So, if it makes you cry it's THE ONE...right?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
So, if it makes you cry it's THE ONE...right?
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 11:36 PM

I always hear people say, you'll just know. They say that about everything. How do you know when you are in love? You just know. How did you know s/he was "the one"? I just knew. How did you know when you had found the perfect dress? I just knew, it made me cry. Well, I have a question, ladies...has a pair of shoes ever made any of you cry? I saw these shoes online and thought "wow"! But then, I saw them at Nordstrom and I just had to try them on. I knew I couldn't afford them, unless I found a $100 dress. But when I put the shoes on my feet I WAS Cinderella...and they made me cry! I tried them on in red, but then my mom found them in black. Oh God!! What's a girl to do?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2989055/0~2376778~2372808~2376689~2377052?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2377052&P=1
wedding widget

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Re: So, if it makes you cry it's THE ONE...right?
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

I am a shoe person. I have a shoe closet. A beautiful shoe closet. I have put on shoes and KNEW I had to have them. Sometimes, you just have to have them. Some people are going to say that is too much for a shoe, but I say, get them if you can afford them. I saw these shoes, had to have them.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod64820067&parentId=cat13030764&masterId=cat13030734&index=0&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat13030734cat13030764

Nat (21) FH (22)

August 7, 2010!

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 12:03 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

YES!!!!! I saw that Manolo and thought OMG!!!! What a shoe! I certainly considered that one as well, but it was even more expensive than the other. I am a shoe fanatic. I saw some J Crew shoes that were really awesome! So, I'' continue to be open minded, but this may have to be my must-have item.
wedding widget

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

I loved them! It matches my wedding colours so I will be wearing it for my wedding unless I find another pair. Those are the ones from SATC as well! I had to have them. I always said, "I'd rather go naked and hungry than be shoe-less." And its SO true!

Nat (21) FH (22)

August 7, 2010!

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

My wedding colors are ivory, black, and white...so most any color show will work. But I figured a long time ago REGARDLESS of my wedding colors once I found a shoe I loved I'd wear it!!
wedding widget

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

I can totally relate. I was looking for designer/funky shoes to wear with my dress, and ended up finding awesome Kate Spade shoes with crystal dragon flies (matches our China Pattern!) on them deeply discounted on bluefly.com. They were way more then I had budgeted, so I made up for the expense by borrowing a veil. I'm a big shoe fan too, and it was important to me to have cool shoes. Good luck!

CocaMarie1378 Posts : 76 Registered: 11/4/06
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

I can relate with you as well. I had saw the perfect red shoes for my wedding and yes I did cry. My MOH was like no you don't need those shoes especially when she heard I wanted to wear them with my wedding dress. So at the time I didn't buy the shoes. But I went back and bought them. What is about to really make you cry is that I have been having problems with my left foot and can only wear flats at this time. Yes I went to the doctor and he said no heels. I explained that i am getting married in 2 months and he said, "no heels". I have been having nightmares about it and truly don't know what to do. So any suggestions on where I can find cute flat shoes.
Wishing you PEACE, LOVE and HAPPINESS

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: CocaMarie1378

wow, i'm so not a shoe person and couldn't imagine a pair of shoes bringing me to tears! hehe Don't get me wrong, those shoes you guys posted are super pretty and I would LOVE to wear them, but truth be told I didn't even cry over my dress, which is odd because I'm a crier! Maybe it wasn't the right time of month though. hehe

I think that if you have to sacrifice a ton in the budget, like you said buying a 100 dollar dress they aren't worth it. It's the dress you'll see in 99 percent of the photos. lol :)

10/26/08 

Posted: Dec 10, 2008 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Nala, I am hoping that they go on super duper sale!!!
wedding widget

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

This thread made me laugh... Lol i didnt cry when I got my dress... i didnt even cry when I got engaged... Although now when I think about the day In walk down the aisle tears defeinitely show up in my eyes... and the thought of shoes making me cry well humph i hope I find somet that do that...

Can't wait to be  a Mrs.

http://www.mywedding.com/shannonandbrandon<magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

JJsWifey08 Posts : 272 Registered: 12/5/08
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: BoysMissLady

I had to laugh at this thread. I think it wasnt the shoes that made me cry but the prices of the shoes!! lol I was like I cannot see me wearing a pair of shoes that can pay my bills and rent. But if you have it go for it but I rather spend that much on a dress then make up for it in a veil or shoes
Photobucket www.weddingcountdown.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine