Floral Questions Answered

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 420

Frenchmaid Posts : 10 Registered: 11/13/08
Re: Floral Questions Answered
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 4:22 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

check these out girls... for ideas and if you like them let me know!

http://recycler.com/details.aspx?adid=31709975

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=designer%20gowns

A dream is a goal without a deadline!

Be nice girls, the wedding lasts one day~ friendship lasts forever

Thepalchers Posts : 146 Registered: 8/23/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: PinkHippo

I am getting married in June in South West FL. I am looking to DIY my bouquets and floral arrangements. I am going for simplicity, nothing too extravagant, my colors are Marine, White & pastel yellow. Are tropical flowers easier to work with? or harder? I am between using real flowers or silks simply because of last minute stress reasons, are there floral arrangements with real flowers that can be done a week in advance without wilting? or am I dreaming lol. Any advice will help. 

To be in love is the greatest gift of all, to be best friends with the person you'll always love is twice as nice, but to have a mature conversation about a disagreement is the most amazing thing I could ever ask for.
count down to your wedding

nightowl89 Posts : 44 Registered: 7/23/08
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Okay, so I feel a little stupid asking this, but I've found a bouquet that just seems absolutely perfect. There's just one problem. I can only identify two flowers...calla lilies and roses. The others look familiar but I can't place them. HELP!

Here it is.

wedding countdown

MasterFlorist Posts : 222 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: nightowl89

Ok first off.. what they HEY happened to the forums!! I couldn't have been away THAT long!! In any case, I 'm sorry I have been MIA. BTW, I have an annoucement to make.. I got engaged on 11/22/08! No planning yet since I want to let it sink in :P

BUT I still plan on answering your qestions so please be patient.

nightowl89 wrote:
Okay, so I feel a little stupid asking this, but I've found a bouquet that just seems absolutely perfect. There's just one problem. I can only identify two flowers...calla lilies and roses. The others look familiar but I can't place them. HELP!

Here it is.

wedding countdown

Visit my website

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Masterflorist - I love coming in and reading your advice! I just wanted to let you know while I was here that I don't think your reply posted, only the copy and paste from the previous poster. :) And congrats!!

10/26/08 

Soseh Posts : 4 Registered: 11/19/08
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

First off, Congratulations!

I got engaged July 3, 2008! Wedding will be October 25, 2009!
So many
questions about flowers, I read a few of your posts- but would like some more assistance.
I want simple but pretty centerpieces. I am trying to have a very low cost budget
with flowers, about $1200 would be my goal- and that’s everything… 2 church
centerpieces, about no more than 15 centerpieces, my maid of honor and my
flowers, oh a few simple items on the buffet table, and maybe just another
piece on the head table… only have 100-120 guests, and just a maid of honor, no
need for parents and grandparents to have flowers….

October means fall colors, means Orange… what can I do?!?! I
know I would like my flowers to be a big bunch of calia lilly- but what I can
do to try to make each centerpiece be no more than $30 a piece.

I will be getting married in Fresno, California.

Thank you for any help!

independant2406 Posts : 58 Registered: 12/8/08
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

I'm so glad I can ask a professional on this one! Could you help me identify these flowers? I'm sorry the picture is so small the origonal is in an album under my profile if you need it.

I know the yellow is a Calla Lilly, the big round ones are Gerbera Daisy (is there a special kind that are dark in the center like that?) I see a white daisy also.

I see some small red ones in there I assume are small mini rose buds? Also what are the bluish colored ones? they appear to be trumpet shaped but I can't figure out what they are??.

What are the small green round ones?

And how much would these flowers run per stem if purchased in bulk? (I'm thinking of using these flowers as decorations throughout the wedding ceremony and reception)

Sorry if that's too many questions and thanks for your help!!!!

luaulei Posts : 1 Registered: 2/19/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 1:05 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

MasterFlorist,

Congrats on your engagement! I hope that all of your wedding planning is going well. I am having trouble deciding what kinds of flowers (and flower colors) I want to use for my upcoming Northern California wedding ceremony this August. We will be getting married on a golf course, so we will be surrounded by lots and lots of green. My bridesmaids dresses follow a brown-ish scheme -- the primary color of the dress is a grayish-brownish color, and the sash is dark brown. Here is a picture of the dress:

I'm thinking of using peach, cream, and possibly light orange colored flowers (if they match), but I'm not sure if those colors are my best option or if a different color scheme would be a better match. I tend to like the "more expensive" types of flowers such as orchids (my favorite), calla lilies, stephanotis, and roses, but I'd like to complement the use of any of these flowers with other flowers that are less expensive. I'm trying to achieve an elegant and classy look without breaking the bank (perhaps with hand-tied bouquets). Do you have any suggestions to offer?

My wedding site also includes the use of an (undecorated) iron arch that I will need flowers for. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for decorating this arch? (Note: the orange leaves are not included)

I'm sure that you are extremely busy planning your wedding right now, so any suggestions that you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!

kwidener21 Posts : 98 Registered: 1/26/09
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

First off, Congrats on getting engaged! Now, on to my question! I saw online the "suken" flower for centerpieces, I absoutly LOVED... My colors are Chocolate brown, Light Gold, and Taupe, what flower would work good for this and how would I go about doing it?? Is there anything else that I can incorporate with this to add to the centerpiece?

Thanks!

Rachel426 Posts : 47 Registered: 6/19/08
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

MasterFlorist-First of all congratulations!! Here is a little background...I am using burnt orange BM dresses with chocolate brown sashes...we are getting married in Oct. 2009 in upstate SC. So I want want to use fall colors...my question is what color flowers should I use that would look great with the color of BM dresses that I have picked out. I love dalhias (spell) but Idk what type of flowers I want to use. Thank you for your help!!

Jonatshaja Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/09
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Congratulations on your Engagement! How exciting :)

Well Master Florist I have a few questions for you...I hope that you find some time amidst your own planning. I am getting married in May of 09'. My colors are robin egg blue and chocolate brown. The bridesmaids dresses are robin egg blue and the mens tuxes are chocolate brown w/ REB vest. My dress is ivory. Along with this color theme I have added cherry blossoms (think of a cherry blossom tree against a light blue sky) I was wondering about table decor for this... I really want to have pinks...but don't want this to be reminencent of a baby shower with the light blue and pinks...any ideas?
My flowers I am leaning toward are light pink cabbage roses and hydrangeas. I found a site that sells real live cherry blossom branches... Are there any other floral substitutes that can double as cherry blossoms other than silk ones that I can incorporate in my table settings? With the light pink introduced...do you have any suggestions for making sure my orig. colors,REB and CHOC brown are showcased as well?

I am a big fan of getting the most out of your dollar, so any money saving tips and suggestions are very welcome. Me and my future hubby are on a tight budget :)

danathebride Posts : 2 Registered: 3/14/09
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: Jonatshaja

danathebride Posts : 2 Registered: 3/14/09
Posted: Mar 14, 2009 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

I am getting married in Jamaica next May, and am considering using the colors coral, hot pink, and either lime or turquoise. I found a bouquet that I love (for myself). Can you please help me--can you tell me what flowers are in it? Also, what do you think is a reasonable cost for this bouquet? I would prefer to use silk so I don't have to worry about finding a florist in Jamaica, but do you think that will cost much more? Also, what kind of bouquet for the bridesmaids do you think would go well with this? Any information would help so much!!!

kmdiggy Posts : 1 Registered: 8/2/10
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 3:00 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Where can I find the galvanized buckets and lanterns in the navy table cloth picture? thanks!

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine