NWR-Warning to Parents, Aunts....Godmothers...anyone

Online Users: 1,374 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

seadreamer Posts : 522 Registered: 6/8/07
NWR-Warning to Parents, Aunts....Godmothers...anyone
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 11:39 AM

Hey All-

Ok so a lot of you helped me last year when my child had a bad accident at school that has permently hampered him.

Well....I found out yesterday that the school KNEW FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS before his accident that the playground was non compliant in every way possible including aresnic treated wood and nothing was done to fix the problems.

They were advised that if no immediate action was taken, serious injury including death will occur. 

To everyone out there who has children that they love, please please ask for safety reports for the playgrounds to make sure your loved child is safe.

my son has suffered, is still suffering.  If I can help get the word out and have parents be aware and have parents have the complete knowledge that their children are safe.

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re: NWR-Warning to Parents, Aunts....Godmothers...anyone
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: seadreamer

I'm sorry your baby is still suffering. You can take this or leave this information but... 

I know a LOT about personal injury law, and it's not too late to bring an action against the school, (please, at LEAST to get reimbursement for your child's past and current medical bills, as well as future medical bills).

Find a lawyer who will obtain all of your child's medical records from the inception date. (I know you're not asking for this information, but please consider...)

A lawyer will obtain all of your child's medical bills and obtain medical records.  He would then send a letter of representation to your child's school. They would then present the letter to their insurance carrier.

If your child has any scars, please take pictures of them as soon as possible. You may be entitled to a permanent scarring tissue loss award, not to mention pain and suffering.

If the danger is still there at the playground, I, personally would get my butt out there and take pictures. Lots of them. Your lawyer will want these for the insurance company. Or, he will consider hiring someone to take pictures.

Believe me, a letter to the school from the attorney's office will quickly remedy the problem about the playground safety issue, if anything.... 

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Click to See Our Photo Album and Vows Video

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine

seadreamer Posts : 522 Registered: 6/8/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Linda  Jo I sent you a PM

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: seadreamer

I agree with everything RanAway said... I work for an attorney in PI and what happened to your son is completely unacceptable. Where I live there is a two year statute, but it could differ in other states. I'm sorry about what happened to your son, I don't have children yet but when I do I will make sure to ask questions about the playground. That is something that I didn't think I would have to worry about.

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Take pictures with a film camera, not a digital camera. Save the receipt for the developing.

Start a diary, keeping notes of how your child is affected. If your case ever gets to a jury, it will have a signifcant impact on them.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine