The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,349 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

crystalizeddreams Posts : 321 Registered: 10/18/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: toto

Well Im off the pill now so we are officially trying!!! I have been on the pill over 10 yrs, and I just turned 30. We are hoping it wont take to long but who knows. Had a Drs appt yesterday to make sure everything was ok and we were good to go. I have a Thyroid disorder, so we had to wait on results to be sure it was in a good range.

I MARRY THE LOVE OF MY LIFE OCTOBER 4TH 2008!!

DANNY & LISA 10/04/08

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: crystalizeddreams

Crystalized, I was on the pill for 10 years. I stopped taking my pill 3 months before we actually started trying to conceive so I could let my body adjust and see how my cycle would act. So I stopped taking my pill at the end of June 07 and we started trying beginning of Sept 07...I found out that I was pregnant Oct 15th. I was so afraid that I would have problems conceiving because I was on the pill for so long, but I had lots of people keep telling me that after you come off of the pill you are EXTREMELY fertile....and although it's not true for everyone, it seemed to be true for me.
Good luck to all of you trying!!!

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

lmc07 - one of the reasons why I think that some of the old wives tales seem to "work" is because they give us a sense of control over the situation (whereas just having sex and hoping for the best is out of our control). And by having control, we reduce our stress levels, which as we know, can mess with ovulation. So many it's almost like a placebo affect? Who knows.

As for the medication I took, it's called Clomid. It's a fertility drug mainly designed for people who are unable to ovulate on their own, like me (however, there are some other uses for it too). Some people have negative side affects, and some people just can't take it, so it IS a big deal to start taking this medication, which many people don't realize. Some doctors seem to hand it out like candy, which is unwise.

But, for someone like me, I was never going to get pregnant without ovulating, and the benefits outweighed the risks. And for me, it was a miracle drug because it took only one cycle!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

BirdLover - I believe in those tales!! ;) We've been told hundreds by my mom during childhood. For example, if you eat carrots, you'll be able to whistle. Or never step over little children, they might stop growing, or if you don't eat up it'll rain. I think these tales gave me and still give me a feeling of security.

Yesterday I took an ovulation test and voilà it showed that I ovulated (one day earlier than usually). I hope this time it'll get me pregnant!! fingers crossed Hubby told his little fellows to "swim" into the right direction!

Only one cycle? Wow, that's quick!! ;) I am glad to hear that you did not have to take Clomid too long!! I am very much against taking medications for anything, but if I am going to need it, I am definitely going to take it. But only after I am well informed on the side effects. :) I hope, I don't have to!!

Little vent: Today my SIL and her two kids spent the day with me and of course she asked me, if I was pregnant. Arrggghhh, she already asked me last Saturday, but obviously she doesn't understand that a no is a no!!! Sorry, had to let this out!! It annoys me soooo much!!

Edit:

Toto - Good luck and lots of baby dust!!! ;)

Crystalized - I hope the test result will turn out fine!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years TickerLilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

Edited by: lmc07 on Nov 26, 2008 6:42 PM

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: lmc07

Just wanted to pop in and wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope the turkey doesn't make us sick! Also to the ladies trying, good luck, and I hope to hear that blessed news from you all soon and very soon!!!!

preview image

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

A comment about those OPK;s: while they are fairly accurate, all they really tell you is that the hormones in your body are gearing up to ovulate. They don't tell you whether you actually did or not.

Just an FYI.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: toto

Toto I truly hope your anniversary present if a blue stick, a plus sign or morning sickness and constant peeing.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

Posted: Dec 1, 2008 9:37 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Hi girls!! :) How is everybody after Thanksgiving?

BirdLover - you are right, it only shows that the hormon level has increased.

I have got something that worries me:
Well, after I took my ovulation test (which was positive - yay!!), we have been baby making a lot.;) But a few days after my fertile days I have been spoting and had some pain like getting my period. Fortunately that stopped, but I still feel some pressure!

Lots of baby dust to all of you trying!! :)

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: lmc07

Hi ladies! Its been awhile since I've been around here... they changed the forums and took away my watched threads and it just took me awhile to get back here.

I wanted to share with you fellow ttc ladies, at a friend's suggestion, I started reading a book called "Taking Charge of your fertility" that is really shedding a lot of light on this whole process. I have learned a lot thus far including a refresher on the reproductive system and all the little things it takes to make a baby. Its about the "Fertility Awareness Method" of either ttc or birth control, which ever is the desired effect. Its based on three main indicators of where you are in your cycle, one of which is charting temps. I'm still not too familiar with everything yet.

Anyway, its interesting to refresh my memory on all the cycle stuff and learn a lot of interesting stuff I never knew. I know a lot of you ladies on here do the charting and stuff. How many of you had been taught to believe you ovulate on day 14 and your cycle is 28 days long? Apparently a lot of unnecessary and painful tests and unnecessary drugs are inflicted on women just because this is still the most common view in the medical field.

Anyway, its worth looking into. I got a used copy on amazon.com for super cheap, and its worth it.

In addition, I switched to using the ivillage.com fertility planner instead of fertility friend. I never liked their interface and how you had to pay for anything beyond the basic chart. It never detected ovulation for me, though I could tell from my temps I probably had. Anyway, last week I input my stuff from this cycle and it determined that I ovulated on Sunday the 23rd. The great thing is DH and I had sex twice that weekend, so I'm hoping this is it!

My birthday is next Monday, which is about when I would think about taking a test if I haven't gotten my period by then. What a great present that would be!

rmb: I read about your drama with joey being sick and the day care! Wow. Right now Dh and I work opposite shifts, he works days and I work nights. While that does hamper our baby making opportunities, it will be good for child care. I really do not want to put my children in daycare. I work at a newspaper and there are just too many stories of children dying in daycare or getting hurt, all the stories about safety violations! I would like to work a normal day job again at some point, but thats yet to be determined. I'm glad you got the situation handled.

birdlover: Congratulations in making it to your second trimester!

hisqueenb: I'm so glad you got to see your baby already. I'm sure that was a big relief.

eliza: Welcome back! Sorry I haven't talked to you in awhile. I dont remember, how long have you been trying now? DH and I aren't panicking yet, but we would like it to happen soon. If you only recently got off birth control (sorry I dont remember what you said), it can take a few cycles for your body/period to get back to normal.

Thats all I can remember to write about for now. Good luck fellow ttc-ers!

jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:42 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

Jesse, I hope you end up with a blue stick for your birthday. That would be a happy birthday indeed.

I can't remember who was just talking about a little spotting, that could have been implantation I hope so for you that would be a nice Holiday gift for your family.

All the best to all of you TTC I hope this is the cycle for you all.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

wedding ticker

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Good morning ladies! Hope all is well! To those trying, you are in my thoughts this morning.

I say that because I may have to make some tough decisions in the near future that made me kind of feel like "why I am pregnant now, we are not ready". Then I think about you ladies who want it so bad, and it makes me feel blessed that I am carrying this little one (even though I tired as hell!).
I said all of that to say, don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen this time, just know when the time is right, it will happen, and I will be soo happy for you!

preview image

Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Jess - yes, it's been awhile since we have talked, but from what I can see in your sig line, you are still training for the marathon. Oh please, give me some of your self discipline! ;)
We've been trying since May, but I have to admit, that in the beginning I wasn't charting anything. I was one of those 28/14 believers. Just until recently, I also did not do any research what so ever regarding how to get pregnant. I have heard about the book and I think I am going to buy it. I read so many positive responses on this book.
I hope you you'll have a great birthday present!! Sending lots and lots of baby dust to you! :)

Kennys - I have read that this spoting might be caused by implantation, but it was so scary it mady me cry. I thought that I have done something wrong - whatever it was.
This would be the best Holiday gift ever!!!

Diva - Thank you for thinking of us TTC girls!! It's so nice to know, that there a girls out there, who understand what some of us are going through.

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: lmc07

Eliza, I am actually going to train for my third half marathon, though the one in my signature was supposed to be a full. I was sidelined five weeks ago with a stress fracture, however, so it will be awhile til I run again. So I'm doing the half in May and then hopefully a full in the fall. But I will gladly abandon those plans if it means I'm pregnant! I'm sending self discipline waves your way... I understand how hard it is. DH keeps trying to start working out and can never keep it up. Really, if I didn't work nights, I don't know how I would ever do it. Good luck on everything!

jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

toto Posts : 54 Registered: 8/18/08
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 6:33 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA lately!

LMC- I know that several people have mentioned it already (and I believe you replied) but that could be a wonderful sign! Those are strong symptoms of implantation. I hope this is it for you!

As for me, I have my doctor's appointments tomorrow to determine whether the upped dose of CLomid worked this time, and whether or not the dexamethasone/estradiol helped as well. Hopefully, I have several follicles in there!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Posted: Dec 3, 2008 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: toto

Jess – ouch, I hope it did not hurt that much!! Thanks for sending me self discipline waves. I am so lazy when it comes to sports. My husband is quite the opposite – he is doing mountain bike tours across the alps every year!! ...and those dangerous ski tours which I hate!!
I have heard, that doing sports might increase the chance of getting pregnant. Don’t know why though!
Six days to go until testing!! One day after you, Jess!! It would be awsome if we would get positive results!!!

Toto – I hope everything will be fine at the doctor’s! I am going to send you positive thoughts tomorrow, so if you get hick ups, it’s me thinking of you!!

Hope that you preggie girls are doing well and you, new mommies, don’t lack sleep!!
Lots of baby dust to all TTC girls!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine