Orange, Black and White

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

kisa Posts : 6 Registered: 10/3/08
Orange, Black and White
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 1:29 PM

New Here...and need HELP!!

I have exactly 1 YEAR to plan this. I do not want to be a bridezilla.

Here is my problem. We are having the reception at AT&T Stadium, where the San Fransisco Giants(his favorite team) play. In their clubhouse. I figured it was his first wedding and my second, it should be as much his dream day as mine, if not more. Afterall I am getting the dream man. Being at the park I would like to add a bit of baseball/Giants to the theme. The problem is their colors are orange, black and white. I do not want it to look Halloweenie! I would love some help in this department. Any ideas or suggestions, pictures would be FANTASTIC!

I was thinking of adding Monarch butterflies(which I love) to the mix, but I don't want a butterfly theme. The colors would at least fit in.

Thanks,
Kisa

brideincanada Posts : 133 Registered: 1/30/08
Re: Orange, Black and White
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: kisa

Do you plan on using the Giants shade of bright orange as your colour?  If not, I would say use a deep orange or burnt orange shade instead (something like Alfred Angelo's Cinnamon or burnt Orange).  To me that says "fall" more than it says "halloween", even when combined with black and white, which would be perfect for an early October wedding.  You could also add accents of antique gold or bronze to play up the fall feel.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: kisa

I'd go to extremes with the colors. Or use a LOT of one color over the other. Like lots of orange/white rather than a lot of orange/black. Like maybe the only black can be the guys attire and some accessories?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

beentogether9ye... Posts : 53 Registered: 10/7/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: kisa

Or maybe a slight variation of the orange to a burnt fall look.

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: beentogether9ye...

Too much orange and white looks like the Vols. 

I like the idea of using a lot of orange (maybe shades of orange?). I love orange. 

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

Or maybe go with classic black and white for dresses and the tables and decor, and shades of orange for the flowers only?  The girlie floral thing might lessen the impact of the color combination...

RainyBride Posts : 18 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: kisa

How about Ivory, black accents, and a few shades of orange.  Coral, golden orange, reddish orange.  Ivory seems like it would compliment orange better than stark white.

In other words, I love you.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine