Thanks giving

Online Users: 1,345 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Gothicprincess Posts : 192 Registered: 3/3/07
Thanks giving
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 1:00 AM

morning ladies

so im doing thanksgiving for us and about 10 friends and i want to decorate the tables and stuff, but i have know how what to do it with. any suggestions would be good

http://daisypath.com"> src="http://da.daisypath.com/Ceiyp11.png" alt="DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80">

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Thanks giving
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 6:51 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

at the risk of sounding like I'm self-promoting... lol I have a bunch of table linens that I just used at my wedding that would work awesome for a thanksgiving dinner table! I'm trying to sell them atm. hehe Here's a couple of pictures:

One of the matching plaid tableclothes that I have:

and then I have matching napkins in orange, green, tan, and burgandy. :)  I also have 90x90 ivory table clothes I'd like to sell and 3 long burlap table runners, which would look cool on a thanksgivng table too. :)

More photos at http://s420.photobucket.com/albums/pp283/sarahandchris2008/

... now returning to your regular scheduled program.... hhehe :)

10/26/08 

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 6:58 AM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

ooh nice colours. the only prob with that is im way down under lol by the time they got here thanks giving would be over

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

Gothic - I really love Nala's table linens. They are perfect. If you cant get them in time, just pick up some kind of dark or fall themed linen like a winr colored red, orange or chocolate shade. It will give your table instant color. Then you can also use colored napkins - like brown tablecloth, orange napkins etc. Also, one of the prettiest and easiest and cheapest ways to decorate a table is with FOOD; specifically fruits in Jars, bowls, vases, etc. Like this:

You could also use large wide wine glasses and fill them with hard berries surrounding a votive candle. A mixture of these things would be perfect and very simple to do. Here are some more ideas for decor:

I love this one above,and its super easy. Just get pears and apples or whatever you want, cut a hole on one side and insert the tealight candle. Place inside a large plate with some berries and presto! Instant Martha Stewart.

You can also mix fruit and flowers like this one above.

What other kind of ideas are you looking for? I love this kind of stuff, and really it all depends on how casual or formal you want to be. You could also make fun placecards and things like that. Even do inexpensive party favors for your guests. Thats whats great about having a set number of people. You cna really make them feel special. Thats what I love doing when we have dinner parties.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

aw thanks kelley. thats some very awesome ideas

I really have no idea what i want. We are all aussie except my hubby and one canadian friend. im down with all i have to cook. which is easy as since we have a usa food store here, that sells everything we need.  i just want it to be special and spiffy and colourful

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 11:20 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

If you have clear vases, you can buy fake red berries at craft shops and fill the vases with those, put a candle on top.

I am a big fan of table runners, just a strip of cloth down the middle of the table with the vases lined on there. And I've also seen candles in the shape of leaves or turkeys or any thanksgiving things, you could alternate the arrangements.

Good luck!  We'll be doing the same so I'll be thinking of ideas as well! 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

Beach- I described the votive candle with berries inside of a wine glass or jar but I couldnt find a good picture of it. Thanks for posting it. Thats one of my favorite centerpieces. The thing about ALL these ideas Gothic- is they are all SIMPLE and inexpensive and you dont have to get too creative to put it together, it just LOOKs creative.:) So have fun.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

all of that is super pretty too! :) Those berries with the ivory candle are really pretty.  They'd look good with cranberries in them too and you wouldn't have to buy fake!

10/26/08 

dryden5 Posts : 330 Registered: 2/4/08
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Big Lots  and Hobby Lobby around here have things on sale/fall things for like 60-75% off/  If that helps but I like the galsses and berries with candle ideas and maybe the table clothes if you need imexpemsive ones maybe try flat sheets
myspace wedding countdown

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 9:27 PM Go to message in response to: Beachwed

thanks so much for all the ideas, i think im going to do the berries in a vase one. it just looks so pretty

Posted: Nov 21, 2008 6:08 AM Go to message in response to: Gothicprincess

21112008318.jpg picture by Donny11

What everyone think? does it look ok
thats one table, i have no idea what to do on the other table tho.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine