Profile Pictures

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 66

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Re: Profile Pictures
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Bride2008 - where's my cookie?

My pic is one of our favorites from the wedding...it was getting late, and we'd both changed into our chucks...our awesome photographer thought it would make a cool shot. I have to agree.

And besides, I'm not a huge fan of having my face next to every single post.

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: SocalGal

My pic is one of our engagement photos. We used this on our save the date. I like that we are in the background kind of out of focus and mysterious, and the carousel is one of the few remaining antique wooden carousels in the US.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: SocalGal

As soon as I finish figuring out how to post the picture of a cookie, I will have it right to you. :)

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

My profile picture is my honey and I on our wedding day. We had decided to go for a walk, just the two of us...in the park.
Me, my honey and our kitties make 4.

sweetp86 Posts : 8 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

The pic in my profile is of my FI and I at my 22nd Birthday Party Jan 2008

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
~1 Corinthians 13

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

My pic is my fav pic from our wedding. Of course I like the one LinzZ did better but now I can't find it to change it. :( boo

Luv - This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my FH. We were at the Rainforest Cafe in Galveston in August 2006. Photo credit goes to my MOH and the best friend I could ever have.

Great pic but man, that place still drives me crazy!

NJ - My profile picture is the Kool-Aid man because he is awesome. Also, there is this one scene in Family Guy where the Kool-Aid man is sitting on his couch and Brian & Peter crash a car into his living room and the Kool-Aid man goes "So this is what it feels like" And it always cracks me up. Hell, Im laughing now just thinking about it. OH YEEEAAAAHHHHH!

I love that pic! It makes me think of Dane Cook though. "Oh yeah!" "Oh no! My dad's going to come home and beat me with a toaster!"

Mrs. Pinky

glitter-graphics.com

Our Wedding Website 

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Mine is of the beach where we’re having our wedding ceremony at sunset (the ceremony won’t be at sunset, but I really love this picture of the location). I love everyone’s pictures :-)
When is my wedding

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Me at my daughter's wedding. If I look happy--I was! the profile pic is of me and my husband (of 33 years, this Sunday!)

myra at http://www.classysassyweddings.com/

Edited by: myra on Nov 18, 2008 11:23 PM

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: myra

Brides2008 - Ling ling, like from Drawn Together?

A prize to whoever can tell me who this is:

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 1:28 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Hahaha...once again, I can! That would be the Cheat...but this is coming from the girl who named her dog Trogdor.

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

Lilmisssouthern... Posts : 658 Registered: 8/12/08
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:36 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

ArtBride wrote:
I think I know who your photographer was.... I think....
Oh wow...her first name is Deitra.

GAH! Did my picture change to my kitty and then change BACK to the cherry blossom one? Rarrr!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Edited by: ArtBride on Nov 18, 2008 2:07 PM

Yea that was who I was guessing.... She might do our pictures not sure yet... we fell in love with her after we met with her and she showed us her work... your pictures were part of that obviously...

Can't wait to be  a Mrs.

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_main.aspx?coupleid=7984480831210000

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

RedStormGirl Posts : 184 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 11:13 AM Go to message in response to: Lilmisssouthern...

My profile picture is none other than Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy on her wedding day in 1953. I am a huge of everything "Jackie O". If I had to pick one inspiration for my wedding planning it would absolutely be her taste and style. And I just think it's a lovely picture...

I, too, did not want to have a picture of myself and FH up there, but I must say that all of you who have posted pics of yourselves for your profile....adoreable!!

"Where you are is where I belong...I do know where you go is where I want to be." - DMB

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: Lilmisssouthern...

DrmComeTru09 wrote:
Yea that was who I was guessing.... She might do our pictures not sure yet... we fell in love with her after we met with her and she showed us her work... your pictures were part of that obviously...

Can't wait to be a Mrs.

http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/view/co_main.aspx?coupleid=7984480831210000

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers
Wow, that's bizarre, considering she doesn't do a lot of weddings! How did you hear about her? One of my coworkers is good friends with her, so I met her through him.

Since you're considering hiring her, I'll give you my feedback. Overall, she was a pleasure to work with and we were really happy with the photos she took. My biggest complaint is that she msised a bunch of the shots on my list. This may be my coworker's fault, as he was assisting her and should have been keeping track of the list, but that's my biggest complaint, in any case. She's also very traditional and didn't want to 'spoil the surprise' by doing photos before the ceremony, which I would have preferred. She works very quickly, so it wasn't a problem to do them after the ceremony, but I wish she hadn't been so resistant to the idea of doing them beforehand. On the positive side, she's a pleasure to work with and she really bent over backwards for us. If you want to see the rest of our photos, PM me your email address and I'll send you the site where I have them up. (Oh - I just thought of one more thing to tell you. She said that she was going to set up a website for our guests to view the photos, and she asked people to sign an email list so that she could contact them when it was ready. If she made a site, she never told me about it. I really didn't care whether she did, as I was going to put them all up on Picasa to share with the guests anyway...but it was irritating that people expected a website and then they were never contacted about it)

And one thing that we miscommunicated about: photos of the reception before guests arrived. I assumed that she would send her assistant to the reception site to take those during the ceremony. She somehow thought that she would be able to get there after the ceremony (and after doing our photos) and still enter before the guests. No big deal (to me) because I didn't care very much about those photos, but if you care about that sort of thing, plan a time for her to go take those shots.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Mrs.Pinky - I love that pic! It makes me think of Dane Cook though. "Oh yeah!" "Oh no! My dad's going to come home and beat me with a toaster!"

I love Dane Cook! he's a riot! DH and I will have nothing fights at the store just so we can laugh about it later!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

Save - I love the traffic jokes he does.

"Why'd you stop at a legal red light and let me hit you doing 80?!"

"Mom! Shoes! Where are my shoes?!" lol

Mrs. Pinky

glitter-graphics.com

Our Wedding Website 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine