Hotel for OOT Question..

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Hotel for OOT Question..
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 4:21 PM

We aren't having very many OOT guests. And some of the people that are coming from OOT are likely staying with family or friends. Plus, I'm not exactly sure where OOTers would want to stay since the wedding is in one part of town which doesn't have nice hotels, just motels, and not any very close to the ceremony site.... then in another part of town about 15 min away are the nicer hotels which are closer to touristy things. His family that is coming from OOT is pretty affluent, too, so I would imagine they might like a nicer place to stay.. but I'm not sure HOW nice.
So it seems to me like it would be more trouble than it's worth for me to block out any hotel rooms or such, especially because everyone who is coming has been here before so they're at least somewhat familiar...
What I was thinking of doing was letting them know that if they needed help with finding/choosing a place I'd be happy to help. FH and I are going up to San Fran on Wednesday to go visit them (grandparents, aunts, uncles) would it be an ettiquette no-no to say that? Should I include accomodations info on our website for them as a courtesy or is what I thought of ok? Don't want to make them think poorly of me....

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Re: Hotel for OOT Question..
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: TickledPeenk

dear TP,

If the OOT guests are well able to find hotels on their own, then there's no particular reason to block out rooms at any one place. What you propose in your message sounds fine to me.

Offer the help, and follow through if so asked. You're doing fine.

TickledPeenk Posts : 175 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Offer the help, and follow through if so asked. You're doing fine.

Thanks, AOTB, that means a lot.

10042008Bride Posts : 82 Registered: 9/11/07
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: TickledPeenk

I was in the same sort of situation. I didn't block out any rooms and it worked out fine. I did help a couple of my husbands family members get a room b/c they weren't familiar but everything else worked out fine.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine