Bridesmaid attire...HELP!!

Online Users: 1,274 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

soontobemrsande... Posts : 1 Registered: 10/29/08
Bridesmaid attire...HELP!!
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 3:51 PM

I only have 4 bridesmaids (includes MOH) and they range in sizes and tastes.  I have one particular that doesn't want to wear a dress, doesn't want her arms, legs, or back to show.  She wants to wear jeans!  Ok, we are having a small simple country wedding outdoors, but I want it to be beautiful.  I can't find anything reasonably priced that will work for everyone.  Any ideas? 

Melissa  Kiss

Soon to be Mrs. Anderson

Mom to:  Kaylee (11) & Austin (9)

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Re: Bridesmaid attire...HELP!!
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsande...

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsande...

It's YOUR choice, bride. When she agreed to be a bridesmaid, she agreed to that (whether she knew it or not). Jeans?! Noooo. That doesn't mean that you can't be considerate. If she wears something long, with sleeves, then she has her wishes. It can be really casual, if that's your style (e.g. a denim, prairie-style skirt and pretty blouse, nice pants and a pretty top, a dress and tights). Just make sure that it coordinates with the other girls. If she's still adamant, I'd let her be a guest, not a bridesmaid.

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I completely agree with myra. She's your bridesmaid for a reason, and I assume she loves you enough to suck it up and wear something she wouldn't necessarily pick herself. It's one night, it's not the end of the world. You could get a wrap or shawl or something that goes with the dress to cover up her arms and back, and have them wear long dresses so it covers her legs too. To me, that's a pretty good compromise.

mrsj2011 Posts : 31 Registered: 10/21/08
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

my bridesmaids are all different sizes and tastes. I am picking the designer, color or the dresses and also the length. Then they get to each pick what they want to wear. Then there will only be a few differences in the dresses and everyone will be happy.

hearts2halo Posts : 34 Registered: 11/12/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsande...

I have 5 bridesmaids including my MOH and they all range in many many sizes from my sister 4'9 90lbs to a friend that is 5'10 to a friend that just had a baby so we went to Alfred Angelo because they had more choices of styles I gave them the color and let them chose their own dress. If your friend still does not find that acceptable I agree with Myra she can happily attend the wedding. If she cant make an exception to dress some what the way you would like at YOUR wedding then she can dress how ever she wants and sit in the 2nd row!!

www.weddingcountdown.com

futue.jenn.parr.googlepages.com

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsande...

I had 5 BM and I said "dress in this color." I also had a BM wore didn't want to wear a dress so I helped her pick out an outfit she would wear that I loved. I loved that each of BM got to show off their personalities at our wedding.

JennyRichard1037.jpg image by jenny3_26_05
JennyRichard1133.jpg image by jenny3_26_05
JennyRichard1130.jpg image by jenny3_26_05

Mrs. Pinky

glitter-graphics.com

Our Wedding Website 

classydame Posts : 91 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: soontobemrsande...
RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine