between carbs and protein, 1/4 plate of each. You need all three, but people get the proportions confused. Most Americans actually eat way more protein than they need, and often in the form of meat, while eating way too few vegetables. If you follow this plate rule, it's a really good start. Also, cut out junk food and beverages (soda is the devil!!!), and switch from refined carbs and sugars to whole ones: switch out white rice for brown rice, white pasta for whole wheat or brown rice pasta (yes there is such thing and it is fabulous, check your health food store), white bread for whole grain bread, white sugar for small amounts of maple syrup, honey, and other natural sweeteners. Oatmeal for breakfast instead of sugary, empty-calorie cereal or pastry. Whole pieces of fruit instead of bottled juice (more filling, more fiber, less calories). Check in often, we will help you out!
Ashley!! Hi hun. Sorry you are feeling sicky. You know what really really helped me last time I was getting sick? Making my own miso soup. You can buy miso paste at the healthfood store; just heat up a cup of water and dissolve 1 tsp of the miso paste into it, and enjoy it hot. You can even throw some vegetables, seaweed, and tofu in while the water is boiling to make it a heartier meal-type soup. Don't mix in the miso while it is boiling, though....turn it down to simmer then add the miso. Hope that helps! And TAKE IT EASY on the working out!!! Pushing yourself too hard when your body is asking for rest and respite is one great way to get really sick really fast. You were right to skip your exercise class this morning, but also take it easy with the run outside tonight in the cold, ok? Only if you feel up to it and don't go too hard :)
Well ladies, my day so far has been great...I had a big but super healthy breakfast, got a bunch of errands done this morning running around the neighborhood, then I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio; intervals of speed and incline on the treadmill. I did weights and floor work only yesterday, so I skipped those today. Tomorrow I plan to do some of both. Over the weekend I will be out of town for work; I will be able to do yoga both days, but not work out, and it is very gentle yoga, so I will make sure to do a good workout before leaving town tomorrow! As for food, I just made the MOST DELICIOUS lunch!!! I have to share: a smoked salmon and arugula omelet! FH and I sometimes have omelets for lunch or even dinner (very European!) and this is a great example of one that would be appropriate for that. Here's how I made it: 2 eggs, beaten, set aside. 2 ounces smoked wild salmon (generally it comes in a 4 oz. package, so half of that) cut into slivers. 3 cups (roughly) of loose washed arugula. First sautee the arugula in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat, just until it has completely wilted. Leaving the arugula right where it is, spread it out in the pan, and pour the beaten egg mixture over it evenly. Place the slivers of smoked salmon randomly around the surface of the omelet. Sprinkle with black pepper. Continue to cook on medium heat until top of omelet has just become firm, flip in half and serve! It is TO DIE FOR! I don't eat cheese anymore and I always loved a cheese omelet when I was younger...amazingly though, this omelet has that same taste because the salmon is salty and chewy and gives the omelet that same taste and indulgent richness that cheese does but in a MUCH healthier way! The best part? Calories: 380! Just for a comparison, a sausage and cheese omelet at Bob Evans: 741 calories. And that's not even talking about the difference in fat and fiber. I hope someone decides to try it because it was good as hell! ;)
Tonight I am going out to meet up for dinner with a girlfriend who just broke up with her boyfriend. They had been together 4 years, and she's taking it reeeeaaaally badly. Poor thing. She's been crying for days. So that is going to be tough, but hopefully I can help her through it. I am taking her to my favorite healthy restaurant in the city, it's all macrobiotic and I love it. Hopefully the good, wholesome food will cheer her up too! Then I am meeting up at a bar with FH and a friend of his who is visiting from London, and some other friend of that guy's. There will be drinking involved but I have a busy day tomorrow so nothing too crazy. I won't be going out or drinking at all over the weekend though because I will be on that work trip, so I figure I deserve a night out tonight :)
I'll check in later ladies!!! Also, if you have a minute, I think you should watch this and realize how important it is to make the commitment to do this for yourself http://www.killeratlarge.com/med_trailer.mov , and please do what you can to pass that positive influence on to your friends and families...this obesity problem is really very scary. Food for thought, pardon the pun.

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: Sunshine80

Hey ladies! I am not going to post much because I am in such a bad mood right now. This whole rin thing is making me SOOOO mad! FH is too stressed out and busy with school to deal with this and that is making me even more mad! I have talked to both of these guys and they just keep pointing the finger at eachother. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Buerau (however you spell it!). Hopefully I have enough information against this man to win. If not FH has an attorney through work that will deal with this. It is just so frustrating! And I have to wait a week for FH to be done with school. UGGGHHHH! I want to punch a wall!

Kens- I was not mad/offended/upset or anything else! I didn't even think twice about what you said! So don't even worry girl! That was my first thought too!!!

I will post back to everyone sometime soon. I am just way to pist right now to really do anything. I am contemplating taking a shower and going to bed and its only 7:12. I guess if I go to bed I wont eat!

Talk to you ladies soon!

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 1:08 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Ashley, I think I like the way you think! So yeah! I kicked that treadmills ASS!!!! I'll get to the story in just a sec.

Sunshine, that omelet sounds awesome! I know my FH would absolutely love it! I may try it for him, but honestly I hate eggs so I wouldn't care too much for it. I'm so sorry your girlfriend is going thru such a hard time. I'm sure we've all been there, done that, but no words are going to help her right now. You just being there and listening to her will be what she needs. I hope your work weekend has a little fun to it as well! What is it that you do? And have fun with the FH and his friend from London!!!

FMS, I think it may be time to pull out the big guns and take action. How exactly was the ring bought? Was it from a jewelry store? You said you contacted the place you got it thru? What kind of place was that? And who was the person he got it from? I think going to the credit card company is a good thing to do, and the Better Business Bureau, also I think I would go to the police and file a report. If the ring ultimately came from a chain store, contact the home company. If it came from an internet store, contact that company, and the internet site you went thru. Any and all persons you can contact and take your grievance too, the better. I would contact a lawyer, the local news, (we have a great investigative division of our local news,) and anyone else you can think of. Hell, I might picket the store front and tell everyone entering your story!!! Anyway, I hope it works out hon, I really really do. I have no doubt but that you'll get it settled!

Okay, here's my story......last year FH and I broke up for a few months. When we got back together, we decided we had had enough of the stupid break up shit and wanted to get married. This after 12 years of being together. We announced to his family, (mine already knew,) right before Christmas that we were getting married. (There was no official proposal, it was just a conversation that went along the lines of, "I don't want to be without you anymore, please, let's get married.") So in January, we went ring shopping, found one, put it on a payment plan, I made him take it back because it was 18K and not worth it, (2 carat emerald cut, which is my favorite. The ring was internally flawless, but the color was crap. http://I reeeeallly know my diamonds.) We found another one, put it on a payment plan, and away we went. He bought the ring in August and had it sent to his parents house. Now keep in mind that we have very little time together, and knowing that he has the ring at his parents, every time we have a day off together, my hopes for an official proposal go up!!! Well, now, he has it at our house!!! He says that since I know WHAT I'm getting, he doesn't want me to know WHEN or HOW I'm getting it. Which is sweet, and I love him for it, but damn Smokey!!! He says that he wants to make it special for me....again, very sweet. I'm not the most patient of people. He says it's gonna be really soon now...but again, every day we have, I wonder, is this the day? And when it turns out that it's not, I'm sooooo disappointed!!! I try not to get my hopes up, but it's hard not to!!! I don't want to take anything away from his pleasure in this, but this is just sheer torture. He's always said that he wouldn't do it at Christmas or any other holiday, and he'd never do it in a restaurant. If he doesn't do it soon, I may have to cut him. So, in a nutshell, that's my story. Not a big deal, but it is to me. My "engagement" doesn't truly feel like an engagement. :(

Anyway, I'm off like a prom dress! Hope you ladies have a great day!

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 1:09 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

By the way, I have a doctor's appt. Tuesday for my neck/shoulder. I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine