WHO MOVED MY CHEESE!!??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 74

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: WHO MOVED MY CHEESE!!??
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 9:33 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

so...i just logged in and i found all this new stuff! it totally confused me for a minute! i thought i had gone into all these people's profiles by accident. i haven't done too much exploring yet so as of now i do like some of the things, like seeing everyones pictures right next to there post and i like the big reply text box! we'll see how this goes...

Okay i just did some snooping around. for the most part i'm liking this new change, but i HATE how it doesn't say who last updated the thread! i dont like to "watch" every thread i post in but i like to see what people have to say after i posted.

Edited by: savex389 on Nov 17, 2008 9:53 AM

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

Tobi - glad to hear someone else likes the new format. I thought I was the only one lol. Obviously with anything new, its just a matter of getting used to it and making this your new pattern.

We all have our comfortable ways and patterns of how we post on this site. So you just adapt that pattern to the new format. Example: I normally do the following after logging on: Go to Recent Threads first, then Friends/Family, and then sometimes to Wedding Planning, Married Life and then Ill go over to Fitness and post on my OBI thread at some point. So now I just do the same thing I did before, but I susstitute the NWR thread for Friends/Family. So its not really THAT big of a deal. And as far as the actual format, I love the look of the new site. It looked so boring and plain before. I like it now.

I still really do think they need to re-add the Firends/Family section though, or add a section called "Family and Guest Issues" or something. There doesnt seem to currently be a place for that stuff. And I agree with the person who said they should also add one called "Your Wedding Day Story and Pictures" or something. And whenever people came back from their wedding, they could go to that section and know where to post their wedding details. We should all pm the mods with these changes and see if they would still consider them.

And with the new format, I can do this ....

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I don't mind the new format, now that I've explored a little bit. It is much better looking.

For those of you who are worried about # of posts etc, if you use the bottom scroll, then you can see who posted last and what time, the only thing missing at this point is the # of posts. (Which, I admit, is going to be a small pet peeve, since I tend to avoid brand new posts (that were started over the weekend) and have 50+ posts on a Monday morning...cuz I'd get in trouble if I was caught at work (snicker)!!!

~ Formerly CCFPrincessBride~

Hillary & Sean~ September 20, 2008 Laughing

crystalizeddreams Posts : 321 Registered: 10/18/07
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: HillyBride92008

Im not liking my cheese being stolen and changling cheese left in its place. I may decide I like the new format, but this was very abrubt. Its confusing to me. Seems Im as bad finding my way around online as I am in downtown! I do like the bigger boxes, maybe now my photos wont look all weird and squished

AND WHY are my tags .. WTF, Texas, October 2008, and Weird?

What is brides.com trying to tell me... Im weird and I cuss alot?

I MARRY THE LOVE OF MY LIFE OCTOBER 4TH 2008!!

DANNY & LISA 10/04/08

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: crystalizeddreams

AND WHY are my tags .. WTF, Texas, October 2008, and Weird?

What is brides.com trying to tell me... Im weird and I cuss alot?

LOL I think it just automatically adds all the tags anyone in the same thread adds; so since Pharmtox added the wtf and the weird, it will keep adding those plus any new words we add. To see if Im right, I added a few nonsense words to my own post under Tags. Lets see if they appear in anyones post who posts after me. This tag thing could be fun lol. Its so pointless and lame so we shoudl just all mock it and put weird stuff down there.

Oh and I loooove your profile pic where youre being pickd up, so cute. Beautiful dress too!

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

crystalizeddreams Posts : 321 Registered: 10/18/07
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I myself an am big fan of bologna..it goes with everything and my cats have a heart attack whever I eat it.

Thanks I love that picture too. Its our favorite of all the engagement photos, even though you cant see my face that well. I love how happy we are in it.

I MARRY THE LOVE OF MY LIFE OCTOBER 4TH 2008!!

DANNY & LISA 10/04/08

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: HillyBride92008

Hilly - I was referring to not being able to see who posted last on the Most Recent Thread Page.

But I see if you go into the individual forums, you can see who posted last, so I might be not using the Most Recent Page anymore.

Besides, it's as slow as can be refreshing.

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

It's aiirght...I think my cheese melted inthe fires...so new cheese is a good thing.

Maggie and Tom-8-31-08

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

I don;t like this at all. WTF happened??? Bring back old Brides.com...this new format sucks. I hate it!!

Bless your own day, leave mine alone!Innocent

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

PharmToxGirl wrote:Hilly - I was referring to not being able to see who posted last on the Most Recent Thread Page.

But I see if you go into the individual forums, you can see who posted last, so I might be not using the Most Recent Page anymore.

Besides, it's as slow as can be refreshing.

Ahhh....now I get it!!! I always just checked next to the thread...the ones I really kept up with I had under "watched threads"...which is the one thing I will really miss!!

Wow...according to my tags, Im adjusting, yet slow!!! Oh, and Im weird, but I knew that already!! lol

~ Living the married life ~

Hillary & Sean~ September 20, 2008 Laughing

Edited by: HillyBride92008 on Nov 17, 2008 4:06 PM

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: HillyBride92008

Okay, the site is growing on me.

There's one thing that I LOVE. Just now, a little box came up that told me that there were 32 members online, and 358 "guests". You know what I call "guests"? LURKERS!

Hi Lurkers!! All 360 of you, glad you can hang out and just read stuff and not actually tell us who you are or anything. . .I hope you're happy!

Its just kind of weird. . .like picturing 358 easedroppers with cups pressed against the door. . .

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

dryden5 Posts : 330 Registered: 2/4/08
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:34 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MsDenuninani I saw the visitors and thought the same thing. They are eavesdropping on our conversations. There are good and bad to the new format. I like that pic posting for me is easier. and that there is a bigger box to post n then that little one so I can see what I am doing. Since I am like the worlds worst typist and speller

myspace wedding countdown

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I like that, too, MsD. I had no idea we had so many lurkers! It's nice to see '26 members online' or whatever, but I'd like to see specific names. Perhaps that's asking too much, but I've seen it done on other forums, and it's helpful if you're wondering whether your friends are online to respond to your most recent post.

BTW, I solved my paragraph issue. I explained on LindaJo's thread and the Hate thread, but here it goes again, just in case anybody is wondering. THIS NEW SITE SUCKS if you use a Mac and want to use Safari as your browser. My problem disappeared when I logged onto the site in Firefox, but I HATE using Firefox! So I'll probably only post when I'm at work, a.k.a. the land of no choice but to use Internet Explorer.

Really...there are some things I like and some things I don't. Honestly, the profile pics are bugging me. Not that I don't love seeing your smiling faces, but I had no idea so many people HAD profile pics! Now I feel pressured to add one...but I want to stay anonymous, so I might add a kitty pic like someone I saw above. It would be just my luck if someone I know recognized me and realized that I'm ranting about THEM. So no profile pics for me, since I rant too much.

And I'm starting to think of some devilsh new implications for this 'tagging your posts' feature. Really...I want to be the first person to tag a thread as 'trainwreck!'

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Art - for your profile pic, just put something totally random. Like a picture of Alan Alda or a bucket of chicken. I have been having lots of fun with the tags; adding random pointless words to each post. (see my tags.) Its good times!!!

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 5:20 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I HATE that this site is SO slow!

MrsD-Where'd you find the information about the numbers online and guests?

OH-I just noticed "mary had a little lamb" as a tag under my signature photo! What the hell is up with that?

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine