BLOOPERS FROM YOUR WEDDING!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 38

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re: BLOOPERS FROM YOUR WEDDING!
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: MrsLewis

Mrs. Lewis-That's too funny! So they just left the other names up there?! Haha!

Mrslinnben-Not too bad. I still remember the one that was just posted with the best man and bride falling into the water!

TheNewMrsJ-My Mom used to call me and my two siblings invariably! I bet that was a riot!

nanette-I can't imagine the baby dangling out of your daughter's arms! Too funny! And I thought your cake was beautiful!

brideincanada-You had a few bloopers, too! I would have been so embarrassed had I noticed the waiter tripping!

luv-Regardless whether your professional artist showed up or not-you looked beautiful!  

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Message was edited by: RanAway2Maine

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Our "bloopers" were:

1) EH & BM forgot my wedding band!! So I ended up getting married w/ my e-ring. Which is fine with me b/c I want and am getting a new band on our anniversary anyway. :p

2) EH wanted a cookie cake for his groomscake but ended up getting an ice cream cake. By the time we cut the cake, his cake was melted. :(

3) His mom showed up AFTER the ceremony.

4) Our BM stayed the night with us on our wedding night. DOWNSTAIRS but still...

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Awww-Excellent husband's cake melted? What a bummer!

Why did his Mom show up after the ceremony?

One of your bridesmaids slept over on your wedding night? That would have been perfectly fine with us because after our wedding, we were so exhausted we crashed as SOON as we got home. We didn't even open any of our gift cards!!

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Yeah I plan to get him a cookie cake for our 1 yr.

His mom showed up after the ceremony b/c she was driving from Austin and showed up late. Plus she's one of those ppl who are NEVER on time. You know the kind I'm sure.

And our Best Man stayed. Not bridesmaid.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Oops! Too much Halloween candy is getting me all messed up!

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

oh it was a riot! that was probably the funniest of our 'bloopers' - we had a few that almost turned diasterous.

my mom sprayed my hair with water instead of hairspray cuz the bottle got mixed up and she had issues all morning with the reception hall cuz we paid them extra for the setup we wanted, but half the chairs didn't allow for people's knees to go under the table and they were giving her a hard time about fixing it.

and she melted part of my veil too, but no biggie - i wasn't wild about the thing anyway!

and my bustle kept falling down most of the reception too, lol

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

"Plus she's one of those ppl who are NEVER on time. You know the kind I'm sure"

raises hand
im one of those people! hehe... drives DH nuts alllllllll the time cuz he's used to always being early, even though he was one of the people that voted me most likely to be late to my own funeral back in high school, so he knew what he was getting himself into, lol...

on my wedding night, a BM stayed with me the night before, as she lived about 45 min away and didn't wanna hafta to drive up here in her getup and we had hair appointments at the same place. she mad sure i was out the door for my hair appointment 15-20 min before, when it's literally a 5 min drive away, lol...

countdown to your wedding

*September 13, 2008 *

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

Oh No! Water instead of hairspray? OMG-My hair would have frizzed out totally!

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

New MrsJ - smack My BFF is exactly the same way!!! Drive me crazy...We tell her to be there an HOUR early when something starts. We all know we're meeting at 7 but be sure to tell Lindsay 6. Oh I know! And she shows up "on time" only because we tell her to be there early....

Were you late for your wedding?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

We had a couple bloopers:

1. Our minister (my childhood friend's dad that I've known my whole life) was SO nervous so he started telling REALLY corny jokes in the ceremony... I'm talking "How you doin?" ala Joey from Friends. I was mortified and couldn't watch our video for a few months... It still makes me cringe!!

2. During the bouquet toss, my husband's (weird and socially awkward) cousin literally LEAPED like four feet to catch the bouquet and steal it from the girl who actually caught it!!!! It was a little catfight until my friend ended up with it!

I guess if those two things are the worst that happened, we had a pretty good night :)

SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://www.josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer/

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Linda, you come up with the most fun threads! lol.

So here's my story...

I totally forgot until the morning of my wedding that I hadn't gotten my nails done, so one of my bms and my moh rushed around with me trying to find somewhere to do it! When they finally found a place, they left me there to go get all of our stuff so we could go straight to the church. Good plan...except for they couldn't remember how to get back to the nail place and couldn't get ahold of me because I'd left my phone at the house! Fortunately they found me and we got to the church in plenty of time.

So I got my hair and makeup done without issue, went to put on my dress...and no underskirt! It was 20 minutes away at the apartment! So one of my friends who had come early to help took my keys and went to get it for me. She got pulled over on the way back too! But fortunately the cop was understanding and let her go! So all my pre-ceremony pics are without the underskirt! lol. Thankfully, she got back in plenty of time for my bms to get it on me before the ceremony. They decided that they weren't going to undress me to put the skirt back on, so two of them held my dress up over my head and my MOH (my sister, lol) got underneath and actually put it on. It was really quite funny...

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

omg that picture is halirous!!!

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

You're right-it wasn't so bad. It could've turned into a nasty catfight!

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

OH NO, ryanne-

That must've been frustrating! That is precisely why I'm so high on making TO DO lists!

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Oh my....Here we go!!  Our wedding was perfect:  Perfectly Wrong!!

Not one little tiny detail!! Honestly, there wasn't one tiny detail that wasn't mucked up somehow:  but here's a few!!

*Hubby and my brother's girlfriend got the photographer to open the bathroom door:  yep, me on the pot in wedding dress!!!

*I mooned about 10 people...mostly guys.  Who in the hell walks around in the back yard!!  I had our back door open (at a B&B) and was bustling my dress...one guy(co-worker) jumped about 5 feet in the air!!...

*I booked two caterers. I didn't know there were two restaurants with the same  name in town...it's family and they hate one another...(this was before wedding day)

*Beautiful french doors out to the gazebo...that's where everyone was suppose to walk out from...NOT THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING!! wtf!!  These people were not paying attention at rehersal!!

*It just popped out of my mouth...I asked the judge(personal friend of hubbies) "How come he didn't have to promise to as much things as I did?" Something like that anyways.

*DJ never showed...still haven't gotten my money back!!

*My brother thought our cake fell over or melted and told his girlfriend to keep me away...(I told everyone I wanted to see the cake when it got there...It was totally awesome...and the grooms cake too).  Our cake was suppose to look "fallen over"...My brother's girlfriend finally just yelled out.(.after trying to keep me away and I asked:  "What's Wrong with My Cake!!" ):  "I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CAKE!!  YOUR BROTHER'S FIXING IT!!!"...

oh, f*n bubbles(ha ha..if you ever read my post of wedding funnies....I gotta go....boss is calling!!)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;443/st/20080322/e/Our+Wedding/k/e567/event.png[/img]
[/url]

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine