Guess I'm Not Gutsy Enough

Online Users: 1,308 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 10

RainyBride Posts : 18 Registered: 6/1/06
Guess I'm Not Gutsy Enough
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 2:09 AM

I really wanted to post a response to this blog that an acquantance wrote.  So, I'll burden you all with it instead.
"the entire world has been bit by the engagement bug...seriously at least 4 people i know on every continent is getting engaged...epedimic? something in the water? fear of economcic issues forcing people to face other fears in avoid-ance?...not sure but its getting ridiculous"
-Yeah, it's not because i've been dating a man i love for five years and want to commit my life to him or anything.
-Now, as for that spelling/grammar stuff. . . .

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: Guess I'm Not Gutsy Enough
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

Oh whatever. People can be so jealous. If that person was engaged they wouldn't be saying those things.

2007 was my year of weddings. 7 total. And I had one girl tell me once that we were all going to get divorced b/c we all rushed into it. Mind you that DH and I had been dating the least amount of time, about 3 yrs at that point! She also said we were too young and I was the youngest at 26!  So she was just jealous. It annoyed me but it's her not me!

People ALWAYS get engaged in a lump sum! Just like weddings and babies are usually lumoed together in every group of friends!

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

My response would be:

"- You know, every person I know whose said that to FH and I ended up being completely jealous because THEY weren't engaged.....just something to think about."

They may get defensive but guess what, its because they've been caught!!

~ Formerly CCFPrincessBride~

Hillary & Sean~ September 20, 2008 Laughing

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

That amuses me.  Tis better to be bit by the love/engagement bug rather than a malaria infested mosquito. 

“Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.”–Vincent van Gogh

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

You know, I think it really has to do with age.  I'd say most people get married in their mid twenties to early thirties.  So if the person who wrote that is that age, and we can assume that their friends are also about the same age, then... duh!  Obviously when you're 20, most of your friends are focused on school, then starting careers.  Makes sense that as you collectively reach a certain age, you all start settling down with someone.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

I'm lost...

What's going on?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket Photobucket  

Our Wedding Website 

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Ha Ha Ha Mushaboo. Very funny!

Tell him romance is in the air. It's better than the smog and smoke we have in Southern Cali these days. lol.

Sometimes those who remain single feel s if their buddy base has been stripped from them. Life moves on. Deal with it.

Maggie and Tom

Launched 8-31-08

Photobucket

pinkbride69 Posts : 21 Registered: 8/6/08
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

I am so glad I got BIT!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

Dear RB,

Lots of people, who want to get married, do so in their 20s. If you are in that age range, then you can expect to see a lot of weddings.

Kind of like now, in my mid-50s, I see a lot of grandchildren.

If you want to get married and your boyfriend does not, you'll have to make some decisions. One of those decisions might involve breaking up with him and looking for another boyfriend who shares your life goals.

Or, hang on for another 5 years and hope he comes around.

RainyBride Posts : 18 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

The quoted text in my post is something someone I knew wrote.  A girl, actually.

I'm 'bitten.'  :)

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: RainyBride

"epedimic? something in the water? fear of economcic issues forcing people to face other fears in avoid-ance?..."

I would write "love, maybe?" but I don't think she would understand that!

Sounds like a bitter soul who hasn't found her "one" yet and is jealous of those who have.  Try feeling sorry for her that she is missing out on so much instead of being annoyed (even though the post WAS totally annoying and condescending!).  It does seem as though people get engaged in one period of time and if you are single- by choice or not- I can see where it would get aggravating.  Unless she keeps it up and gets in your face just ignore it...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine