I'm officially a Mrs.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
I'm officially a Mrs.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 1:39 AM

So, here's how the day turned out.

12:30- Hair appointment. Updo took two hours, but came out beautiful.

2:00- Rush home to wait for bouquet. Got it, and the flowers were the WRONG COLOR. I kid you not. Wrong color and wrong bouquet. But I made do.

3- BM's came over.

4:30- Went to hall. Had pictures taken. Told cute/funny story about my niece and said she was like her mother (meaning personality/cuteness wise).

6:45- I walked in and became a Mrs.

And so on and so on. So, we went to my husband's parents so he could change. And upstairs, I overhear his mother and sister talking about me. That cute story? Apparently my MOH told her I was being rude about it, and left out that I said it was cute. And other things... we came upstairs and they were like, "how long have you been here?" I didn't say anything. I'm going to tomorrow before we go to the honeymoon. I'm hoping and praying that I say the right words tomorrow. I also have my BM's numbers handy so I can have his mother and sister call the other girls and my father to prove that I never said what MOH claimed I did.

I didn't give her her gift. I was planning to tomorrow at brunch. I have since decided that buying her dress, which she is wearing in another wedding, is her present. Considering she told SIL I "said her daughter stalked off in a huff" (I said she got huffy) and made it sound like I was being derogatory and rude, I do not think she deserves anything. I can only pray that she gets her just desserts, and leave it up to God. I am, however, going to confront MIL and SIL tomorrow, and tell them what really happened, before I tell them both I want nothing to do with their so-called Christian hypocrisy.

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

soontobemrsnye Posts : 240 Registered: 3/2/08
Re: I'm officially a Mrs.
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 8:01 AM Go to message in response to: Lorilee

pictures.........?!

Just Married and loving it!

Pregnancy-DueDate.com - DueDate Calculators & Tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 8:26 AM Go to message in response to: Lorilee

Congrats on the wedding.  Sorry that MOH was so horrible, but now you don't have to have anything more to do with her.

Congrats again!!

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 8:56 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Congrats on the wedding! Just remember that the most important thing is that you're now married!

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

I'm sorry you had drama on your big day, but I'm glad everything went smoothly!

Hey, HOW wrong were your flowers?? Like Really wrong? I wonder if you overpaid for it too! I hope you're going to look in to THAT one!

Can't wait to see the first photos! :) 

http://www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 13, 2008 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: Lorilee

Sorry about the drama, how else did the day go? How was the reception? How was EH?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website 

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 9:45 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Now that I've returned from the honeymoon...

The flowers were white. I paid for champagne roses, and for orchids for my stepmother. She ended up wearing red roses, while my champage bouquet ended up being white. I took it in stride, but I did overpay. My florist was good about it, though; she sent us a basket in the honeymoon suite for free, and I made do with it.

EH was fantastic. He told his mother and SIL off, and I ended up contacting the other BM's to tell me if I honestly sounded rude. They all said I didn't. Though one BM has done nothing but complain about the wedding on facebook, saying my reception was 'boring' because we played some country music, and that she left after the special dances because she was so bored. Our music wasn't terrible; we had a good mix, and I had fun, which was the whole point of the evening. Besides that complaint, everyone has told my father they had a wonderful time.

But, yeah. Aside from some drama, everything went smoothly. SIL won't talk to me because I told her off, but oh well.

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine