Profile Names

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 41

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Profile Names
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 2:59 PM

After the Board Awards I was thinking about everyone's profile names and why they have chosen them. I know some are very obvious but others are not and even the seemingly obvious ones might have more meaning to the actually person then we can tell just by looking.

So I'll start. My profile name is a combination of our wedding date May 15= 515 and the fact that FH and I both went to colleges where the tiger was the mascot and obviously that I am a bride to be. Therefore TigerBride 515. And I like that it rhymes if you say the numbers individually, haha I'm a nerd, I know!

preview image

Edited by: TigerBride515 on Dec 2, 2008 2:59 PM

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Profile Names
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Mine is pretty obvious. I was a in Bride in the year 2008, so Bride2008.

And there ya go....

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knubkles and I know how to use them.

SoonToBeMrsLish Posts : 50 Registered: 11/24/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:26 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Mine is pretty obvious as well. My name is Alisha but I go by Lish and Im a bride to be. So thats how I got my profile name... SoonToBeMrsLish.

The love of my life... My other half... My best friend!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Mine is a name i use for a lot of things since i'm very forgetful, so if you find another savex389 its probably me!
its also my email address and when i was setting it up all the names i wanted were taken and i was getting really mad. when i looked down at my computer desk there was a thing of savex chapstick, i thought what the hell and typed it in and savex389 is what the computer came up with.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

Alright, I know I've told this story before but every time I do I worry that everyone will know what a geek I am. hehe

EH and I met on a computer game where everyone plays a character and meets up in a big world/universe to kill things together. I was an elf and he was an Ogre. Nalamienea was the randomly generated name that I chose in the game (Everquest 2) because I thought it sounded pretty. I pronounce Nala-mee-en-a . And props to all those girls who get the spelling right! LOL Now I use it becuase it's so unusual that it's never taken. :)

10/26/08 

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

TigerBride515 wrote:After the Board Awards I was thinking about everyone's profile names and why they have chosen them. I know some are very obvious but others are not and even the seemingly obvious ones might have more meaning to the actually person then we can tell just by looking.

So I'll start. My profile name is a combination of our wedding date May 15= 515 and the fact that FH and I both went to colleges where the tiger was the mascot and obviously that I am a bride to be. Therefore TigerBride 515. And I like that it rhymes if you say the numbers individually, haha I'm a nerd, I know!

preview image

Edited by: TigerBride515 on Dec 2, 2008 2:59 PM
Mine is simple....My name is Linda and DH name is Ben....we are married hence MrsLinnben!

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

My story is rather random... the easy part is the Karebear part - my first name is Karen and it's always been a nickname of mine. (Probably also because of a childhood obsession with Carebears).

The initials TG come from an inside joke between several of my high school friends and I (who I've LONG since lost touch with). For whatever reason, we were really, really bored and decided to create an entire fantasy society and assign our other friends titles and character stores. (Yes, we were big dorks. I'm ok with that). Anyway, as one of the co-creators, I was the Empress. And as the Empress, I needed a title - hence, Karebear the Great. ... I ended up keeping it as a screenname more or less for various things because it's almost never taken. (And because without the explaination of TG = the great, it looks less crazy).

Plus, it makes me laugh every time I use it because we had so much fun creating all the goofy titles.

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Mine is simple. My first name is Lindsay. I've used Linz in email and screen names for years (including here, if you see a screen name linz anytime, it's me, but I can't access that account anymore). My last name starts with a Z, so LinzZ.

ticker

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

I became Kennysoldwife after someone called us all old hags because we were still on the boards and married. I think it had something to do with them being young and being told about it. Before that I was kennysnewwife because when we decided to renew our vows my husband started saying that I would be his new wife.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Hilly is my nickname, I was a Bride and the wedding date 9-20-08!!!

My original screename (back in 2006) was CCFPrincessBride, which stood for: Cupcake Fairy Princess Bride (CCFP- was DH's nickname for me in high school). Funny thing was we were talking about marriage, but not engaged and I wanted to be a wedding planner.

I'm thinking of altering my name again, as I am now married (yay)...something along the lines of hillylyn (Lyn is my middle name). I'll probably do that soon, actually!

~ Living the married life

Hillary & Sean September 20, 2008 Laughing

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:50 PM Go to message in response to: HillyBride92008

I heart weddings! :)

SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

TigerBride515 wrote:After the Board Awards I was thinking about everyone's profile names and why they have chosen them. I know some are very obvious but others are not and even the seemingly obvious ones might have more meaning to the actually person then we can tell just by looking.

So mine is pretty obvious (I love pink) but actually I was called Ms. Pinky before I got married from a co-worker and since I loved the "nickname" so much, after I got married I used Mrs.Pinky.

My real name is Jenny though. :p

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Well, mine is my name and my wedding date; I still don't know why I did that either. Normally I am known as Twistedvegaschik- NikkieValentine - or PinkkTinkk
I have NEVER used my real name Nanette' before . which by the way is properly pronounced Na-net-a' most people say it Nan-et....lol

Oh well, I should have just put hubbys last name... I be most of you would not be able to say it ...lol

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 6:23 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Mushaboo.....FH and I call each other Boo. I call him BooBear, actually. He always tells me that I'm sarcastic on the outside and a ball of mush on the inside so he started calling me Mushyboo. I said to him that sounded retarded and said I was the Mush of Boo, like a queen or something. That became mushaboo. Plus, there's a city in Canada with a similar name so I kept the nickname mushaboo.

Silly, but it fits.

ever thine          ever mine          ever ours

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

TiDaWinterBride Posts : 154 Registered: 10/10/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Well, I wanted to just use my first name, Tiffany, but of course it was taken. So, I came up with TiDaWinterBride. "Ti" for the first two letters of my first name, "Da" for the first two letters of my second name, and WinterBride, becasue, well, I'll be a winter bride. Not very creative, I know, but it works.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine