May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)

Online Users: 1,291 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,379

TigerBride515 Posts : 482 Registered: 10/15/08
Re: May 2009 Brides (or any 2009!!)
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Mobride - I love your cake! That's awesome!

preview image

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 9:53 AM Go to message in response to: MichelleandRob

Thanks Michelle!!! Smile

TigerBride, that venue is Gorgeous!!!!!! So pretty!!

dryden5 Posts : 330 Registered: 2/4/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Tigerbride----  My boss and I think white or off white table clothes with alternating napkin colors.  And decide on white or off by what you are wearing.  The candles I was thinking of even have the fragrence and they are like a pillar candle.
myspace wedding countdown

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: dryden5

Here is a site that has some candles

http://www.batteryoperatedcandles.net/

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: mobride09

Mobride, his favorite team is actually really random for living in Missouri. Ever since he was little he has liked the 49ers. He wanted us to have a maroon/gold wedding because that is their colors. I shut that down really fast haha.

Is anyone else waiting a little while for their honeymoon? FH and I found a cruise we want to go on that leaves exactly a week after my brithday. But if I want to be done with school an extra 8 weeks early I need to take classes this summer so I was afraid going on a cruise would keep me from getting the work done. It depends on the professor and if they would cut me some slack and let me make up work when I got back. Especially since I do not want to do school work on my honeymoon. Then my manager at work (although she had an entire month off for maternity leave) was acting funny about me taking off 3 days for the wedding then over 7 days a week later for the honeymoon.

Anyway, I found the same exact cruse leaving at the beginning of August. By then my classes for the summer would be over and I would get back before my last session were to start. MY FH is a teacher and coach though so I have to make sure that doesnt cut into his schedule. I know teachers have to go back by a certain day and he will have practices starting too. I am afraid they are going to run together and planning a honeymoon is going to be a pain!

WaynersGirl Posts : 6 Registered: 8/2/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

We're waiting to take our honeymoon Charlotte09 too.  My FH has to schedule his vacation for the whole year in April.  We'll go later in the year so he's not using it all at once and then has nothing to look forward to for other 11 months of the year.  I think it's more common now to wait that it used to be.  My brother and SIL also waited about 6 months to take theirs.

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

We are not waiting but I know a lot of people who have.  Maybe you guys can go somewhere close by like a bed & breakfast for a long weekend after the wedding and do your big honeymoon trip when it is more convenient. 

preview image

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: dryden5

Thanks Dryden that site was great. I think I might use your idea and do off white table clothes and get some of those lights to put under the table and glow through the linens. That would also give us some more lighting that we need.

preview image

nightowl89 Posts : 44 Registered: 7/23/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

FH and I will be waiting no matter which route we take because of school for me. I have to admit, we haven't exactly talked about it that much, since it is a little ways off.

wedding countdown

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 10:01 PM Go to message in response to: nightowl89

I talked to FH and most likely we are going to wait. My manager at work acted like I was asking for too long of a period so making the honeymoon a little while after the wedding might work better for work. However, it pisses me off that they will not work with me when the manager got a month or more off for maternity leave. I still think waiting will be good because classes wont be in session when we go on the honeymoon which means I risk nothing when it comes to school.

I am really mad about my work situation though. Working there is not my career though so if they wont let me have my time off for the honeymoon (especially since I am going over a month after my wedding) I will just quit. I am not going to skimp on my honeymoon for a job that I dont even want to do for the rest of my life. This will be FHs first vacation since he was very small (his family doesnt have much money) and it will be the first time for both of us to ever venture outside of the US. So we really want to make the trip special.

I have a question. What music are you all playing at your wedding ceremony? I am having two family members sing "No Place That Far" and "All I Ask of You." But as far as ceremony walking in and out music I have no idea. We are working on getting a string group and have a meeting with the entertainment company we are going to use next week. I am afraid I am going to go to the meeting clueless, which wont help them help me.

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 12:35 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

I'm in early planning stages, but I've been looking through some options. I personally found this Celtic version of Canon in D that I think I'm going to use because it's so beautiful and we'll be having a nod to the Scottish heritage (no kilts, just some family/district tartan accents) in both myself and FH anyway, so why not?

As for other music, there's always the traditional "Here Comes the Bride" and all that jazz. I would suggest looking up various kinds of classically-styled music to see what fits your personality.

wedding countdown

Frenchmaid Posts : 10 Registered: 11/13/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 1:04 AM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Hi dear,

don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, I just got married on august 31st and you have plenty of time to create the wedding of your dreams. If you are interested I am a wedding consultant and will help you for free.  I no longer practice that because of dental school... but I am selling all my wedding things check it out on craigs list:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/clo/915721222.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/clo/915718718.html

A dream is a goal without a deadline!

Be nice girls, the wedding lasts one day~ friendship lasts forever

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 9:13 AM Go to message in response to: TigerBride515

Tiger_ What we have done at past family weddings when setting up the head table is take the icecycle(sp) xmas lights and you place the linen cloth on top and as you go around with the skirtting for the table you pin the lights and the skirting on it together and they shine they from under the skirting.  Very pretty but inexpensive

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: dryden5

Ladies I am freaking out because my wedding dress is in! I am excited but also scared. I have been afraid since the beginning of time that my dress wont fit or it will look bad on. Of corse I tried it on but havent gotten to see it in the right size or color. In the bridal world that is just the way it is though so I had to take the plunge and order the dress and hope it works.

The shop is 30min away so my friend and I are hopefully going on Monday to pick it up, but I am so nervous!

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 12:41 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

Completely off on a tangent but still related...

In twenty minutes, it'll be exactly a year until I get married! I can't believe five months has already passed!

wedding countdown

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine