Dress Shopping- Opinions please!!!

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

aly829 Posts : 9 Registered: 11/11/08
Dress Shopping- Opinions please!!!
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 8:14 PM

I am a young bride (18 right now) will be 19 by the day of. And I have a very specific idea in mind for my dress. I feel like I will never find exactly what I want, and although I have barely started looking I sketched out what I would absolutely love to have. If y'all can give me advice on what particulars would be helpful in locating this style I would really appreciate it. Or maybe I am just going into this with too much already decided in my head. I don't want to be bridezilla... and I feel like I am being judged for being so picky because I am so young...
Anywhom, I am trying to attach the photo of my sketch

Message was edited by: aly819
Ok, so that is not working. Here is the flickr addy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32317156@N02/3023840006/ just be nice because it still show me as being logged in when you go to that link

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Re: Dress Shopping- Opinions please!!!
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: aly829

I looked at your dress through your link because the pic you posted is not showing. It looks very nice though.

Just married!
September 27, 2008

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

I can't see your sketch, but try on all different types of things, because you won't know what looks best on you. I brought a pic of a dress I loved to the dress shop, and it just didn't look right on. The more open minded you are, i think, the easier it is to find something perfect. Start with what you have in mind, but definitely try all kinds of stuff.

tessandnate09 Posts : 136 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I would have to agree with the PP. I had the same dilemma and couldn't find what I thought I want looking for. My Bridal consultant picked something out for me that I never thought would look good on me, and it turned out to be the dress I bought. So be open to suggestions, but don't go with soomething you really don't feel comfortable with because you thought it was what you wanted.

Have a good day.

The day he becomes my husband and I become his wife...September 5th 2009

aly829 Posts : 9 Registered: 11/11/08
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: tessandnate09

Thanks you guys. I will try to be open minded and just try on a bunch of stuff.

LAFilmBridegirl Posts : 4 Registered: 11/15/08
Posted: Nov 15, 2008 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: aly829

Try these guys alixkelly.com.  Their dresses are amazing.  They are both costume designers who have designed for major movie stars and now exactly how to make a woman look gorgeous - that's how I felt anyway.  Plus their bridesmaid dresses are amazing and my girls can keep them to wear as coctail dresses, so everyone wins.  They are (bonus) super nice and have incredible style.  check them out alixkelly.com

Evann Posts : 10 Registered: 11/14/08
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: aly829

It's great you already have some ideas about your wedding dress~I have seen your sketch,once my friend was the same as you.Gloria's bridal made a very beautiful sketch for her according to her ideas,and made the dress come ture!!it's so amazing that I also going to there!~~
Maybe you can also search some one for custom-made!Good luck.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: aly829

aly - Here's your sketch:
img013 by apryl_rutherford.

Mrs. Pinky

glitter-graphics.com

Our Wedding Website 

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: aly829

Watters STYLE 5096B Silk charmeuse bias gown with halter neck and freshwater pearl strands at neckline. Sweep train. Available in floor length or extra length.

Click to Close Window
a wedding website

Check out our site http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine