NWR- Twilighters

Online Users: 1,282 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 27

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
NWR- Twilighters
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 7:17 AM

are there any other twilighters on here other than me?  i am obsessed with the series and counting down to the movie daily!  

i apologize if this is posted anywhere else, i haven't seen the topic 

MrsTaraschi Posts : 190 Registered: 10/11/07
Re: NWR- Twilighters
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 9:21 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

I havent had a chance to read any of the book yet, but want to.  I bought the first book for my 12 year old and she loves it and is talking about wanting to see the movie.  When does it come out, is it mid November?

cristine Posts : 45 Registered: 7/5/07
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

i have just started twilight at the suggestion from one of my students.....and im falling in love with it!  

Posted: Nov 1, 2008 6:34 PM Go to message in response to: cristine

the movie comes out nov 21st so 19 days, i am totally counting!

cristine wait until you get into it, i mean the books as a series are hard to escape!

i read all the books in a week which is saying a lot.  the last book is almost 800 pages and i read it in a day 

i just couldn't stop! 

LadyE2010 Posts : 83 Registered: 10/30/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

O my gosh!  I am totally in love with this series.  I have read and reread it about 3 times already.  I cannot wait until the movie comes out, and I am obsessed.  It is such a great mix of fantasy and romance!!!

Message was edited by: LadyE2010

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

I am one!!  I actually cannot STAND the books, however I cant seem to put them down when I start.  Bella and Edwards relationship makes me wanna puke and I always have to remind myself that its just a book!!  My sister and I are going to see the movie when it comes out. I got her into the books. I am almost done w/ Eclipse and will probably start Breaking Dawn soon. 

Does anyone else think their relationship is really annoying sometimes??

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

NJ4Life, so you have a love/hate relationship going on with the series? Haha.  I think that their relationship is what keeps the books going, but I would love to hear what about their relationship you find so annoying.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: LadyE2010

Well i know it's just a story but I HATE how she doesn't seem to function properly when he leaves for one stinkin' day.  He goes "hunting" and she is like "I dont know what to do with myself"  REALLY?? And they just seem to have this sickening thing going on that is too much for high school.  And she doesnt ever want to spend time with her friends....and now Im reading when they are about to fight Victoria and she makes him stay behind with her....I think she is kinda a horrible femail main character. Not self-sufficient and too dependent.  I suppose thats the point though!

I dont think they are in love, I think it is obsession.  I just really hope she never becomes a vampire....it makes me sad to think what she'd be giving up....and I think she knows that too.

Posted: Nov 3, 2008 7:51 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I can see your point about her being totally dependent on Edward, but it is just a story, and I can definitely not get enough of it.

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 8:18 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

wow just when i thought this thread was deader than dead

i'm glad you girls like it too!

NJ give breaking dawn a chance bella is typical of first love but she really comes into her own in the last book

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 8:21 AM Go to message in response to: LadyE2010

oh and Lady i am with you. i am rereading the series now 

i think when i see the movie i will want to read the first book a 3rd time from my perspective with the faces of the movie characters in my mind

i bought the movie companion book, it is about the making of the film and it also has a ton of glossy pictures.  yay

i feel so 13   haha

today is the day that the soundtrack is released so i woke up early to go get it!! hahahha

i read on stephanie meyer's official website that inside the soundtrack cd's there will be one of 4 collectible posters, i hope i get a good one!  LMAO 

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

Oh I will read the 4th book when I finish Eclipse. I really liked the 1st book b/c it felt very mysterious, and I love anything with vampires. Then as the books went on I felt more and more annoyed. But its like I can't stop reading.

I think a lot of my annoyance is b/c its geared towards 14 yr olds and it's very wordy. LOTS of dialogue so you dont have to think too much.  And I guess Im just not used to that style of writing. BUt I feel like there are 5-6 page long dialogues that go like this:

"I love you more"

"No I love YOU more"

"NO I love YOU more"

"you hang up"

"no YOU hang up!"

I like Bella's relationship with Jacob though.  I like Jacob. 

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

ROFL

my favorite i think is eclipse.  

i did get the soundtrack this morning.  it's not even music i would typically like (aside from iron and wine- i love them) but i had to buy it because it was twilight related

i got the edward poster which pleases me LOL 

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 12:53 PM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

There are a bunch of cast pics on ew.com.  The Jacob character is quite creepy looking, however he looks like Jacob would look.  Alice's character looks kinda like I pictured although I pictured her smaller. Im not sure how I feel about Edward's character....I didnt picture him that way so now I am nervous that I am going to picutre the actor now instead of how I like to picture him. Bella is pretty spot on....so is Carlisle.

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

HA! my daughter and her FH and I are reading the series! I get the damn book last thought..ARRRRGH. My daughter reads it first then Chris then me. lol. I'm just finishing up the first book.  LOVE IT!

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine