Brides.com BOARD AWARDS...RESULTS!!! (WINNERS-POST YOUR SPEECHES!!!)

Online Users: 1,336 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 182

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Re: Welcome to the 2008 First Annual Brides.com BOARD AWARDS...
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 11:29 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Mrspinky, I loved your dress so much because it was so unique! I've never seen anything else like it and it was gorgeous on you. :)

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I'm totally down for Vegas but Cat and I have to share a room. I'm pretty much convinced that we're basically the same person. We could finally find out once and for all if we're actually twins seperated at birth, LOL.

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 11:43 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Thanks for Turkey Girl link. Wow. I seriously hope she nixed that relationship, because there are some things not worth getting involved with -- and even if he was the sweetest guy in the world,....just wow.

And you're right Heidi....we would definitely have to room together.

And I think we need to go get tattoos (the needlephobes can watch <G>) too! I'm sure Vegas has some great tat artists.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

1. Best Screenname : I am going with Deeznuttiest or whatever it is becaue I too think of deez nuts! =)

2. Best Funny/Silly Profile Picture:

3. Best NonSilly Profile Picture: Destiny's is pretty cute, but hellokitty, mush, and iheart also have great ones

3a. Best signature: Somone had Taylor Swift lyrics and that got me completely obsesssed with her "Love Story" song.

4. Most Supportive / Nicest Poster: Hellokitty... She always helps me out!

5. Most Intimidating or "Tells it Like It Is" Poster: I am not intimidated by any of the posters, but AOTB will always tell you like it is!

6. Best Overall Trainwreck Thread: Prob the one NOTW was in

6a. Thread/Poster/Bit o Info that Shocked or surprisd you Most: Nala in the non-monogamous thread. She just looks so innocent!

7. Best Catfight/Board Argument: Hmmm NOTW saying we should succomb to our men or something ridiculous like that

7a. Best Debate or Discussion Thread: Best discussion? Hmm... I guess the Non monogomous thread.

8. Best Prank or Joke: I don't really know any of the pranks, so I guess I will have to wait till next year to put someone down!

9. Poster Youd Most Like to Hang Out With: Hellokitty, Ashleyann, Muffin, Tanis, Kensimzadi thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but I would love to meet everyone!

10. Best Overall Wedding Pictures: Iheartweddings- The pictures were so amazing!

10A. Most beautiful bride: Every bride is beautiful in her own way.

10b. Favorite Wedding Dress: FMCP3 I think cyad has the same dress. But that might be cheating because it looks a lot like mine!

11. Poster Whose Wedding Sounded So fun You wanted an Invite: I actually don't remember reading about anyone's wedding!!! I think usually because the posts are sooooo long and I just skip to the pictures! Sorry!

12. Lamest or Most Boring Thread/forum: Can't think of any at the moment... I probably avoid those.

12a. Best Time Killer Threads: Sex Thread and non-monogomous

12b. Best posters to kill time with: I don't usually kill time with anyone I think. I don't think so at least...

13. Poster Youre Dying to Know More About: AOTB I would really love a picture!

14. Best One Liners or Comments: Kelley or Misterkelley

15. Best Written Replies: Hellokitty

16. Juiciest Overall Thread: Sex Thread

17. Weirdest / Freakiest Poster:

18. Best "Im Leaving the Boards!!!" Exit: NOTW I remember the turkey girl, but didn't remember it being too interesting. I must have missed the good stuff.

19. Overall Funniest Poster: Tanis and Ashleyann usually always cracks me up

20. Most Helpful Poster: Hellokitty and AOTB

21. Most Helpful or Supportive Thread: What got you motivated? I have lost 18 pounds with those girls!

22. Poster You wish Would Post More: Everyone! I feel like we all talk so much I want to know more about everyone!

23. Most Dysfunctional/Strange Situations Poster:

24. Best "Did they REALLY just say that?" Poster:

25. Thread You LURK on but Dont Post on: Non-monogamous and the preggo thread

26. Most Sarcastic Poster: Kelley

27. Posters that you HAVE met: None... but maybe one day. There is enough of us in So cal!

28. Favorite Wedding Related Topic: Dress, rings, and any wedding pics!

29. Least Favorite Wedding Related Topic: Etiquette

30. Topic You Hate Seeing 9,000 Times on the Boards: Why isn't everyone bending over backwards for me? It is my day! But not necessarily in those words. That is just what it sounds like.

31. Stupidest, Most Pointless Wedding Related Topic people Alway Get In a Huff over: Etiquette people are always getting pissy over it!

32. Favorite NEW Poster (has only been on 4 months or less): Kensimzadi

33. Best Overall Thread/Your Favorite Thread Of All Time: What got you motivated?

34. Your Favorite Poster: Hhmmmm... thats a toughie! I have too many faves!

35. EXTRA CREDIT (and because Im trying to start trouble because I
enjoy starting trouble hehehe.... only answer if you dare... ) Least
Favorite/Most Annoying Poster: Ok so I will dare to answer this one. Nothing really against this person but I think it is thepelchers or something like that. When she first started coming on the boards she posted a ton of questions all at once. I don't know why but I thought it was really annoying. Annoying enough to stick in my head this long. I can't think of who else did that, maybe NOTW, but they annoyed me too. Don't know why... it just did.

• I too reserve the right to come back and change any of my responses as I see fit!***

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:27 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

20. Most Helpful Poster: mobride and dryden have been helpful to me on the may 09 thread

TigerBride~ Okay, so I think i am a nerd but it made me so happy to see that someone remembers who I am!!!

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Good morning, ladies! I just have to say it again that I think this is a great thread! I love seeing what people think.

Just married!
September 27, 2008

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

mobride - you're definitely not a nerd! I was excited that nanette thought I was fun to kill time with. lol!

preview image

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

TigerBride515 wrote:mobride - you're definitely not a nerd! I was excited that nanette thought I was fun to kill time with. lol!

You are fun! we chase eachother on the movie thread all the time -lol.

this whole website is my favorite. I really like getting on here and talking to women of all ages- shapes- sizes - nationalities - personalities.

BIG HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZ to all the Girls!

And as far as VEGAS! HECK YEA! come on down! Rather do a PJ party than going to a club any ole day! ---(well, maybe out dancing for a little) lol.

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

1. Best Screenname : Im going to go with Muffin and Mushaboo

2. Best Funny/Silly Profile Picture: Kelley and ArtBride

3. Best NonSilly Profile Picture:I love Destinys

3a. (thanks Artbride, I meant to put this on here but forgot...) Best signature:I like the one that says I hope you dont get hit by a bus... as that is something I say all the time when I am annoyed with someone

4. Most Supportive / Nicest Poster: Mrspinky and ThePalchers

5. Most Intimidating or "Tells it Like It Is" Poster: ooh there are a few people who are quick to jump

6. Best Overall Trainwreck Thread:All of the young brides ones

6a. Poster/ Thread /bit of Info that Shocked or Surprised You Most:The Nonmongomous couples thread

7. Best Catfight/Board Argument: Any of the young brides ones again...

7a. Best Debate/Discussion Thread:Non Monogomous couples and anything to do with religion

8. Best Prank or Joke:BeachBumSteph

9. Poster Youd Most Like to Hang Out With: alot of them

10. Best Overall Wedding Pictures: oh... I loved Nocturnis

10A. Most Beautiful Bride:Nocturnis and Hellokitty

10b. Favorite Wedding Gown:The monalisa royale

11. Poster Whose Wedding Sounded So fun You wanted an Invite:

12. Lamest or Most Boring Thread/forum: anything to do with childrens formal wear... and travel

12A. Best Time-Killer Threads:the sex thread the joke thread and this

12B. Favorite Posters to Kill time with/Talk about Nothing: Kelley, mrspinky, nanette and linda jo

13. Poster Youre Dying to Know More About: hmmm I dont know

14. Best One Liners or Comments: lol Anyone who just randomly chimes in for one response to a post and then doesn't say anything else... they usually are funny

14A. Poster Who Consistantly Starts the best Threads: kelley and linda Jo are on my top

15. Best Written Replies:

16. Juiciest Overall Thread: the sex threads

18. Best "Im Leaving the Boards!!!" Exit: notw

19. Overall Funniest Poster:mrkelley cracks me up all though cyandi had me rolling with her story in the sex thread

20. Most Helpful Poster: there are too many

21. Most Helpful or Supportive Thread:I dont really know

22. Poster You wish Would Post More: hmmm

23. Most Dysfunctional/Strange Situations Poster:

24. Best "Did they REALLY just say that?" Poster: charlotte09

25. Thread You LURK on but Dont Post on: I do that to all threads until I have something to say

26. Most Sarcastic Poster:

27. Posters that you HAVE met:none

28. Favorite Wedding Related Topic: dresses

29. Least Favorite Wedding Related Topic:ugh my freaking budget

30. Topic You Hate Seeing 9,000 Times on the Boards: the should I invite this person threads and

31. Stupidest, Most Pointless Wedding Related Topic people Alway Get In a Huff over: The young brides threads

32. Favorite NEW Poster (has only been on 4 months or less):

33. Best Overall Thread/Your Favorite Thread Of All Time: i love the sex thread and also the dress threads...

34. Your Favorite Poster: dont have a fave

35. EXTRA CREDIT (and because Im trying to start trouble because I enjoy starting trouble hehehe.... only answer if you dare... ) Least Favorite/Most Annoying Poster: dummbride who changed hers to jessicaisabride

Can't wait to be  a Mrs.

http://www.mywedding.com/shannonandbrandon<magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

I agree with Nanette...everyone on this site is wonderful! Love you, girls!

Just married!
September 27, 2008

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

Misty -

I'll try to pinkify it lol...then you can tell me if you like it better or the old one (from the wedding). And it was LinzZ who did it the 1st time.

And I think we need to go get tattoos (the needlephobes can watch <G>) too! I'm sure Vegas has some great tat artists.

I already have mine picked out! When do we leave?

Nala -

I hate that not too many of us have met one another! I think we should all fly to vegas and leave the DH and FH at home! hehehe Nannette can show us around! :) We'll get like 12 of us and rent 3 hotel rooms so it's SUPER cheap and we can stay up all night in our pajamas! LOL

It's like I want to be 13 again!

Let's totally do it! Plan for like 2010 or something. Man that'd rock!

Breann -

Mrs.Pinky - I like all of your profile pics. You guys are just too cute together and extremely photogenic (SP??). And yeah, I sooo loved the pink wedding dress. Wish I had thought of it!

Thanks! I'm going to try to pinkify the new profile pic. I've always loved the camera and have always wanted to model. It's not too late to wear a pink dress! I wear pink at everything! I even got a new pink dress for Thanksgiving for $10!

HeidiBride -

Mrspinky, I loved your dress so much because it was so unique! I've never seen anything else like it and it was gorgeous on you. :)

I love when people say how unique my dress was. That was my whole goal! Thank you so much!

Mrs. Pinky

Our Wedding Website 

MrsLewis Posts : 325 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

Awwww. Thanks so much YoungMrs S!!!! (I'm such a dork, that made my day!) (You were right....it was an Oleg Cassini)

Daisypath Ticker 

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Awwwwwwwwww!!! I haven't been on the
boards in a while... work and married life is crazy busy... but I came
on here and saw that so many of you think so highly of our wedding
pictures! :) I appreciate all the sweet comments! I'll try to be on the
boards more often, or as soon as my life slows down!

SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

Edited by: Iheartweddings on Dec 2, 2008 12:28 PM

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

**I have to say that last week, I was totally thinking about starting a thread like this!! But I never got around to it...so OMG when I signed in this morning!!**

1. Best Screenname : Mushaboo

2. Best Funny/Silly Profile Picture: Kelley's white trash man

3. Best NonSilly Profile Picture: Mushaboo

3a. (thanks Artbride, I meant to put this on here but forgot...) Best signature: "I hope you dont get hit by a city bus" Cyclist

4. Most Supportive / Nicest Poster: Bride2008, Kelley, Myra, cyclistlover Kennys usually says what I am thinking

5. Most Intimidating or "Tells it Like It Is" Poster: Gin although she doesnt intimidate me....

6. Best Overall Trainwreck Thread: Religulous, one where AOTB was saying if a bride is 5 mins late to her wedding that she must not be showing up.

6a. Poster/ Thread /bit of Info that Shocked or Surprised You Most: Not many of them honestly, most people are weird anyway

7. Best Catfight/Board Argument: 17 year old bride, religious, turkey bride

7a. Best Debate/Discussion Thread: Religulous, anything about Politics with MsD

8. Best Prank or Joke: I havent really seen any good ones.

9. Poster Youd Most Like to Hang Out With: SO many! And they all wanna hang out w/ me too! he he. Bride2008, Kelley, Artbride, MsD, cyclistlover, Heidibride to name a few.

10. Best Overall Wedding Pictures: Everyone's are nice.

10A. Most Beautiful Bride: I think every bride is beautiful as gay as that sounds.

10b. Favorite Wedding Gown:

11. Poster Whose Wedding Sounded So fun You wanted an Invite: Bride2008

12. Lamest or Most Boring Thread/forum: Flowers, beauty, those types

12A. Best Time-Killer Threads: Things we hate, confessions, wedding pet peeves (where did that one go anyway?)

B. Favorite Posters to Kill time with/Talk about Nothing: Bride2008, all day everyday, Kelley, Art, msD, cyclistlover

13. Poster Youre Dying to Know More About: MsD, Artbride, AOTB

14. Best One Liners or Comments: Doublegreen ALWAYS comes out with the most random stuff..OBX too

14A. Poster Who Consistantly Starts the best Threads: Kelley, me (haha jk, no not really)

15. Best Written Replies: MsD, Artbride

16. Juiciest Overall Thread: Sex Thread--although I never go in it, sometims its entertaining

18. Best "Im Leaving the Boards!!!" Exit: Notofthisworld, and turkey bride.

19. Overall Funniest Poster: Kelley, Double Green, OBX, Gin

20. Most Helpful Poster: Bride2008, MsD, Artbride, Cyclistlover

21. Most Helpful or Supportive Thread:

22. Poster You wish Would Post More: Doublegreen

23. Most Dysfunctional/Strange Situations Poster: Marty08, by far

24. Best "Did they REALLY just say that?" Poster:

25. Thread You LURK on but Dont Post on: Sex thread

26. Most Sarcastic Poster: MrKelley, Artbride

27. Posters that you HAVE met: Hopefully Kelley, Bride2008 in january

28. Favorite Wedding Related Topic: Wedding party

29. Least Favorite Wedding Related Topic: centerpeices and decor

30. Topic You Hate Seeing 9,000 Times on the Boards: Can I have an uneven wedding party? and Do i HAVE to have a flower girl?

31. Stupidest, Most Pointless Wedding Related Topic people Alway Get In a Huff over: Kids at the wedding.

32. Favorite NEW Poster (has only been on 4 months or less): None, I like my oldies but goodies.

33. Best Overall Thread/Your Favorite Thread Of All Time: Things we Hate and Commericials we hate

34. Your Favorite Poster: Kelley, Bride2008, Artbride, msD, Myra
35. EXTRA CREDIT (and because Im trying to start trouble because I enjoy starting trouble hehehe.... only answer if you dare... ) Least Favorite/Most Annoying Poster: I would say but I think most people like her....actually there are 2.

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I have to admit I have not been on here much since they made all these new changes. But, Kelley sent me an email asking me to check out this thread...so here I am. And I have to say after reading all these answers I am thinking I will have to check out this nonmonomogous thread next...

1. Best Screenname : DeezNuttiest....Call me immature, but I giggle everytime I see it.

2. Best Funny/Silly Profile Picture: It was a profile pic for a bit of Kelleys...BBS's Eddie...

3. Best NonSilly Profile Picture: Mushaboo and MrsD's Martini

3a. (thanks Artbride, I meant to put this on here but forgot...) Best signature: Sine I can't say my own then Cyclists

4. Most Supportive / Nicest Poster: Kel, Lilysolovley, Newsie, Lindo Jo....

5. Most Intimidating or "Tells it Like It Is" Poster: Again since I can't say me (on the tells it like it is) I will say AOTB and Kelley will too from time to time

6. Best Overall Trainwreck Thread: Drop the Cheeseburger Fatso

6a. Poster/ Thread /bit of Info that Shocked or Surprised You Most: The one with the girl who wouldn't go to the gyno cause her "girl parts" were for her man only

7. Best Catfight/Board Argument: Drop the Cheeseburger, Reaaaaallllly Young brides

7a. Best Debate/Discussion Thread: Religious thread and Current events

8. Best Prank or Joke: BBS always and forever

9. Poster Youd Most Like to Hang Out With: Kelley and Lilysolovley (and was supposed to this weekend at lily's wedding, but couldn't afford to go and travel...DH was laid off) MrsD, AOTB, Myra, MrsPinky, Newsie, Linda Jo, Nannette, MrsM and so many others I am leaving out due to not being on here in so long...

10. Best Overall Wedding Pictures: I dunno

10A. Most Beautiful Bride: I think we are all beautiful

10b. Favorite Wedding Gown: Looooong time ago, but if I can't say my own, Paxbugs was amazing

11. Poster Whose Wedding Sounded So fun You wanted an Invite: So many....Carribean, just to travel there...it looks georgous...Kelleys' her's sounded like a blast

12. Lamest or Most Boring Thread/forum: Picking wedding colors.....puts me right to sleep

12A. Best Time-Killer Threads: Things you hate, Current events

12B. Favorite Posters to Kill time with/Talk about Nothing: Kel, MrsD, Pinky, Nannette, Linda Jo

13. Poster Youre Dying to Know More About: AOTB

14. Best One Liners or Comments: When we were told to "sit on a dick" was pretty funny

14A. Poster Who Consistantly Starts the best Threads: Um, it should be obvious, Kelley

15. Best Written Replies: MrsD and AOTB and Myra

16. Juiciest Overall Thread: Sex thread

17. Weirdest / Freakiest Poster: Dummbride...but I think she switched her name, and the chick who started the Reeeeeaaaalllllllyyyy Young brides thread

18. Best "Im Leaving the Boards!!!" Exit: Was it Cyndibin who was yelling at us all about the stippers at bachelor parties??

19. Overall Funniest Poster: Kel

20. Most Helpful Poster: Myra, Newsie, AOTB, Kel, Linda Jo

21. Most Helpful or Supportive Thread: The one Linda Jo Started

22. Poster You wish Would Post More: Lilysolovley

23. Most Dysfunctional/Strange Situations Poster: Marty08

24. Best "Did they REALLY just say that?" Poster: Mr. Kelley

25. Thread You LURK on but Dont Post on: I lurk alot more than I post on alot of threads

26. Most Sarcastic Poster: MrKelley

27. Posters that you HAVE met: Nada

28. Favorite Wedding Related Topic: Depends

29. Least Favorite Wedding Related Topic: Clothing

30. Topic You Hate Seeing 9,000 Times on the Boards: Bridemaids not doing every last things the bride expects so how should she kick her out of her wedding

31. Stupidest, Most Pointless Wedding Related Topic people Alway Get In a Huff over: Kids at the wedding

32. Favorite NEW Poster (has only been on 4 months or less): I dunno

33. Best Overall Thread/Your Favorite Thread Of All Time: I have too many over the years

34. Your Favorite Poster: Kel, you start so many great thread and have been a kick ass friend through out the years....

35. EXTRA CREDIT (and because Im trying to start trouble because I enjoy starting trouble hehehe.... only answer if you dare... ) Least Favorite/Most Annoying Poster: Dummbride.

Bless your own day, leave mine alone!Innocent

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine