march wedding

Online Users: 1,314 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

tedandkimweddin... Posts : 3 Registered: 1/19/08
march wedding
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 12:20 PM

I am getting married in March 2009; not much planned yet.  I have heard from some people that March is not a good month to get married.  Anybody getting married in March? I may get married in North or South Carolina so hopefully it won't be bad weather.  Was wondering if it was still possible to have an outdoor wedding if I held it in March. 

March 21, 2009 - the day Ted and Kim will be husband and wife

Message was edited by: tedandkimwedding2009

ilovefrankie Posts : 1 Registered: 2/23/07
Re: march wedding
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: tedandkimweddin...

My cousin is getting married this March. They are getting married in Half Moon Bay, CA...by San Francisco. I think they are doing the ceremony outside and the reception inside. I'd say with all months where there might be a chance of rain, just have a back up plan in place. Maybe find a location that offers both an indoor and outdoor setting you like...then you won't feel totally upset if you have to move the party indoors.

BonnieJ Posts : 547 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: tedandkimweddin...

You can go to www.weather.com and see what the average historical weather is for the area where you're planning to have your wedding.  I can tell you that my cousin had a March wedding in Myrtle Beach and it rained the entire week we were there.

My wedding is March of this year in Florida.  It's actually one of the driest, most temperate months of the year down here.  We're having the ceremony outside, but we have the option of moving the ceremony inside the reception hall if it does rain.

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: tedandkimweddin...

I lived in North Carolina for a while - it really matters which part of the state you're getting married in. I went to a wedding in Charleston, SC in December and it was beautiful, we barely needed a light jacket. So I agree check weather.com for the averages and decide from there, but in most of those states it should be beautiful.

And like anyone (even during summer months) you need to have a backup plan in case of rain or other inclement weather strikes. But otherwise it should be beautiful then.

When is my wedding

haircuttergirl Posts : 3 Registered: 11/21/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: tedandkimweddin...

March might be a little chilly still, but I think it would be a great time of the year to get married! You wouldn't have to worry as much about 5 of your friends getting married on the same day! *Speaking from personal experience, I got married in May and had 2 friends that were ill that I chose the date they wanted first =P We all were to be in each others weddings, so it was hard getting things coordinated!
If you end up wanting an on-location wedding hairstylist, drop me a line! I've done weddings all over Western NC and also some in South Carolina, such as Charleston. I'm booking 2009 weddings right now :-)
haircuttergirl@hotmail.com

hearts2halo Posts : 34 Registered: 11/12/08
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: tedandkimweddin...

I am getting married 3-21-09, I went to the farmers almanac.com and looked up the last like 10 yrs on that day to see how many times it had rained and stuff. Here in texas though its usually pretty nice, we dont normally have very rainy Marches. I say that now and watch it rain!! lol!! But there I found that its only rained 2x on in the last 10 years!! My reception is outdoors with an indoor ceremony! I think you should be ok!! Just look up the weather history for the day you chose!

www.weddingcountdown.com

futue.jenn.parr.googlepages.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine