I'm Married... story!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
I'm Married... story!
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 5:07 PM

Hey everyone I'm back and married!!!

So here's my story, my last day of work was Tuesday. I got home at about 3:30 to finish up a few projects and when I was done I realized my throat was feeling a little funny I didn't think much of it since I don't get sick very often and no one I know has been sick. Well I went to bed and woke up at about 1 with the worst sore throat I have ever had.

Wednesday- We just did a lot of running around and picking up last minute things.

Thursday- DH and I woke up and packed the car so we could go down to my moms (we stayed at her house one night since she live about 20 min away form the wedding and we live 2 hours away). The plan was that 3 of my BM were going to meet us there to help put together favors (caramel apples) and tie bows on the bubbles. Well only one BM showed up, I was a bit disappointed by that but whatever. After that I when to get my eye brows done and we pick up the tuxes. When we got back to my moms my dad was there that was just weird I haven't seen him in 5 yrs and our last meeting hadn't ended well.

Friday- in the morning I when with my mom to get a pedicure, that was the most relaxation I has in the last month. Then it was time to pack the cars up again and head over to the rehearsal. When me and DH where driving there I called all the BMs to make sure they where on their way, all but one was. The one that wasn't lives the farthest and she just keep insuring me that she would be there on time. We got to the chapel at 12:20 and just hung out chatted with some family and friend that showed up unexpectedly (they were staying at a near by hotel for the wedding). Well everyone was on time except for the one BM that I know was going to be late (she's also the mother of my FG so they bother weren't there) she showed up 1hr late and didn't ever stay for the lunch. The rehearsal went smoothly, I was nerves that I might forget something, so we when throw everything 3 times. At lunch I started to feel the effects of being sick, but after I ate I feel way better. After lunch my mom, DH, and I went to see twilight, I was so disappointed in that movie. Well after the movie we checked in to our hotel and I crawled in to bed. I was so sick my mom waned to bring me to the ER, I thought my head was going to explode!!! It hurt so badly (problem #1)!!! My mom ended up going a getting me some over the counter stuff and a big box of tissues and in the morning I feet much better.

Saturday- I work up at 7 and took a nice long hot shower (that really help me feel better). Then got dress and when to the hotel café with my mom for breakfast. At 9:30 me, my mom and one BM when over to the reception to set up (problem #2), we get in the room and the room had Christmas decorations everywhere!!! I started to freak out since my theme is FALL!!! And when I say Christmas I don't just mean a tree and some lights. No I'm talking reindeers, elves, giant gifts and slays. The room was covered in Christmas (for those that don't know my wedding was at Knott's Berry Farm and my reception was in a hall inside the park). I ended up missing my nail appointment waiting for a manager to show up so we could discus the Christmas issue. Finally after waiting 2 hrs I decided I couldn't wait any longer and I left my number with some to have them call me. When we got all the way back to the car and someone in a golf cart told us that a manager showed up and we needed to go back to the reception hall. We get there and we got in a huge argument about the decorations... but I won!!! And 90% on the stuff came down.

Since I missed my nail appointment I end up going to the nastiest nail place I have ever seen. Thankfully the lady did an ok job (I really hope I don't get a nail fungus from there). We get back at the hotel about 11:30 and my BM started on my hair wail I did my makeup. All the BM and GM showed up on time for them most part, the photographers showed up a few minutes later and my florist was a few minutes behind them (I LOVED my flower they where perfect!!!).

We are to the church a few minutes before 4.

Back story- my mom really want me to wear a veil but from day one I told her that I wouldn't be caught dead with one. So I surprised her and wearing one.

Right after the moms worked in and lit the uniting candles I had a friend run my veil to me so we could stick it in my hair. My mom was crying like a baby when she saw me with the veil (it almost made me cry). the ceremony went smoothly except for the fact that my nose keep running and I had to pull out the tissue that I had stuck in the cup up my dress... that was kinda funny.

After the ceremony DH and me took pics throw out the park that was a lot of fun. I could hear people in the park saying things like "is this a really wedding" "no I think there doing a park ad" "she looks like a model it must be an ad".

At 6 it was time for us to make out grand enters (problem #3), our DJ comes out and asked me for the CD for our first dance. I was like what you don't have it!!! Apparently he called DH and told him that he was having problems down loading it and told DH to bring the CD. Well DH didn't bother doing that, but it wouldn't have mater any ways since we didn't have a copy of the CD with us we lift it at home. Thank fully we had his laptop at the hotel and the song was save on it. So my aunt went to get it for us, apparent when she got there our hotel our room door was open and ever light was on. This is odd since I was the last one out. But anyways my aunt saveed the day and we did our first dance after we ate instead of when we walked in.

The rest of the night went pretty smoothly, I got to talk to a lot of family and friends that I don't get to see that often, that was by for my favorite part. Our first dance went good I had to steal my FG's hair tie to shorten my bustle or I would have tripped over it dancing. I ended up going to father daughter dance (I didn't want to do it) and everyone was crying, not a dry eye in the house!!!

At the end of the night we had to wait an hour to get a cart to take my stuff out of the park that really suck I just wanted to go to bed. The cart gets there, we load it up and we get to the gate but it was lock the only out was one of those big metal turn style revolving gates that only go one way... out!!!. So we had to put one gift on the grown and turn the gate and then some on the other side had to pick it up. It was a long night.

All in all ever thing went well and I'm happy it's over, I did realize that that me photographer forgot to take a few pics. Like the pic with our hands/rings on top of my bouquet... I'm a little sad about that but on will I'm sure my photograph will take pics of our ring if I can get down to her studio.

Knowland0015.jpg picture by xoxoprettyinpink18

My bio- http://prettyinpink120.googlepages.com/home

for sale bio- http://prettyinpink120.googlepages.com/salebio

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Re: I'm Married... story!
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 5:18 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Congratulations! It sounds like a lovely wedding! I'm glad you were able to get them to take down the Christmas decorations- that would have just sucked!

I have that same cold-it's going around in so cal. Glad your wedding wasn't earlier this month- and the smokey skies have cleared!

Post pics!!!

Maggie and Tom-8-31-08

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

After all the aggervation & being sick, sounds like you had an awsome day...Congrats.

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Wow....what an eventful week! Congrats on everything....so when do we get to see pics??? He he. Oh, BTW, I'll be going to Knotts this Thursday (on Thanksgiving) :)

Photobucket

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

November22Bride wrote:

Hey everyone I'm back and married!!!

So here's my story, my last day of work was Tuesday. I got home at about 3:30 to finish up a few projects and when I was done I realized my throat was feeling a little funny I didn't think much of it since I don't get sick very often and no one I know has been sick. Well I went to bed and woke up at about 1 with the worst sore throat I have ever had.

Wednesday- We just did a lot of running around and picking up last minute things.

Thursday- DH and I woke up and packed the car so we could go down to my moms (we stayed at her house one night since she live about 20 min away form the wedding and we live 2 hours away). The plan was that 3 of my BM were going to meet us there to help put together favors (caramel apples) and tie bows on the bubbles. Well only one BM showed up, I was a bit disappointed by that but whatever. After that I when to get my eye brows done and we pick up the tuxes. When we got back to my moms my dad was there that was just weird I haven't seen him in 5 yrs and our last meeting hadn't ended well.

Friday- in the morning I when with my mom to get a pedicure, that was the most relaxation I has in the last month. Then it was time to pack the cars up again and head over to the rehearsal. When me and DH where driving there I called all the BMs to make sure they where on their way, all but one was. The one that wasn't lives the farthest and she just keep insuring me that she would be there on time. We got to the chapel at 12:20 and just hung out chatted with some family and friend that showed up unexpectedly (they were staying at a near by hotel for the wedding). Well everyone was on time except for the one BM that I know was going to be late (she's also the mother of my FG so they bother weren't there) she showed up 1hr late and didn't ever stay for the lunch. The rehearsal went smoothly, I was nerves that I might forget something, so we when throw everything 3 times. At lunch I started to feel the effects of being sick, but after I ate I feel way better. After lunch my mom, DH, and I went to see twilight, I was so disappointed in that movie. Well after the movie we checked in to our hotel and I crawled in to bed. I was so sick my mom waned to bring me to the ER, I thought my head was going to explode!!! It hurt so badly (problem #1)!!! My mom ended up going a getting me some over the counter stuff and a big box of tissues and in the morning I feet much better.

Saturday- I work up at 7 and took a nice long hot shower (that really help me feel better). Then got dress and when to the hotel café with my mom for breakfast. At 9:30 me, my mom and one BM when over to the reception to set up (problem #2), we get in the room and the room had Christmas decorations everywhere!!! I started to freak out since my theme is FALL!!! And when I say Christmas I don't just mean a tree and some lights. No I'm talking reindeers, elves, giant gifts and slays. The room was covered in Christmas (for those that don't know my wedding was at Knott's Berry Farm and my reception was in a hall inside the park). I ended up missing my nail appointment waiting for a manager to show up so we could discus the Christmas issue. Finally after waiting 2 hrs I decided I couldn't wait any longer and I left my number with some to have them call me. When we got all the way back to the car and someone in a golf cart told us that a manager showed up and we needed to go back to the reception hall. We get there and we got in a huge argument about the decorations... but I won!!! And 90% on the stuff came down.

Since I missed my nail appointment I end up going to the nastiest nail place I have ever seen. Thankfully the lady did an ok job (I really hope I don't get a nail fungus from there). We get back at the hotel about 11:30 and my BM started on my hair wail I did my makeup. All the BM and GM showed up on time for them most part, the photographers showed up a few minutes later and my florist was a few minutes behind them (I LOVED my flower they where perfect!!!).

We are to the church a few minutes before 4.

Back story- my mom really want me to wear a veil but from day one I told her that I wouldn't be caught dead with one. So I surprised her and wearing one.

Right after the moms worked in and lit the uniting candles I had a friend run my veil to me so we could stick it in my hair. My mom was crying like a baby when she saw me with the veil (it almost made me cry). the ceremony went smoothly except for the fact that my nose keep running and I had to pull out the tissue that I had stuck in the cup up my dress... that was kinda funny.

After the ceremony DH and me took pics throw out the park that was a lot of fun. I could hear people in the park saying things like "is this a really wedding" "no I think there doing a park ad" "she looks like a model it must be an ad".

At 6 it was time for us to make out grand enters (problem #3), our DJ comes out and asked me for the CD for our first dance. I was like what you don't have it!!! Apparently he called DH and told him that he was having problems down loading it and told DH to bring the CD. Well DH didn't bother doing that, but it wouldn't have mater any ways since we didn't have a copy of the CD with us we lift it at home. Thank fully we had his laptop at the hotel and the song was save on it. So my aunt went to get it for us, apparent when she got there our hotel our room door was open and ever light was on. This is odd since I was the last one out. But anyways my aunt saveed the day and we did our first dance after we ate instead of when we walked in.

The rest of the night went pretty smoothly, I got to talk to a lot of family and friends that I don't get to see that often, that was by for my favorite part. Our first dance went good I had to steal my FG's hair tie to shorten my bustle or I would have tripped over it dancing. I ended up going to father daughter dance (I didn't want to do it) and everyone was crying, not a dry eye in the house!!!

At the end of the night we had to wait an hour to get a cart to take my stuff out of the park that really suck I just wanted to go to bed. The cart gets there, we load it up and we get to the gate but it was lock the only out was one of those big metal turn style revolving gates that only go one way... out!!!. So we had to put one gift on the grown and turn the gate and then some on the other side had to pick it up. It was a long night.

All in all ever thing went well and I'm happy it's over, I did realize that that me photographer forgot to take a few pics. Like the pic with our hands/rings on top of my bouquet... I'm a little sad about that but on will I'm sure my photograph will take pics of our ring if I can get down to her studio.

thanks everyone. i'll post pic as soon as a get them!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine