boudoir pics tomorrow! (update with pictures on page 2)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
boudoir pics tomorrow! (update with pictures on page 2)
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 1:41 PM

Well tomorrow is the big day, my boudoir photo shoot! i'm not too nervous yet, but tomorrow morning might be a different story ha ha ha!

i'm really excited about what i'm going to wear, old things that i've had and some new things that i just bought. but i'm worried about how to act in front of the camera! i've never done anything like this before! all of the pictures the photographer sent me the girls look so sexy, i'm afraid i'll get the deer in head lights look!

so to all you girls out there that have had them done what did you do to get comfortable and do you have any advice for me?

i'll be sure to post pics when i get them back...and if i like them of course! 

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Re: boudoir pics tomorrow! Any advice?
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I had a glass of wine before I went to mine to loosen up. But, my photographer was WONDERFUL and helped to direct me every step og th eway. At first I felt weird and like I was doing it wrong, but then you start to get into it. I had a BLAST doing it an dmy boudior photo album is amazing. DH said it was the best gift anyone had ever given him! (and I did ours for our 2nd anniversary)

Bless your own day, leave mine alone!Innocent

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: ginmal

no wine on hand so rum just might have to do ;) thanks for the advice, i haven't met me photographer in person yet. this is only because she's like the ONLY one in utah to do boudoir photos so i just went with her. i booked her like 6 months ago! she seems really nice and i read her blog daily, i feel like i really know her. i'm not a shy person so i think that should help.

i'm giving my DH the photo album for our one year anniversary, how am i ever going to top that? :)

dryden5 Posts : 330 Registered: 2/4/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 4:02 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I think its awesome I loved some of them other women on here posted they were beautiful....a great gift for your DH.  I would have to have a drink first because I am shy.
myspace wedding countdown

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 4:08 PM Go to message in response to: dryden5

All the people who have seen our boudoir photos (DH and I did them together! so hot!) are like, Krista who are you?! Our photographer just drew this intense sex kitten out of me. Your photographer will guide you with what to do - he or she has done this many time! Also, do what the photographer says even if you think it feels dumb. Ours kept telling us to twist up our bodies together into a human knot kind of. We thought it was dumb but the outcome was so sexy!

Just have fun! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

ooo krista! together? that sounds so hot...maybe that can be a future present for both of us...if he'd go for it!

follow photographers instructions even i think they're weird - CHECK!

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I didn't drink because it was early in the morning and I was going boating for the day. It is really hard for me personally to act "sexy". I guess my advice would be to practice sexy faces cause I had some good poses but my face looked dumb lol Good luck.

Just Married and loving it!

Pregnancy-DueDate.com - DueDate Calculators & Tickers

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

So........how'd it go?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

oh i had so so so much fun! i got up and pretended like i was getting ready for work so DH would have no idea that i was getting them done. DH left at 5:45 for work so i just finished drying my hair and waited around for Marie, my hair and make up lady. i got so nervous while i waited around for that hour and 15 minutes, but once she got there i calmed right down. i LOVED how my hair and make up turned out so i felt super confident and ready to pose!

i get lost going to the grocery store so i gave myself plenty of time to find her studio and guess what?! i found it right away, i was so proud of myself!

Opie (www.opiefoto.com) made me feel so comfortable and shes so cute! she really worked with me so i didn't look like a total gober and she loved the outfits i picked to wear. i didn't feel nervous at all and the shoot went by really quickly. she said that the pictures should be ready to look at in about two weeks and i want to post them but i dont want to go against any copy right laws so if i post that she took them and give her all the credit can i post the pictures and be okay?

if you're thinking about doing this you really should! i had so much fun and i know DH will like them! now i just have to decide if i want DH to pick out the pictures for his book or pick myself and surprise him on our anniversary...hmmm

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

How exciting! Can't wait to see the pics! (hope that doesn't sound weird haha) I've been wanting to do these for FH, he would totally love it, as he says that I don't do enough "sexy" things now. Well, I wear scrubs everyday and come home exhausted changing into sweats! Yeah, not sexy. But anyway, glad you had a great time!! If it were me, I'd surprise FH with the pics, I love surprising people! But he would probably pick out the better poses than I would! haha

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

How exciting!!! I'm glad it went well! I think YOU should pick them.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

Hi Savex, I'm glad it went well for you.  I did this as a wedding gift for my husband and I think you should let your husband pick out the photos he likes best.  His taste could, and probably will, be very different than yours.  My husband picked a few that I would not have picked at all and didn't pick some that I would have.  Trust me, the surprise won't be ruined at all.  Plus, he'll have a chance to look through ALL of the photos instead of just the few that you happen to pick out. 

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

thanks Tobi, i was kinda leaning towards him picking just because like you said we'd have different tastes about our favorite ones. i also judge myself harder than he does so some pictures that i HATE would be some that he loves. how did you DH react when you told him to pick?

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

My photographer had a really nice viewing room and we did it there.  He was shocked, giddy, and in the end...horny!  haha.  Doing something like that was very out of character for me.  He really was surprised.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

Here's the link to my photos.  To prove my point that it would be best to let your husband pick, I wouldn't have picked the first and third photos shown in my thread, but he did.  http://www.brides.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=410980&#410980

I opted to just do the white sheet and did framed art instead of a book.  The first picture is hung over our bed and the second picture was a smaller size and also hanging in our bedroom.  The fourth picture is hanging downstairs and the b/w photos (there's actually three of them) are hung in the bathroom.  Our house is like a freakin' Tobi museum!  haha   

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine