Give me your honest opinions... PLEASE

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 21

lichalisette Posts : 5 Registered: 1/6/08
Give me your honest opinions... PLEASE
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 7:28 PM

What do you really think about this dress?

http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_hottest&styleID=2059

Valentines day wedding

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Re: Give me your honest opinions... PLEASE
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 7:38 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

Holy crap that model is skinny! But its a very beautiful and romantic dress

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I think it's very elegant - I've actually never seen anything like it. I like that it's not too poufy.

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

It absolutely screams PRINCESS! It is very, very pretty, but it would not suite everyone. It seems like it is meant for the girlie princess type.
And yeah that model is skinny!

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

-Dr Seuss

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: deansbride

disgusting skinny. lol

but pretty dress! Very girlie girl :) have you tried it on? What kind of wedding are you having? :)

10/26/08 

KERANTHOMPSON Posts : 2 Registered: 9/30/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

Very romantic dress, are you having a formal wedding?

lichalisette Posts : 5 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: KERANTHOMPSON

KERANTHOMPSON wrote:Very romantic dress, are you having a formal wedding?
yes we are... I LOVE the dress... but I'm worried it wont look the same in person.

Valentines day wedding

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

The dress is beautiful! Personally, I could do without the top layer of tulle that has the side ruching. But still, the dress is gorgeous.

Photobucket

Uzuri Posts : 99 Registered: 6/26/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

I'm not really into tulle, but I think that dress is very pretty. You said you were worried it won't look the same in person, so I would suggest that you have other dresses in mind when you go try it on. Either way, I hope you take losts of pics. I would love to see it on someone else besides the very skinny model. lol

♥♥♥ Soon to be Mrs. Brown 9/19/09 ♥♥♥

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

I think the dress is very pretty. But please please try it one before you buy it and try on something that you never thought you would like. Myself and so many other people have bought dresses on the other side of the spectrum of what we thought we would wear. I wanted a mermaid gown to show off my body, its something i would of bought for any other occasion its just who i am! But i did not feel like a bride in it i ended up with a ball gown!

So try that gown and others in a wide range of styles.

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

MichelleandRob Posts : 194 Registered: 5/12/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

It is a pretty dress. Although the model has a very small waist, she isn't as sickly skinny looking as some models I have seen. I agree with everyone else, try it on before you buy. I had my heart set on a dress and when I tried it on, it was awful! I went with a sheath type dress in the end.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

lichalisette wrote:What do you really think about this dress?

http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_hottest&styleID=2059

Valentines day wedding

I'm a Demetrios Bride myself- Love their dresses! I have seen this one in person here at their bridal shop where I bought mine. The detail is beautiful but to get the full effect of the skirt you must wear an extra full caroline. The toole is soft and not stiff. The back of the dress is very sexy. If you are looking for that GIRLIE-GIRL/PRINCESS look this is a good dress- but as pp said please-please try it on.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

Honestly. . .

I don't like it. It's too over the top. It's the kind of dress that will make a person say "Wow! Look at that dress!" rather than "Wow! Look at that bride!"

I think a dress should emphasize the loveliness of the person wearing it, rather than distract from her. When I looked at the picture, the first thing I noticed was all the tulle, and the dark beading. Then, as an afterthought, I realized that there was someone actually wearing it.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

arwplastics Posts : 5 Registered: 6/30/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: lichalisette

OMG! I have looked at this dress and think it is breath-taking! I wouldn't pass it up! I am looking for a red (in that family of color, not fire-truck red) dress for my October '09 wedding. There were several Demetrios dresses I would love if they came in the color I am looking for.

Good luck making the final decision, I think you are headed in a great direction!

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 4:09 AM Go to message in response to: arwplastics

I think the model is totally airbrushed (a girl that skinny can't have such wide hips in comparison to her waist, surely?) but the dress is pretty. You must definitely try it on, though, because it will look completely different on a girl with a real waist (which I assume you have!)

Free wedding ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine