Profile Names

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Profile Names
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: TiDaWinterBride

Ti - that has to be a hard one to type for logging in! :)

10/26/08 

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

my original screename was beauti381. I have an alter ego that's stuck on herself and knows she's fabulous (lol), so that's where beauti comes from. The 381 is my birth month and birth year

The current screename is quite obvious. I'm Mrs Williams and I got married this year!

Poster Formerly Known as beauti381

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Happily Married since June 21, 2008

Happy Together since June 20, 1994

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Mine is obvious too. I like Hello Kitty (as I have a sweet spot for all things cute) and well, Hello Kitty rules, 4 ever and ever!

Photobucket

Joce Posts : 290 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 12:39 AM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

so simple its boring-- my full name is Jocelyn, but since it gets butchered (somehow) by everyone that doesn't know me, I tend to go by Joce.

Smiling together since October 11, 2008

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 12:52 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

I have my Masters in Pharmacology/Toxicology -- and I'm female. LOL Hence pharmtoxgirl was born. And if you google PTG, in all likelihood it's me. (Which has made me more aware of what I post on public forums!)

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 6:08 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

What a fun thread!!

My name on here is an abbreviation of LuckManChris. It's something my husband used to sign his messages to me. He always said how lucky he was to have me - sooo sweet!!! Now, after we were married he hardly every uses it anymore - I guess mission completed! ;)
07 stands for 2007, because we got married 09/22/2007.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Edited by: lmc07 on Dec 3, 2008 12:09 PM

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Back on the TV show Friends, Pheobe used to have an alias called "Regina Fillangee". She would sometimes go by that name for fun. Karen on the show Will & Grace had one too; it was "Anastasia Beaverhausen."

A friend and I once joked about what our made-up names should be. I came up with "Alana Denuninani" (which in my head is pronounced Dee-noon-knee-nan-knee). I've been told several times that on the board think that it's my real name -- it's totally not. It just makes me giggle.

I've thought about changing it -- at least the "Ms" part because it makes me sound like an old frumpy teacher, and that's totally not the impression I want to give. Yet, I like "MsD" because it could also be short for "Ms. Detroit" and I got married in Detroit. Also, I'm stubborn and I hate changing identities -- I've had the exact same e-mail address for over 10 years.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

KPM Posts : 577 Registered: 1/20/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

After FH asked me to marry him we started looking at rings - deciding on a custom band with our initials - so I had to decide if I was going to change my name or not. When I had gotten divorced I took my grandmothers maiden name as my last name and kept my original maiden name as my middle name. That same grandmother had done that when she got married to my grandfather in the late 20's. Soooooooooo if I kept my maiden name as my middle name and plan to take FH's last name - KPM

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cheesecake in one hand, rum in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!

lori83 Posts : 1,852 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Not so exciting........... mine is my name and the year I was married.

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: lori83

MrsMaldonado because I married Mr. Maldonado! LOL.
My last name is pronounced "mal-dough-nah-dough"....I thought it was pretty straight forward, till I heard some people say it....
Anyways, I've had a few others before this one.....MrsMaldonado2B (before we got married), BryansFiancee, & probably about 10 others which I can't remember....MrsMaldonado2B & MrsMaldonado are the ones that have lasted the longest.

Emy
Just married!
September 27, 2008

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

I was married on a yacht named the Athena, and I liked adding the luv part in the front. When I first came on the boards I only posted in the thread which talkes about the yachts we were married on (Electra Cruise), so it made sense. I've branched a bit since then.

Maggie and Tom-8-31-08

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

I am also very forgetful. chicochik has been my emial since I was 12 I think. I don't even remember why I made it up, but I have stuck to it because its original and I never need numbers. Chico means boy in spanish I believe, and I found this out a couple years ago, so my screen name may actually mean, boy girl. Perhaps I am mysterious and both female and male? I am not, I am completly girl. So yes, my name is silly, but we have a history.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Cat Standish:

I love cats. I love the name Catriona. Cat is actually short for Catriona, but neither is my name. My name is Melissa. I do not answer to it. I answer to Misty.

So...where did Cat Standish come from?

A long time ago (in a galaxy far far away...sorry, couldn't resist), I belonged to the Magnificent Seven Fandom. And when it first aired, I'd always sign my emails "Buck's Cat" ... then one day it became "Buck and Ezra's Cat" then just "Ezra's Cat". The last name of the character of Ezra is Standish. Everyone called me Cat, and I just added the Standish.

I'm not in the M7 Fandom any more, but what I love about CatStandish is that no one else has the name. I can always use it, and if it is taken, it is taken BY ME...so that means I've already got an account and I need to figure out my password.

I've used this name for about 10 years. it's kinda my internet footprint, and if you see a Cat Standish somewhere else, that is likely me. I used to sign my fanfiction under that name, but I've since republished under one of my other names. I have many.

(I even considered legally changing my first name to Catriona when I got married, but that would really be a hassle.)

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

(I even considered legally changing my first name to Catriona when I got married, but that would really be a hassle.)

Misty

It totaly is. I wanted to change my first name Jennifer to Jenny cuz I never go by Jennifer and they wouldn't let me even when I was changing my middle and last name. psh!

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

SoonToBeMrsLish Posts : 50 Registered: 11/24/08
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 3:03 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Isnt it funny sometimes what things we come up with for things like our "names" and sometimes we dont ever remember why we actually picked that name. lol. Maybe Im just a nerd. hehe. I thought alot of the meanings behind that names really cute.

The love of my life... My other half... My best friend!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine