My new house and new kitty pics!

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 27

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
My new house and new kitty pics!
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:27 AM

I'm excited about my new house and want to share :)

Its our first home and we saved and saved for while doing the apartment thing for a year. its a little over 2000 sq feet, has 4 bedrooms and 1 and 3/4 bath and sit on .42 acres. 

i have a few pictures to share...i'm not trying to brag i'm just really happy about it!

we both weren't thrilled when we pulled up to this house, but we fell in love with the inside and now i find it kinda cute. i've already planted flower bulbs so the front wont look so bare and we hope to one day extend the driveway over another 8 feet and build a two car garage.

our back yard - it will mostly stay the same minus that ugly bush. DH wants to build a shed in the opposite corner someday.

our front room - due to being still in the "newly wed" phase we still dont have much furniture and a lot of used furniture, these couches are new and what i wanted for a long time. We try to replace it when we can. and the ugly brick is coming down and being replaced with nice updated tile.

i thought i has a better picture of the kitchen but no luck. the cabinetry, floor and appliances are all new.

the bathroom before

the bathroom after! this is one of my favorite rooms! i want to become an interior designer one day and i think this room really shows off my skills! this room cost a lot of money, we replaced the light fixture and changed out most of the fixtures from silver to brushed bronze. soon will replace the faucet with a bronze one but those are pricey!

the master bedroom - my second favorite room even though we have no pictures up yet. its painted light blue and i think its pretty classy.

the down stairs living room - i love the green color and that brick fireplace can stay. the couch is an ugly one but i'm sewing a slip cover to go over it. 

and now new kitty pictures! just for you kelley! ;)

she looks so pissed in this picture!

of course the whole bed is clean and she has to lay on my pants

and this is where Sophi hangs out when i'm getting ready in the morning, crazy cat!

Message was edited by: savex389 Message was edited by: savex389 Message was edited by: savex389

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Re: My new house and new kitty pics! (if anyone cares...)
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

I LOVE IT! CONGRADULATIONS! and the kitty is a cutie too!

Check out my Album for wedding pics!

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: nanette927

The house is darling! Congrats!

LisaSummerBride2B Posts : 126 Registered: 8/10/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

I'm such a sucker for hardwood floors! I absolutely love yours!! I really like what you did with the bathroom as well!

Sophi is so cute!! Congrats!

-Lisa-
Surviving our first deployment

When is my wedding

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

I care about your new home, I'm just pissed off I can't see the pics on my work computer! 

wedding ticker

beentogether9ye... Posts : 53 Registered: 10/7/08
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: savex389

Congratulations!  I love the hard wood floors, everything looks so new and clean.  I noticed the picture on the wall too, CUTE!  Kitty looks to be right at home already.  I love cats.  She's so pretty, looks like she has some siamese in her.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

thanks for caring girls! and thanks for all the nice compliments!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

congratulations!  gorgeous house!  it looks to be the start of a fantastic home!!  i love the wood floor in the main room.  the bathroom you really did a change with!  the before it was a blank slate and then after it really had a serene yet good energy going on.  the down stairs living room is cool.  i bet a lot of fun will be had there.  2 fireplaces! that in itself is great.

i think you are right about some flowers in the front of your house, that is all it needs!  the backyard looks perfect for cookouts and parties.

kittens are so cute.   

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Re: My new house and new kitty pics!
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

I have that exact same oven! I'm renting a house though, so I can't be as proud of it as you are, but it's a really nice stove.

Your house looks really nice. You did a great job in the bathroom and I like your bedroom set. Your new couches are really cute, too.

Your hardwoods are beautiful. DH and I just got permission from our landlord to tare up the carpet in our place. It's getting nasty and there are original hardwood floors underneath it. We're really excited! We want it so bad that we told them if they paid for the supplies and equipment, we'd do the labor for free. Just need to sand and refinish!

Where is RanAwayToMaine? She needs to start a thread where we all post pictures of our homes. Haha!

Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the Present.

lin and nate

Message was edited by: LinzZ

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 4:46 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

i love the hardwoods too! we hired someone to come and refinish them because DH didn't want to take on the task even though he probably could do it. my bank account would have liked him to do it! ha ha ha! i was so so so excited about the glass top stove, they're a lot easier to clean!

thanks for all the nice compliments! i would love to see everyones homes so Linda Jo needs to get started on that thread :)

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 5:06 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

Savex - Im still totally stealing your kittycat. I will have that cat and he shall be MINE!!!! (evil laugh) Even though I have no clue where you live or anything specific about you, I shall find you and make it my mission to get that kitty!!! I cant get over how cute she is. I want to pick her up and cuddle her forever.

As far as the new house - beautiful! I love what you did with the bathroom and you definatley have talents with decor. My favorite room is the downstairs living room. Love brick, and its so homey there. I can just see cuddling up down there, renting movies, and just hanging out after a long day. Great house!

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

yay kelley! you found me! i bet my kitty would just love you! shes getting over her biting phase and is becoming more cuddly so i'm not as willing to give her away ;)

its nice to hear that i have knack for decorating, i really do try and hopefully one day i can do it as a profession one day. i just like my steady income and not having one makes me worry.

i love the downstairs living room too, its very cozy and that couch is so comfy! i'm hoping to decorate it in a woodsy foresty theme with those cute Big Sky Carvers carvings and other forest type things.

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 5:29 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I agree with Kelley---better lock up that kitty--she's adorable!!  I want another kitty but alas DH is being mean, says two's enough.... UGH!  She looks so happy and at home.  

I love the house!!  Congratulations!  It's so fun to decorate "your" home, isn't it?!  Knowing it's yours and nobody's going to yell at you for holes in the walls or anything!  I need your help picking out our chandelier for the dining room....  I have no sense of style but have picked up some things watching HGTV.  

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: carebearny1999

i would love to help!! its one of the things i live for! i helped decorate my MIL's new office becuase she had no idea what to do and only knew she wanted the color yellow. its a total blast!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: savex389

well it's a casual-feeling dining room however we do have a china cabinet and a curio cabinet full of fire trucks and wedding stuff in it.  We have custom-embroidered roman shades that are denim with white pinecones and such on them.  Light blue, floor-length drapes, oh and the reason for the shades--they match my DH's china.  White tile floor and for now--tan walls.  There is one light fixture by the door (same as all the rest in the house) and the chandelier doesn't really need to match that, I don't think anyway....  We're not opposed to funky, we're not opposed to woodsy, it's just the only ones we like at Home Depot etc. cost a fortune and we're not sure which ones would "go"...  Hard with no pics i know!  Frown

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine