Response card help

Online Users: 1,259 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

soon2b2010 Posts : 13 Registered: 4/6/07
Response card help
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 4:06 PM

Does anyone know a website where I can get invitations and matching response cards. But on my response cards I needs to add a menu selection and I would like a add a space to say we reserved X amount of seats for your party. We are doing an adults only reception and were trying to make it clear who exactly is invited. I havent been able to find a site that lets me do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Re: Response card help
Posted: Oct 12, 2008 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: soon2b2010

Saying "# seats have been reserved for you" can backfire. It may stop them from adding and maybe not.

If someone wants to add Guest B because Guest A can't attend, you can't say you don't have space. You've just told them you do have space and it's reserved for their use. You've just taken away the easiest way to stop add-on guests that are complete strangers. Just list the names of those invited on the inner envelope and deal with any add-ons if they happen.

I'd love to say that if you do "XYZ" then guests will behave, but they won't.  They're human and humans are guaranteed to do dumb things.  You can even say "adult reception" and someone will think you can't possibly mean their little angel.  There's no 100% foolproof way to get people to cooperate.  However, like the "x seats" there are ways to make it worse on yourself while trying to make it easier.  K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Silly

Oh, and even though they don't show it, most companies will put whatever you want them to put on the invitation and enclosures.

You might want to check out a thread below called "Need Wording Help?"  Might answer some questions.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

+++Really Useful Wedding Junk+++

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine