NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 555

FutureMrsJBiv Posts : 24 Registered: 4/26/08
Re: NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 12:13 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Hey! I just found this thread, pretty intertesting. I love to read all kinds of different books.  My fav author is definately Nicholas Sparks.  He is the best! Anyone else like his books?

I have just recently started the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke.  I'm on book 2 of 8.  Good so far!

Joce Posts : 290 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Montereybride08

Monterey- I haven't read Vanishing Acts... which one can't you get into right now?  I'll be sure to stay away from it!

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsJBiv

MrsJBiv- I've read every single one of Nicholas Sparks' books.. and patiently await his new books haha :)

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: Joce

FMIL gave me a bunch of Nicholas Sparks books, and I love them all.  The Notebook makes me cry, just like the movie!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Joce

Joce- Oh, Vanashing Acts was the first one I read by her! I really liked it! The one I have had trouble with is Keeping Faith...not sure why...It just has not grabbed me. I tried for several weeks, and nothing! It is still tucked away on the book shelf somewhere. : )

Ruby- I read the Notebook in one afternoon... with a whole box of tissue...I still have not watched the movie, but I have heard it was really good. I LOVE the song they use in it "Feels Like Home to Me". I am trying to figure out a way to use it in the wedding! : )

Another really good book that I recently read was
"Water for Elephants". I can't remember the author, but it was a quick read that sort of kept you guessing. Great story!

October 18th, here we come!

212 ? ? 212  Date September 20

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 1:30 AM Go to message in response to: Montereybride08

Monterey- My FSIL used that song walking down the aisle, as well as for their first dance song!!

I was not as happy with the Notebook movie as I was the book... i have read the book 3 times and cry like a baby every single time!! Have you read The Wedding?  it was good to see those characters again.

I'm in the middle of Change of Heart right now by Jodi Picoult.  I haven't read the one you mentioned-- but really enjoyed Plain Truth if you haven't read that one yet? 

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 3:10 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

So I figured I would bump this thread and see if there are any new wormies out there....

I have a new author that I have been reading...well actually 2 of them 1 is tess gerritsen and the other is Stephenie Meyer...

Tess writes books that are thrilling while stepanie is more fun but suspenseful at the same time....

Alright well nite nite wormies!!!!

Ashley

Sending Love to my Wormies!

The Fruit and Fly Show...Not for people easily offended...
www.youtube.com/thefruitandflyshow

crystalizeddreams Posts : 321 Registered: 10/18/07
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Ah yes Stephanie Meyer.. Twilight! LOVE it. Didnt think I would, I kinda turned up my nose at the books, being for teens and all. I really should have known better after Harry Potter that some books for young adults can be really good.

My fav author is Jacqueline Carey (sp?) she writes the Kushiels Dart series and its REALLY good. after that I love Neil Gaiman, Anne Rice, Steven King (the weird stuff not the scary stuff), Gabriel King etc etc etc

I MARRY THE LOVE OF MY LIFE OCTOBER 4TH 2008!!

DANNY & LISA 10/04/08

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: crystalizeddreams

I'm definitely a reader, I always have a book going. I don't usually like to ADMIT to what I read. hehe For the entertainment reading I like mostly the trashy science-fiction/fantasy novels. You know like Elves and Dwarves adn Magic and such. hehe I'll read anything by Michael Crichton though, and I've been getting in tot he more legal drama style stuff. I work in the library at school, you'd think I could find something more worthwhile! lol :)

10/26/08 

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:52 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I LOVE to read!!! My favorite author (of the moment) is Nora Roberts. I eat up her books so quickly!! I am currently reading her Sign of Seven Trilogy. I own the first two: Blood Brothers & The Hollow, and am patiently waiting for the third: The Pagan Stone to be released (Next Tuesday....I'm so excited!!!!). I am a HUGE fan of her Trilogies and family stories. I love the MacGregors, In the Garden Trilogy, Three Sisters Island Trilogy, The MacKade Bros., The Calhouns etc. I have yet to read some of the other trilogies and series, so I'm looking forward to that.

I think my other current favorite is Jodie Picoult, and seeing how DH and I pretty much got what we needed at the wedding, my X-mas list this year will be Jodie Picoult novels or gift cards to Borders!

~ Living the married life

Hillary & Sean September 20, 2008 Laughing

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: HillyBride92008

I'm a big fan of Nicholas Sparks, I've read all his books and seen all his movies. I just finished his latest: The Lucky One and really enjoyed that. I'm also a big Nora Roberts fan, but mostly just her trilogies. I finished the first Twilight book 2 weeks ago and am anxiously awaiting the movie. I'm planning on asking for the rest of the Twilight series for xmas.

If anyone likes to read bride books, I've read Diary of a Mad Bride(don't remember the author)- quick read, very funny, and easy to relate too, and Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin- I really liked this one a lot, but didn't enjoy the sequel: Something Blue nearly as much.

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

This thread needs a bump!

IMG_4503.jpg

More than we could have imagined...10/18/08

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: Montereybride08

My favorite author is Mercedes Lackey. I've yet to read anything by her that was not worth while. And I'm with Sara.... I love the sci-fi/fantasy stuff. I'm NOT reading any more of that blasted Wheel of Time series though. . I read 5 or 6 of them, and he must be paid by the word! Total waste of trees!

I've always been a bookworm, and my favorite summertime activity growing up was the MS Readathon (who remembers that?). I'd get people to pledge so much per book I read, and a couple folks pledged a dollar a book. One guy pledged $10 a book, and my mother had to call him and tell him he needed to revise that pledge since I had planned to read 20 books that summer -- at least (and SHE wouldn't let me count them for the readathon unless they were higher than my grade level) At the end of the summer, when I went and collected pledges, the guy called my mom back and thanked her. I had read 25 books (speedy book worm. It took me one day to read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix). He'd have owed $250, but instead only owed $25. I think I raised about $400 that summer. I really missed that when it disappeared. I always loved reading and thought it was wonderful that I could do something I really loved, and help people at the same time.

Misty

wedding countdown

Visit our Wedding Website

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

Oh, Cat, I LOVE Mercedes Lackey. I can easily pick up several of her Valdemar trilogies again and again when I need a quick read or pick-me-up. Anne McCaffrey serves a similar function for me.

I've read all the Wheel of Time books that exist. They're...a chore...by now. But I'm one of those people who must read the entire series once I get a book or two into it. I've only put down one or two books without finishing in my entire life. So, even though I find the words overly wordy and hate most of the characters by now, I'll follow it to the bitter end!

Speaking of wordy, one of my LEAST favorite book series is Lord of the Rings. I've always been pretty big into scifi and fantasy, so I read them out of a sense of obligation. It took me FOREVER.

I pretty much read anythng I can get my hands on. I'm currently in the middle of "The NIne" - which is a nonfiction book about the supreme court justices. I probably wouldn't read it unless you're into law though - I find all the back stories about cases I had to read in law school fascinating, but I think it'd be boring for a lot of people.

Lately, I've been reading a lot of Phillipa Gregory. She's pretty interesting although I still think the Queen's Fool was my favorite (and also the first one I read).

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

Monterey Thanks for bumpin the thread You Rock!!!!

so girls I am committing a cardinal book sin....due to me being out of new books to read i am reading a series which i have never read out of order rather than waiting to find the books that i am missing first lol....I am reading the Kinsey Millhone series (Sue Grafton's Alphabet books) I have read A is for Alibi and B is for Burglar and now I am reading I is for Innocent lol...

Has anyone read the new James Patterson book yet???? I heard it was fabulous!

What's everyone reading right now???

Ashley

Sending Love to my Wormies!

The Fruit and Fly Show...Not for people easily offended...
www.youtube.com/thefruitandflyshow

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine