October 2009 brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 506

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Re: October 2009 brides
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Yay for October 2009 brides! I guess I'm the only 10/9/09 bride here.  My dress came in Monday so I'm very excited to go pay it off and pick it up till I have my fittings  :)

wedding count down

MisOctober Posts : 167 Registered: 5/2/07
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Congratulations FutureMrsCP3!! And we are wedding date twins!!
When is my wedding

OctoberBride2B Posts : 3 Registered: 6/2/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

I am October 17, 2009 and I cannot WAIT!!! Laughing

We have booked the ceremony and reception sites, the officiant, the DJ, video, photographer, AND I bought The Dress!!  It may sound like I am way ahead fo myself, but where I live there are very few weekend options left and I wanted to make sure I had my pick of vendors, not jsut having to take whoever is left.

Besides, now I can spend my time daydreaming about the details....like the guest welcome baskets and bridesmaids favors.  This wedding stuff is so fun I wish I could have more than one, but I am hanging onto my guy forever!!  LOL totally worth only having one wedding to get to keep him.

halloweenexcite... Posts : 95 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

I am B and I are getting married Oct 17, 2009. Which for us here in Ohio is sweetest day, very busy(smaller version of valentines). I have booked church, reception hall, photographer and DJ, plus a co-worker of mine offered to do our cake as the wedding gift. We are trying to get things on sale now. We are having a halloween party reception and I found to card designs we can make ourselves. So I am trying to plan as much now.

Kiss Life is a celebration, enjoy every moment! Allow others to celebrate with you.

Fran 

krchapman Posts : 3 Registered: 7/7/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: Tsarmina

October 24th?  ME ME ME!  10/24/09 at Myrtle Beach, SC.  I live in Charlotte but my guy wanted to get married at the beach (he is from CA so he grew up on the beach). 

We ended up hiring a wedding planner since the wedding is not going to be local so that helped us get a lot of stuff done already.  I bought my dress a few weeks ago (it was the first 1 I tried on) and going to pick it up TONIGHT, got the cake (cupcakes!), trying to decide on the photographer we are going to use (it's a toss up between Andy at Gene Ho and Gillian at Carolina Studio - they are both GREAT!), reserved the photo booth for the reception, reserved the florist...now we just need to find the house on the beach to have the ceremony and reception, a DJ, and a hair/makeup person.  My maid of honor is a graphics designer so she is doing the invites and my guy's dad works for a food company so he is taking care of all the catering.  Now if I can just get the girls to decide on a dress!  I think I am going to pick the fabric/color/designer then let the girls pick whatever style dress they want. 

What are you guys doing about the bridesmaid dresses?  Same dress across the board, different colors, any style favorites???

Shanin Posts : 1 Registered: 7/17/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

October 17, 2009 here!

We have the ceremony/reception cite booked. I have bought my dress. Booked the DJ and very close with the photographer. Going  bridesmaid dress shopping in a couple weeks. We are getting married in a Knights of Columbus hall so we have to decorate. Doing a Fall theme. Pumpkins and leaves, etc. Everything is going very smoothly, thank god!

bonita1924 Posts : 2 Registered: 2/23/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

Im getting married october 3, 2009 and im trying to get everything in order.it can be stressful at times

bonita1924 Posts : 2 Registered: 2/23/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

Im getting married october 3, 2009 and im trying to get everything in order.it can be stressful at times

HBJenn Posts : 1 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

Hello everyone. I just set my date - October 3rd, 2009 so I'm excited to join your board. I have been engaged since April and while we knew right away that we wanted to get married in October, we spent the last 6 months visiting a zillion venue sites in So Cal and just finally made our decision. I have the ceremony and reception site booked but that's it.

It's great to see what the rest of you Oct brides have accomplished - it gets me motivated to start crossing things off my list. I am just a little worried about picking dress, decor, and flowers so early - what if I change my mind?

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: krchapman

Yay October 24th!!

I'm doing the same BM dresses for all my girls... I think having different ones for everyone looks really cool but I'm a sucker for the traditional uniform look. I know they're going to be cranberry, strapless, and floor-length, but I haven't settled on one yet.

richaela Posts : 1 Registered: 10/20/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 1:08 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

Just got engaged on 10/17 and am getting married on 10/17.  Have the reception site, the cater, our minister, but no luck with the cermony site.  All others are pretty much falling into place but with such a small community I'm limited on my choices.

Bubbles14 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

Hello October 2009 Brides. I'm getting married on Oct 3, 2009 in Texas. We have alot planned and picked out. Just waiting till after the holidays to really start spending for it all. All we really need is to find someone to marry us and everything else is set, I even have my dress that a lady had made.

Bubbles14 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/29/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

kkg Posts : 1 Registered: 4/28/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

My wedding is 10/10/10 and I've already started planning!! It's never to early. So far we've booked the church and the reception hall!!!

mouserrano Posts : 25 Registered: 10/7/08
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

I AM IN THE BEGINNING STAGES OF PLANNING OUR OCTOBER 2009 WEDDNG. WE ARE STILL NOT SET ON THE DATE. SO FAR WE ACTUALLY LIKE HALLOWEEN! WE WOULD LOVE IDEAS. OUR SITE ISN'T EVEN UP YET, AS I SAID BEGINNING!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine