February 2009 brides?????

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

ambercoloreddawn Posts : 8 Registered: 11/24/08
Re: February 2009 brides?????
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: Camrynsmom

Hello there! I am also having a Valentine's Day wedding! Afterwards I thought how ironic it was that I lost my virginity on that exact day! lol (i guess no wearing white for me? haha). I am super nervous about the weather! Although the wedding and reception is local, i'm still worried about the flight out the next day to Fiji for our honeymoon! Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. Those winter pictures made me REALLY excited about my wedding! The actual wedding is at the city park pavilion (inside of course!) and there are a ton of big fountains and such outside and West Virginia is ALWAYS beautiful in the winter with all the mountains, snow, etc. What flowers are you all using? I have picked the lilly and of course roses, what else would be good? What colors? Of course red would be stereotypical but my maid of honor (i'm letting her pick colors, and bridesmaid dresses and other maid of honor duties!) suggested (www.davidsbridal.com) the clover green they have an azalea pink (something like that). Any suggestions?

CocaMarie1378 Posts : 76 Registered: 11/4/06
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: ambercoloreddawn

Stay away from David's Bridal farrrrrrrrrrrr away. They are the worst bridal company out there and their policies cater to them and not to you. Those are beautiful colors but try other bridal lines they all have the same colors but named differently. Also, becareful of allowing your MOH pick everything because she may like something that you and the other bridesmaids dislike.
Wishing you PEACE, LOVE and HAPPINESS

sweeneysound Posts : 4 Registered: 4/1/08
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: Camrynsmom

We're getting married on Valentine's Day in Marin County, California. Our reception will be in Tiburon, which is on the other side of the San Francisco Bay looking across at the city of San Francisco, the water, the islands and all the boats in between. It's the most beautiful view on earth as far as I have ever seen. 'Course I'm biased, since I grew up in Marin! As the sun goes down, the view of San Francisco transforms as all the building lights come into view. Unlike some of the other folks in this thread, we will not have the honor of any pretty snow, but RAIN is certainly a bit of a worry in the back of my head!!! But we've done our best to plan for a potentially wet wedding -- with both an indoor ceremony, an indoor reception and covered classic cars for the drives between. I figure, just embrace the winter wedding, don't fight it. For example, we'll have the big fireplace lit at our reception hall, and isn't that sweet and cozy romantic? And (shh, secret) I plan on giving all the bridesmaids matching umbrellas as part of their gifts! Whether or not they need 'em on the wedding day, I bet they'll be fun in pictures, and much more practical later on than any engraved boxes. Yes, the ladies will be wearing a dark red (nicknamed "black cherry" now by one of the bridesmaids) since it is Valentines day. Again, go with the holiday and have fun, right? The water may be rough, but if it's not too foggy or rainy, the view will hopfully do it's magnificent nightime transition for our guests to enjoy. And the wedding being on Presidents Day weekend is pretty conveniant too for all our co-workers to make the trip.

CJT Posts : 1 Registered: 1/21/08
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: Camrynsmom

I'm a February 2009 bride! My fiance and I are getting married on Valentine's Day at South Holland, Illinois. The colors are pink, white, and silver; with a wedding party of 11 (4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 flower girls, and a ring bearer. Our wedding ceremony and reception will be held at the church. Also, I bought my dress at David's Bridal; it's beautiful!

wedding count down

Edited by: CJT on Dec 15, 2008 3:32 PM

winterprincess09 Posts : 1 Registered: 7/16/08
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: Camrynsmom

I am a Feruary bride too!!! FH and I are getting married on Valentine's Day :) like many of the other February brides on here! I love how beautiful snow and winter are, I just hate that it has to be so cold!! LOL I live in Nebraska and the wedding will be in Iowa, so its gonna be freezing! I just pray the weather will cooperate for us.

Our colors are white and navy blue. I am also incorporating faux fur on some of the decorations. :) At my sister's wedding in October she set up a candy buffet, so for my wedding she is helping me put together a hot cocoa buffet! I want the atmosphere to be as cozy and comforting as possible!!

Camrynsmom Posts : 158 Registered: 2/26/08
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

I know this is an old thread but those pics just gave me the chills!! Literrally!! I really can't WAIT for it to be FREEZING cold and we can all be wrapped up in our coats and scarves, and maybe have a little snow!! I am wearing my grandmother's mink stoll with my dress (miss you grandma) and the best part is, her name is stitched on the inner lining of it..........

I am looking forward to shedding all of that stuff too and getting down for 5 hours in front of the fireplaces!!! FUN FUN FUN!! I am getting so excited!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine