A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 1,362 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2,746

Frenchmaid Posts : 10 Registered: 11/13/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 4:29 AM Go to message in response to: delete

check these out girls... for ideas and if you like them let me know!

http://recycler.com/details.aspx?adid=31709975

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=designer%20gowns

A dream is a goal without a deadline!

Be nice girls, the wedding lasts one day~ friendship lasts forever

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 11:22 AM Go to message in response to: Frenchmaid

go away you crazy troll.

real people only please!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Good day girls!

Natsha- I am so sorry to hear your grandma passed, at least you were there, and you know she was ok with it.

Wow I am so nervous about cutting my hair, I am so picky about it and the girl whos doing it I have never been to. But the salon has a website and a profile on all the people and it says she used to do like Melenie Griffith and other stars hair in Hollywood, so I think I shouldn't be too nervous right??

sweetp86 Posts : 8 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 3:43 PM Go to message in response to: delete

Heeeey Ladies
I have been lurking :O for a while...sorry but just wanted to add that you guys are not alone...

I am 22 years old and my FI is 23. Our wedding date is officially set for July 18, 20089 here where I reside in Little Rock,Arkansas. We get alot of negative feedback about our upcoming union but we know that our love for each other with surpass all things and that we are truely soulmates. Our families are really excited and our true friends are excited as well... sooo thats all that matters.

More details about my day:

My Theme is A tropical Elegance with colors.....Persimmon Orange, Watermelon Pink and White with accents of Red and Silver alot of BLING!!!!

We are have a really big wedding and it will be full of fun, elgance, romance and glam. I am sooo super excited about this day I have 8 months to finish preparations and my nervous arent getting any better...lol!

Here is my engagement ring:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
~1 Corinthians 13

NicholeK Posts : 2 Registered: 3/25/08
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: delete

I saw this forum and i knew i needed to join in! I just turned 20 and i have been engaged since 18, and have been with my fiance for 5 years, he is 22 now. We get so much guff since were so young and im only have way through college! But we dont care anymore. Were getting married Nov 7th 2009!! im so excited! congratualations to all of you! cant wait to hear about your weddings!

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: NicholeK

Welcome Nichole! We love to meet new people. We all know what you are going through! I am Natasha. I am 21. My fiance, Chace, is 22. We have been dating for almost 4 years and we are getting married in June 2010 or rather December 2010. Well the wedding is June and the reception is in December.

So, here is the story of how I almost missed my flight. Last night, Irina begs me to go out for a kind of goodbye celebration. I was SO hesitant because I had to leave for the airport at 3:00 AM and I didnt want to tempt it. After much convincing from Irina and Alisa, I decided to join them and go out. Big mistake. It was Irina, her boyfriend Andrei, Ekaterina, her boyfriend Peter, and my two cousins Alisa, and Maksim. So, apparently, Andrei and Irina fight all the time. She is wild. I wouldn't really know that because I don't see her.

Andrei and Irina got into this huge fight. It was so embarrassing. He walks away from her and she decides to drink. Which is fine, because that is her choice. Alisa and I are dancing together. Maksim is off flirting with random girls. Ekaterina and Peter are NOWHERE to be found. By now, it is 2:00. I realize, I need to go. I have to go home, grab my stuff, and then go to the airport. I go over to Irina, and I tell her, "We need to go now. It's 2:00." Irina is DRUNK out of her MIND. She can barely stand up straight. AND she was with some disgusting guy. He spoke English which was good because I DONT SPEAK RUSSIAN! He says, "What's the rush. Stay awhile. She is fine where she is." I said, "No, she isn't. She is coming with us. We are going." He fights me on that and keeps on saying no. I don't know what to do.

Honestly, I argued with him for like half an hour. I cant leave her because she is SO drunk. I cant leave Alisa alone with her because Alisa cant handle that by herself. I kept on trying to call Ekaterina and she wouldn't answer her phone. Maksim was too busy for us. So, of course, I am panicking. Then, Dmitry calls me and asks where I am and if I wasn't coming home to grab my stuff. What was I supposed to say? "No, Dmitry, I cant because Irina is drunk and some creepy guy wont let me take her home." Um. NO. So, I said we would be there soon.

Now, it is 3:00 AM. I see Maks leaving. Literally, I RAN to him and asked where he was going and he said he was leaving! WTF. These freaking shady ass Russian cousins of mine. I am SO pissed off at that point. I finally get a hold of Ekaterina, and she is HOME WITH PETER. HOME. So, they left Irina, Alisa, and me at the club, ALONE. I am resolved that I am going to miss my flight because I had an hour and twenty minutes to get Irina out that club, home, get my stuff, get to the airport, and check in. I think to myself. No, I am going home tonight, for Chace.

I walk over to that sleazy Russian dude. This is how our conversation went:

Me:
Get the f*** away from my cousin right now. I am taking her home.

Guy: No, she is staying with me.

Me: Listen, I have a flight to make and get home in less than an hour. I am desperate and NO ONE is going to stop me. Let her go. And get out of my way. Thank you.

I am 5'3 and 103 pounds soaking wet but Alisa said at that moment, I had so much power in me
that I scared him away!

I got Irina up. Alisa and I carried her to the car. I called my dad and told him to meet me at the airport. Alisa drove to the airport, I met Dmitry, grabbed my stuff, and went to check in. It was like 4 and if I was 20 minutes later, I would have missed my flight. Thankfully, I had a first class ticket and I got in and I was alright. I was SO pissed at Irina for drinking so much. She threw up all over the car. I talked to Alisa while I was in Frankfurt for 3 hours and she told me that Irina got into SO much trouble with her mom and her dad. Irina called me and apologized a million times. I know it was all in fun but she should have realized that it wasn't the time to drink all that much.

Ok. End of this post! Next post, I will tell you all about the surprise!

Nat (21) FH (22)

August 7, 2010!

CBM09 Posts : 121 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 1:00 AM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Welcome Nichole! this is a great forum...Whenever you need somewhere to let it all out, this is a great supportive place! Congrats and good luck...:)

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 1:37 AM Go to message in response to: CBM09

Hi Nichole! Welcome to the site :) Its actually a pretty slow day today but usually we're pretty talkative so check back often! Umm...my name is Mari but the girls on here call me KJ. FHs name is Kevin & we are both 18. I'm 10 months older. We've been together since November 9, 2006 and have been engaged since November 9, 2008. Our wedding date is May 30, 2010 which is the Sunday before Memorial Day.

Natasha: UGH! I would be SO pissed off at your cousin. I had a friend who used to pull stuff like that all the time. We'd go out to a party and she'd say "I'm only going to have two drinks. I just want to have fun." Next thing I know she'd be smashed and making out with a random guy. Annoying. SOOOO glad you made your flight though. Bet Chace was really surprised. Fill us in on the details!

Chic: Oh my gosh girl you better come back soon ... the suspense is killing me! I want pictures, I want details, I want it all! haha.

Okay here's what I'm doing for Xmas. Would you girls mind giving me your opinions?

Kevin: Buying him a new queen size Simmons Beautyrest World Class Edition with Pillow Top mattress. I did a bunch of a research and its been named #1 by multiple consumer report sites. I'm going to get a used headboard/footboard off of craigslist since our current bed is a full size futon. Then on Christmas eve (celebration with his whole family) I'm going to him one coupon for a new bedding set worth up to $75. On Christmas day give him another coupon for two new pillows worth up to $40. I'm going to try to have the bed delievered to the house as close to Xmas as possible, so probably the 23rd & get it all set up while he's out of the house. So he'll get a present the 23rd, 24th, and 25th.
My mom, his dad, his grandparents, his sister: His family doesn't do ANYTHING on Christmas, all their celebrations are on Xmas Eve. So we thought we'd decorate our new house and buy stockings for each family member. We'd invite the above people over for Christmas Day celebrations at our house (watch parade on tv, play games, eat food) and give them stuffed stockings as their present. My mom said she'll buy all the food as her gift to Kevin's family since they'll be hosting on Christmas Eve.

Those are the only people I'm doing presents for this year (thank goodness!) So what do you think? Are those good ideas? Since Kev's present is going to cost so much I'm trying to go cheaper with the family. Man...he really better get me my new phone for Christmas. And my bday is December 12th so I better get something good for that too! Haha.

Umm...what else?? I feel the need to write a long post since NOBODY HAS POSTED TODAY!!! ugh. slow boards suck. I picked up Beemer and I've decided to keep him. The family said they liked him but they didn't seem like they cared if they kept him or not. Does that make sense? I missed Beemer soo bad too. I knwo he's high energy but once we're in Springfield with a backyard and Nos around all the time, he'll be able to use his energy in a positive manner.

Alrighty, thats it.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

TrebleClefMelody Posts : 94 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 9:00 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Hey there beautiful BEAUTIFUL ladies!!!!! It has been a while since ive been on! :-( Ive really missed you guys. Ive just been sooooo busy!!! Planning my own wedding, helping one of my bridesmaids plan hers (which im the MOH, and she moved her wedding from june to january!!!!), planning her bridal shower, bachelorette party, working, overseeing two youth groups, my music, manaing lance and his dance ministry, CRAZY BUSY!!!!!!!!!! But its finally slowed down a bit. So i can come on her again! YAY ME! LOL

Hows everyone doing??????

OOOOOHHHHH!!! And lance and i changed the colors like a GAZILLION times 2 times! LOL But the final conclusion is..(drum roll please....)....a combo of each of our fav colors. Apple red, robins egg blue, accented with black and white! AND THE CROWD GOES WIIIIIILLLLLLLDDDDD! LOL

And to the ones i havent met yet....CONGRATS!!!!!! My name is Keeya, and my FH's name is Lance. I will be Mrs. Love (seriously, thats his last name.....LOL) on Sept 5, 2009. I reside in the heart of the US, KANSAS!!!! The DUBB K BABY!!!! WOOT WOOT! Ummmmm, what else can i tell ya?????......Ummm.....Yea. Nice to meet you!

I used to search for my dream guy, but my reality found me. He isnt my lifetime. He's my eternity

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

KJ- I'm glad that you decided to keep Beemer!!

Those Christmas presents sound good to me!

Here are the people we are buying for:
My mom
My Dad
Bretts Mom
Bretts Dad
Bretts Brother
Brothers Wife
New Niece
Bretts Grandma
Bretts Grandpa
Bretts Granny
Bretts Aunt on his Dads side
Bretts Aunt and Uncle on Moms side
Bretts other Aunt and Uncle on Moms side
And of course eachother...

So, it's a lot of people. I LOVE buying Christmas presents for people and I especially LOVE wrapping them. Last year we went all out and got a bunch of presents for everyone. But, yesterday Bretts Mom told us to make sure we do inexpensive presents this year. She knows that we are trying to save and that we just had all of those car problems. So most people are getting scrapbook mugs (mugs that you can put pictures inside of and decorate) that are personalized and photo calendars. They're fun to make and put pictures in for each different person and they only cost $5!

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Chic! I am waiting for your story, not so patiently!

Kj- I am glad you decided to keep Beemer. I think he will do great at your new house with the yard and such. Those presents sounds great! Its personal and cute and you can start your own traditions with Kevin and make that your thing, you know?

Trebleclef- Nice to meet you! I am glad things are slowing down! Gosh, your life sounds hectic! :) Those colours sound wonderful and glad you finally made a decision!

I wanted to write the surprise but the first story was SO long that I decided to wait.

So, by the time I got off the plane, went through customs, got my stuff, and got home, it was almost 2:00. I opened the door with my key and I was being SO quiet. I put my stuff down and I walked through the hall. I heard the TV on, so I knew Chace was either in the kitchen or the family room. In my house, everything is on one floor. The family room is at the back of the house and the kitchen is in the back in the middle.

Chloe heard me and she came to me. She was barking and I picked her up and kissed her. I missed her so much. She's so cute! Chace heard her barking and he was like, "Chloe, whats the matter? Why are you barking?" So I put her down and I was walking towards the kitchen and he was walking towards the door to find Chloe. Then, he saw me.

Honestly, I thought I was going to cry. I am 5'3. Chace is 6'1. It's funny cuz our height difference is huge. He was so surprised. He was shocked and I just laughed at him. He picked me up and just hugged me and he wouldnt let go. I told him to put me down and then I gave him a kiss. I missed him more than anything in this world. This is how our conversation went:

Chace: What are you doing here?

Me: I decided to catch an earlier flight and surprise you because I missed you so much. Are you surprised?

Chace: Uh, definitely. I missed you so much and I cant believe you're back.

Then, he grabbed me again and hugged me. It was so cute. So, my plan worked! Now, its going to be kind of TMI but whatever. We all know I am not exactly the most private person here! Well, we were both seriously sexually deprived. Two weeks is a LONG time for people who havent spent more than a night apart in years. I dont think I have EVER seen him take my clothes off so fast. We had sex and it was incredible.

Then, we laid in bed and talked. Seriously, we were in bed for like hours. When I came on here, I made him go get me something to eat cuz I was STARVING. We took a shower and then we went to see my parents because remember I never told them I was leaving. We went and had dinner at about 7:30. After dinner, I went to see Steph. I didnt talk to Steph when I was in Russia because it was really hard with the time difference. Steph and Mike are back together! Her decision. Whatever. We came home and I have never appreciated how great it feels to sleep with the man you love beside you.

It was the best feeling to wake up to him this morning. I am SO happy to be back home. I missed it!

Nat (21) FH (22)

August 7, 2010!

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Aww Natasha that is so cute! I can't wait to see Kevin again! He signed the lease on the house and I haven't even seen it yet so he says he's really nervous all the time, thinking about what my reaction to the house will be. haha. Okay well, I'm just checking in. My MOH & I are going out for sushi. I'm half dressed and my hairs not done, so I better get to it!

CHIC WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!

audra2013 Posts : 145 Registered: 6/18/08
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: NatashaAB

Ok lots to respond to...

First of all everyone's cakes look DELICIOUS! Love them and cheesecake sounds soo good. Those are great ideas!

As for the flowers for centerpieces thing- I wanted to do floating candles and flower petals in colored water in different shaped vases and bowls BUT I just went to a wedding where the bride did the same thing! ugh (and I've been engaged longer than she had too but her date was earlier so she got the idea) So now I'm trying to come up with something else. All I know is I want cadles EVERYWHERE. They give off the prettiest glow. I think instead of just a regular unity candle we're going to do this thing where everyone has a candle and the guest in the back row gets there's lit and they pass it thru the all the guests until everyone's candle is lit. Then the mother's come up with their candle and light the two candles that we use to light our candle. It's supposed to represent how everyone around you and in your life has helped you to become the couple you are today by supporting you and whatnot. What do you girls think? Fire hazard? lol

I want to see Chic's ring sooo bad! Congratulations!

Nicole I think it was? Congratulations and welcome to the boards. You have my DREAM wedding date by the way! Totally jealous of you. My name's Audra and I've been with my fiance, Josh since November 7th of 2005. We were going to get married on November 7 2009 but school is too tough for him right now and he wouldn't be able to take time off so now we're doing it this summer either in May or June (can you tell we were prepared for this bump up?) lol. It's all last minute, but it'll work out! How's your planning coming?

Natasha: You guys are going to have a blast these next couple of weeks. Absence makes the heart grow fonder! I think every couple should have a couple days apart at least every now and then, it makes everything sweeter.

Trebleclef: Welcome back!

ok wow that was long..sorry

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: audra2013

Ok Im back. Haha sorry I had the busiest weekend ever. So surprised, he was so calm all morning, so normal. The ring wasn't even supposed to be done getting sized, but they finished early and Nathan told me that he had to go to the gym and since he missed a workout, he would gone for a few hours. He really just drove really fast all the way to Moose Jaw to go get it. It was in the morning and Nathan told me he wanted to sing me a song but he always does so I wasn't suspicious. He sang Adam Sandler's song" I want to grow old with you" and I was kidding around and talking and talking about how nasty I am going to get and how saggy and grey, he probally wanted me to just shut up. Anyways, he asked me to turn around to grab his coat and I did, and when I turned around he was on one knee and I freaked out and cried and smiled and it was so amazing, so simple, so us:)
I will put pics on my blog in a minute!
http://landngetmarried.blogspot.com/

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

aww thats adorable!! yay! anxious for pics. how did your families respond? Well, i guess they kinda already knew since he talked to your parents but yeah.

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine