MAGGIE SOTTERO (MONALISA ROYALE)!!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 86

ItlnPrncss Posts : 89 Registered: 4/8/08
Re: MAGGIE SOTTERO (MONALISA ROYALE)!!!!
Posted: Oct 22, 2008 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

cyadi I just had some more time and looked back at your photo.  You actually can see the sparkles in the dress if you look at it really good.  it's hard with pictures sometimes it all depends on the light and the camera for all of the detailing to show up. It's such a beautiful dress.

I can't wait to finally see it in person.

cyadi83 Posts : 68 Registered: 7/18/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 12:12 AM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

Thanks FutureMrsCP3. I'm so excited. 6 weeks 'till my wedding!

The seamstress had to fix the hem at the bottom. She's just taking off about and inch 1/2 from the bottom and only in the front part. She's also doing the bustle and adding "boobies" to the inside of the corset. I wasn't filling it in quite well Frown.

It took my dress 4 months to come in. I think it all depends on the store you're getting it from. I was freaking out because I read on these boards that Maggie dresses take at least 6 months to come in, and I ordered mine in July! I called the shop manager and he assured me that the dress would be here on time. It came in Oct 15Laughing.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: cyadi83

Well the sample dress came in today and I got to try it on.  Today I tried on the satin white/pewter.  It is so beautiful in person so I can't wait to try on the ivory one tomorrow.  I think that I might go with the ivory but I won't know for sure until I try it tomorrow. 

The beading was just enough and was just so pretty.

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: ItlnPrncss

ltln where are the pics??? Although mine is not the actual Mona Lisa it is close enough! I can't decide if I want to make it into a corset back. I originally told myself I wouldn't even buy a dress if it was not a corset back, but then again I also said I would NEVER buy a dress with pick ups! But once I tried it on, I fell in love!

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Well I don't have any pictures of me in the ivory dress....The damn lady at the dress shop wouldn't let me take a photo.  My MOH took a picture of me last month in the all white dress but she hasn't given the pics to me YET!!! I've asked for them but still nothing.

I really liked the ivory/pewter.....I'm just kinda down in the dumps my mom wouldn't give me her opinion and just sat there looking at me with a blank stare.  She says she liked it but she's pretty much been no help to me all along.  None of the bridesmaids are helping me either, AT ALL...Just wanted some opinions that's all.  I think I need a gay guy as my friend to come and help me...Do they rent them out????  I wish it were that easy...LOL!!

Just sucks, all of you girls are so helpful and I don't have the pictures to put on here and get your opinions.....Oh well, I will just have to do it on my own and hope for the best.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 9:31 PM Go to message in response to: ItlnPrncss

Just wanted to share the news....I finally ordered my dress on Saturday!   I ordered the Monalisa Royale in the ivory/pewter satin.  I'm so excited.  The shop that had the ivory one wouldn't let me take any photos but the lady where I bought the dress from let me take pics in  the white/pewter one.  I am having a problem with the computer reading the card so I can't put them on here yet.  But as soon as I have them I will post them.

Now I have to pick the bridesmaid dresses by the end of November...LOL  Any ideas????

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Oct 27, 2008 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: ItlnPrncss

YAY! Congrats on ordering it!

I've been having the bridesmaid dress delimma too... I'm not sure what would look best with it, so I'm open to ideas too :)

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

yea that's what i was trying to figure out to.  i think something a-line would look good. just can't find anything just yet.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 8:51 PM Go to message in response to: ItlnPrncss

I wanted to get something with a sweatheart neckline to match mine, but I'm having a really hard time finding any I like.

I do really like this one though (but in floor-length). In this color too. Do you think it would look funny with the monalisa?

EDIT: Ok it didn't post... lets try this again

Message was edited by: FutureMrsCP3

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

I like that one, but definitely in the floor length version.  I wanted a sweatheart top for the girls too, but my MOH is really big busted and was falling out of them.  So I am going to get the straight across the top look which will help from the girls falling out. 

Who makes that dress?  I like the rhinestone clip on it too. 

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: ItlnPrncss

It's a wtoo by waters I think (the link is on my other computer so I'm not positive)

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: ItlnPrncss

So I got a phone call this weekend that my dress came in!!! I have an appointment Saturday to try it on, so I'll post pictures then. I'm so excited :)

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

So I went and tried on my dress yesterday, and it fit perfectly (length and everything)!! It was so much more sparkley and pretty than the sample one was... the lady at the bridal shop said that's because the sample has been tried on so many times it's a little worn out.
My cousin was taking pictures, and for some reason she only got ones when I was making weird or mean faces, but whatever you can see the dress pretty well in some of them. Of course the pics still don't do it justice.

The front:
DSCN1660.jpg picture by JeWareGT

The back:
DSCN1658.jpg picture by JeWareGT

The bustle:
DSCN1664.jpg picture by JeWareGT
DSCN1667.jpg picture by JeWareGT

Holding the hair clip thingies I'm gonna wear... it's blurry but it shows the color better than the other onesDSCN1669.jpg picture by JeWareGT

Ok last one... my cousin was trying to be artistic with this one, but its a good shot of the detail on the bottom
DSCN1672.jpg picture by JeWareGT

Edited by: FutureMrsCP3 on Nov 16, 2008 5:28 PM
Edited by: FutureMrsCP3 on Nov 16, 2008 5:30 PM

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 8:00 PM Go to message in response to: MrsCP3

FMCP3 Your dress looks soooo beautiful! I love it. You go the ivory, right? It looks white in the pictures. Do you have the dress at home with you? I can't wait for mine to come in. It should be here in about 2 more months. I think I am going to add the corset back to it. I always said my dress had to have a corset back, but then I put on the dress I got and loved it so much I didn't care. I wonder how much that costs. Anyways, congats on getting your dress! It looks amazing.

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Thanks so much! Yeah it's ivory but it's a really soft ivory. I love it :) The bridal shop is actually keeping it for me for the next year for free, they said it wasn't a problem which is great because I live with FH and I'm not positive that he wouldn't snoop.

I can't wait to see yours when it comes in!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine