A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 1,245 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 8:14 PM Go to message in response to: countrylove816

thanks Country :)

well, as I said, I'm pretty sure it is going to happen xmas eve. FH's grandparents helped raise him, his sister, and his cousins. But now most the cousins have families on their own. Before that FHs grandparents used to foster kids and they would come back every xmas eve to catch up. So, for as long as anyone can remember Christmas Eve has been HUGE at FH's grandparents house. Like 100 people in their house huge. Its great. Everything starts at noon and runs late into the night. Its basically Christmas, but on Christmas eve. That way the next day everyone who is all grown up can go be with their spouses family/do things with their kids. Then on Christmas day, I have created the tradition that Kevin & I get some hours of "us" time. Then that night we (his immediate family) all pile in the car and go to ALL the Christmas light shows. It's really fun. I've been really trying to encourage my mom to come down there for Christmas. Because my mom is bipolar, she has pushed away everyone but me and doesn't really have any family to spend Xmas with. So I keep telling her to come down for the bid festivites there. I think this is when FH is going to propose and if his whole family is going to be there, I want my mom to be there! I even told her that. But she says she doesn't want to go because its just "too much" for her. So I'm not sure what to do. Glad someone else is in the same boat as me though!

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

countrylove816 Posts : 8 Registered: 11/3/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 9:11 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Thats one of my FH's biggest concerns about popping the question he wants my mom to be around but she lives like 5 hours away and we go take her a x-mas tree a couple weeks before x-mas so maybe he will do it them but the the rest of our family is up here and is equally important so its just one of those things he is going to have to figure out ;)

KatyG Posts : 21 Registered: 9/28/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Yeah, he's begging me for forgiveness now.. i don't quite know what to do.. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, the site kinda depressed me, seeing all the plans and stuff..I miss him and love him but I can't trust him not to leave again...

The Future Mrs. Glenn!

Photobucket

chicochik Posts : 236 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

Katy- hey girls, its ok. You have people in your reeal life to worry about dont worry about us virtual girls, we are fine. Well I think that if you cant trust him not to leave you now, how can you trust him to be a good father to your baby? Of course you love him! I would be surprised if you didnt. In the end it is your choice and only you will know whether or not he can handle the responsibility. Now the thing you must do is think about you and your baby. I know from a friend it is better to have a dad not in your life than one who is, but is always letting you down. Im not saying dont cut him out of your childs life or yours, just be cautious I guess. I hope things get better which ever you choose. Best wishes my dear.

Heyy so KJ I have been thinking, but however my creativeness ius wierd, it comes at randoms times, usually when I can't sleep and Ive been so tired lately.

One thing I think of is glitter spray. Your theme is so unique. Using cool colors with a fairytale theme, usually its all pinks and reds and golds.

I really love the look of tall centerpieces, for any wedding! So lovely and people can actually see eachother. Also using food coloring to dye the water is so pretty, then perhaps having a few candles along the bottom to add interest and the lovely warm glow.  I got some pics

I like the feathers but really love the vases! Instead of feathers you could do branches or flowers, depending on budget. But I think incorporating a peacock feather in your wedding would be SO lovely.

love the combo of branches and flowers, seems to be cheaper than full flowers.

or you could go for a more simple look and without flowers at all

just need twoo glasses, one for candle and the other for water with food coloring. These are not my original ideas but tell me what you liek then I can lean towards more of a certain area

Message was edited by: chicochik

wvabride Posts : 55 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:12 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

chic-I  love your idea with the glasses and candles. It is just so classy looking. If I ever get married I totally plan on using that idea. Is that okay?

Katy-I understand how you feel about taking you exFH back. but he didnt just abandon you, he abandoned your unborn child to. any guy that can do that, is not okay.

I'm sorry to everyone who has not been feeling well. Like it has already been said, push for answers and keep getting second opinions if it isn't what you want to hear.

I have been urged to end my membership here. my friends say its just making things worse. but, I like you ladies so much that I refuse to do it. It kinda feels like we are friends =D

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: wvabride

wva- please use any of my ideas freely, i am flattered.

If you need to leave we understand, but I totally refer to everyone as my online friends. Nathan and I were talking today and he asked me to stop talking about the engagement until it actually happens but he says i can still go here because i have my friends:) I think he is frustrated because I am getting SO ahead of myeslf and I understand and can appreciate that he is being honest with me. So you ladies get more talk!

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: wvabride

katy - i agree with all previous posts. but have my own views on it as well. as most of the girls no here know, my dad was never really a dad. sometimes he was in my life and other times he wasn't. it made things really confusing growing up. i felt like if i JUST did that ONE little thing right, he'd love me forever and never go away. so I kept striving for perfection. took me 17 years to figure out I didn't need to be perfect. as far as taking your exFH back goes -- FH and I broke up for a while (2 months) and we both dated other people during that time. We also set boundaries and rules. Since he had screwed me over I was REALLY harsh on him. My MOH & her FH went threw the same thing. He cheated on her three different times and lied a whole bunch. We basically were military hard asses on our men til they figured things out and PROVED they were worth our time and love. In the end, only you will know if your exFH is stable. Some people change, and others do not. But I do believe that it has not been nearly enough time for your exFH to TRULY do any changing. Guard your heart, and your baby.

Wvabride- :( i'll be sad if you leave. but you do whatever is needed for you to heal. alrighty? and yeah, we're virtual buddies :)

chic- love the ideas of using food coloring! I really want our centerpieces to be fairy tale related because I'm worried I'm not balancing it in there enough. So I was thinking wands, carriages, knights & princesses, idk.... Love the idea of the tall vases though. I thought about doing all the vases different. Like, garage sale hopping or something. So they're all different sizes, heights, and styles. But wasn't sure if that would be too much considering I'm already going to have a bunch of colors and various colored table runners. I also like the whole candles in floating water thing. Hmm...my FG will be throwing fake petals down the aisle that I'm going to dip in glue & then cover in sparkles. So maybe I could put sparkles in the colored water? I wonder if you can ever understand any of my ramblings. lol.   

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

projectmrscole Posts : 546 Registered: 12/29/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:41 PM Go to message in response to: chicochik

Nessa- your favors sound wonderful! Let us know what you decide on. :)

Kj- I hope that the gyn. can figure something out too! 

Okay girls....I am SOOOO excited right now! I ordered my wedding dress tonight! I went back in to try on the Marisa dress. As soon as I walked into the back I saw this other dress that I thought was GORGEOUS. I asked my bridal consultant if I could try it on. Once I put it on I knew that it was Perfect! It has a little bit of everything that I wanted. It has a little bit of sparkle, it has ruching, it has pick-ups but it still flows and isn't too poofy for me. It was just...IT! I still tried on the Marisa dress after but it just didn't feel the same. I'm so glad that I saw this other dress when I walked in. I think it was meant to be! And another good thing about the dress is that it is soo light! I honestly don't even really feel like I'm wearing anything. A lot of the other dresses I tried on were really heavy and I felt like they weighed me down. But this dress was just perfect and so comfortable. I think she said the fabric is silk. Here are pictures. There are a lot of them but I'm just too excited not to post them all! The pictures really don't do the dress justice. It is soo pretty in person! 

Front of the dress on the model. I ordered it strapless, so the straps will not be there. 

Back of the dress on the model. 

Front of the dress on me. We tucked the straps in so we could see how it would look strapless. Love it!

A closer picture. 

The detail on top. The picture is blurry :( but the detail on top is really pretty

The back of the dress on me (the train wasn't spread out all the way and there are clips because the dress was too big)

And a close up pic of the back. The reason I am posting this is because we are adding 20 buttons here where you see the line where the zipper is. When it comes in it will have the pretty buttons. :)

The buttons will look like this

The dress that I tried on was in Champagne which is like an Ivory color. The one that I ordered will be in Natural White, with no straps, and buttons. It's going to look so pretty when they get it all fitted. The one I tried on was a little too big for me. Anyway, I don't know if anyone is even going to read all this about a dress...but I'm just too excited not to be talking about it. Half of the dress is already paid for and it is supposed to be here by mid March or earlier! :-) 

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

project- I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :)  :)   :)  yay! I'm really glad you found your perfect dress! The one you tried on looks gorgeous, and I'm sure yours will look even more fantastic! That's a great idea with the buttons. Very romantic. :)

chic- FH has asked me the same question. He said, "babe. I haven't even proposed yet. So one question every now and then is ok. but can you cool it for a bit?" sooo I'm here :) lol. he says ok.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

OBAMA WON!!!!!

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 12:00 AM Go to message in response to: projectmrscole

Project- That dress is stunning. I love it SO much more than the Marisa dress. It looks amazing on you as well! Beautiful choice!

Nat (21) FH (22)

August 7, 2010!

Odenton21 Posts : 13 Registered: 11/5/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: delete

I must say.. Thank you.. I think its amazing.. im 17 and my fiancee is 18.. The women on this sight are brutal toward us and its nice to see that i have something in common with someone.

(*Future~Mrs.Ertter*)

aly829 Posts : 9 Registered: 11/11/08
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

Justkel, where did you find that bridsmaid dress, I love that style!

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: aly829

ahh Kj- i teared up a little:) So romantic, so wonderful. You two look so happy, I'm so happy for you!

Natasha- I hope things are ok in Russia

Mexican food is yummy and it has been sort of oh i dont know the word, umm.. commercialed? Its quite common and people do know what to do with it. I mean everyone has seen a taco!

Frenchmaid Posts : 10 Registered: 11/13/08
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 4:15 AM Go to message in response to: delete

check these out girls... for ideas and if you like them let me know!

http://recycler.com/details.aspx?adid=31709975

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=designer%20gowns

A dream is a goal without a deadline!

Be nice girls, the wedding lasts one day~ friendship lasts forever

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine