The purpose of lingerie

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
The purpose of lingerie
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 4:28 PM

I've been thinking and I am trying to figure out rather I want to wear lingerie on my wedding night or just not buy any lingerie at all. Is there really a reason or purpose that every bride has to have lingerie for even though everyone knows that it won't be staying on for long.I have asked my FH aout it and he says it doesn't matter.

Happily together since May 11,2008

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

Edited by: futuremrsg2011 on Nov 30, 2008 4:46 PM

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Re: The purpose of lingerie
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

The whole lingerie deal is more for your groom's "benefit." My FH doesn't give a crap about lingerie...he's really not into it all, which is slightly disappointing to me because I just think it is a traditional part of your wedding night. But how does he feel about it? If he wants it, I'd do it.

wedding widget

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

No one can really answer this except for you. It's all up to you, you don't sound as if you want to buy any. We didn't even have sex the night of, we knew we would be too tired so we had it the morning of. I did however buy lingerie for my honeymoon and yes your right, it usually comes off. It also depends on what you wear. I bought a corset, so that stayed on. I think lingerie makes you feel sexy, and who wouldn't want to feel sexy for their man?!

Just Married and loving it!

Pregnancy-DueDate.com - DueDate Calculators & Tickers

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Haha, I giggled when I saw the title of this thread!

Personally, I wouldn't bother with wedding-night lingerie. One of two scenarios will take place on your wedding night:
A) You'll both be too tired, so you'll just go to sleep
B) You'll need help getting out of your gown, he'll help you, one thing will lead to another, and you won't even have a chance to put the lingerie on! ;)

I don't know...I wonder about brides who stress over wedding night lingerie. I guess it just seems like an awkward scenario to me. You get back to the room, he helps you out of your dress...and then you go into the bathroom and put on your lingerie? Which is just going to come off in 2 seconds? Huh? I just wonder about the logistics of it!

Or do you rush to the room ahead of him, somehow get out of your own dress (or bring a friend to help), and put on your lingerie before he gets there? I just don't get it.

For me, lingerie is sexy because I feel sexy wearing it...and I feel sexy when he takes it off. On our wedding night, my gown served the same purpose. I was FREAKING GORGEOUS (haha) in my wedding gown and it was sexy when he helped me get out of it. And after I was half-naked, there was no way I was getting a chance to put ANYTHING else on...! So while I like lingerie on other occasions, I didn't think it was necessary the night of our wedding.

Oh, and on the subject of wedding night sex...we didn't intend to. We figured we'd be to tired or drunk...but it happened anyway! Even without lingerie...

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Lucky you! It really doesn't matter to me that we didn't cause we were drunk BUT we went to a bar after our reception and his parents drove us home then proceeded to come inside and talk to us at like 2 am. I was like "what the hell!"! Did they not understand it was our wedding night? They stayed for a good 30 mins too and kept talking like it was any ordinary day. Guess they weren't thinking.....

WinterWonderlan... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

SoonToBe, I would have been so angry at them! lol

My wedding will be taking place in a hotel, where we will be staying at that night. FH is having friends "romanticize" (yea I just made that word up lol) the room for us sometime during the reception. There will be no alcohol at my reception, because my family doesn't drink, and I don't want to drink in front of them, so maybe that will help us not be so tired and ready to just pass out. My bridal party will probably get ready in that room the day of the wedding, so I plan to have a "care bag" left in the bathroom w/ my lingerie, toothbrush, a little make up, perfume, etc. When we get to the room after the reception I'll let my FH get out of his tux in the room while I'm changing out of my wedding dress in the bathroom, taking my hair down, etc. It will be difficult to get out of the dress on my own, but I should be able to. I have a lot of experience with changing out of evening gowns quickly, evening if I'm sewn into them lol.

EDIT: That sounded entirely too sexual so let me explain that a little! I didn't mean I'm experienced in getting out of gowns in that sense. My experience is from many years of pageants, not sex! Haha. But I do have a question, kind of a random one. For the ones of you who are wearing lingerie, are you going to do traditional bridal white or another color, and are you going to wear heels with it or go shoeless? My FH is the kind of guy that would probably rather go to bed because he'll be tired, but I'm doing everything I can to prevent that!

wedding widget

Edited by: WinterWonderlandBride on Dec 1, 2008 4:18 PM

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I wouldn't bother! I bought it, took it, and never even put it on! So then I lugged it to the honeymoon, where I wore it a whopping 10 minutes at the most. Kinda wish I hadn't spent the $40!

MoreThanExpected Posts : 158 Registered: 2/13/07
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: WinterWonderlan...

I think it depends on what time your wedding is too, we are having an early wedding and afternoon reception that ends at 4:30, so our plan is to change into our regular clothes when the reception is over and before we depart. So I'm defiantly planning on doing lingerie because FH is a very visual person and I know he likes it and I just feel sexier in it. If we were going straight to a room I probably wouldn't bother with it for the wedding night, but since there will be about a 4 hour gap between getting out of the dress and checking into a room I think it'll make it special.

WinterWonderlandBride - I like the idea of the "bridal white" look, I do other colors different times of the year . As for heels or not, I guess it depends on what I find and how it looks with and without

“Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future, but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tradgedies of life a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.”

-Dean Koontz,from the corner of his eye

MrsXSecretX Posts : 15 Registered: 12/6/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

some people think its sex but i don't i go out in it!
i even try to model it out in it sometimes because my mom was a model but she was horrible at it i know i am ten times better then any model only because my best friend said so but still i do hope and believe i will be better every day i do not see the point in sex if your not going to have at least 4 kids or maybe 6.

Hes Mine!! RAWR

Imagine me and u
I do
I think about u day and night
Its only right
To think about the 1 u luv
And hold him tight
So happy together

If i should call u up
Invest a dime
And u say u belong 2 me
And ease my mind
Imagine how the world would be
So very fine
So happy together

I can't see me loving nobody but u-
(so happy together, yeah, so happy together)
When your with me, baby, the skies will be blue
(so happy together, my luv for u gonna be forever)

I think of me and u
And u and me
No matter how they toss a dice
It had 2 be
The only 1 for me is u And u for me So happy together

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

HUH?

If anyone is wondering, I'm referring to MrsXSecretX's post. HUH? I think I've found my new favorite crazy person. Of course, I can't seem to make sense out of her post, but I like that she wears lingerie in public and seems to think there's no point in sex unless you want to have 4-6 kids. That seems like a nice, solid foundation for craziness, so I'm going to keep an eye on her for some fun little trainwrecks.

Back to the land of 'things that make sense,' to whoever is planning to change out of her dress in the bathroom, I'd consider switching places. Make him change in the bathroom (be nice and give him a book so he has something to do in there until you're ready!) If your dress is at all poofy, it will be tough to change in an enclosed place like a hotel room bathroom. Even if it's not, I'd be wary about a white dress in a bathroom. I was afraid of staining my dress, so I wouldn't have wanted it to be in the same room as anything potentially dirty (the toilet, my makeup bag, other things that you may potentially have in the bathroom...) Just a suggestion!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Art- I think MrsXsecretX is a troll... I have read her posts and every single one of them is completely stupid and seems like she is just trying to spark something. Maybe she is jealous that her real name on here didn't make any of the categories on the awards thread...

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

MrsXSecretX Posts : 15 Registered: 12/6/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

if you don't care on my religion and think i'm 'crazy' well maybe I am half mormon have you ever thought of that.
no, just go on and think i'm a troll.

Hes Mine!! RAWR

Imagine me and u
I do
I think about u day and night
Its only right
To think about the 1 u luv
And hold him tight
So happy together

If i should call u up
Invest a dime
And u say u belong 2 me
And ease my mind
Imagine how the world would be
So very fine
So happy together

I can't see me loving nobody but u-
(so happy together, yeah, so happy together)
When your with me, baby, the skies will be blue
(so happy together, my luv for u gonna be forever)

I think of me and u
And u and me
No matter how they toss a dice
It had 2 be
The only 1 for me is u And u for me So happy together

Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

lol oh dear......

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: MrsXSecretX

Half mormon, huh? What's the other half? Ape-shit crazy?!?!

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Why is it worth it to have sex only if you're only going to have 4 or 6 kids?? Last time I checked, you will need it to make only one kid, too....

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine