WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR?

Online Users: 1,304 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 36

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: What Are You Grateful For?
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: We2Heart

I can't believe I missed this! It must have been started during my post-wedding avoidance of anything remotely related to weddings. Thanks for mentioning me in the OP, RanAway! :)

I'm grateful that I have a wonderful husband and a supportive family. I'm thankful that they're all in good health, especially my SIL after her adventure last year with thyroid cancer.

I'm thankful for my education. And I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity to pursue my education and the brains to excel at it.

I'm also grateful for artists, because if there weren't artists, I'd have to find myself a much more boring career.

And I'm thankful for all the random chances and good AND bad decisions that have led me to where I am now...cause as it turns out, I'm in a pretty good place.

I'm also thankful that a certain academic advisor who shall remain nameless has finally decided that he should read my dissertation draft after not looking at it for nearly a year...cause I sure hate paying for one credit a semester so that it can sit in his office unread, and I'd like to finish it sometime.

On a lighter note, I'm thankful right now that Red Plum flavored Nantucket Nectars is good. I bought one thinking, 'Hmm, that sounds interesting,' and it would have bugged me if it was bad.

I'll add more later.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I really really enjoy reading everyone's posts. No drama. None. Nice. Peaceful.Smile

I was thinking how happy I am to have had wonderful folks growing up who put their children before themselves. I am grateful for my two brothers coming up with a wonderful and touching "speech" in their memory for our wedding.

I am grateful for our DJs who are also our wedding coordinators. I couldn't ask for more warm and friendly people for the job.

I am grateful that my Sister-in-Law took care of all the flowers for my wedding.

I am grateful for the gifts from our families who have helped us so far with our wedding. My FFIL-God-he's done so much, my FMIL, my Aunt and my cousins here in Maine and in Florida, my Sister-in-Law and Brother, my other brother for videotaping.

And I'm so glad my niece's 18th birthday falls on my wedding date so that I could incorporate a birthday party into my wedding! I HARDLY ever get to see her!

OH! And I'm grateful that my custom-made wedding M & M candies didn't melt during shipment!  

I have a ton more... 

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I'm very thankful for my many, many blessings.
I'm thankful to have enough food to eat, to live in comfort, for my husband who I truly believe God led me to.
I'm thankful to have moved to the nice neighborhood I now live in, and to have found an amazing church that's just a few blocks away from home (I have to think that's no accident!).
I am thankful for the beauty of the world, for misty mountains, dewdrops on flower petals, the scent and laugh of a baby.
I am so thankful for God's grace. I am of course so thankful, also, for His son coming to humbly live on earth and die for us.

We have so much to be thankful for! :) 

Michelle and Larry

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

I am thankful that I have a wonderful man that wants to marry me. 
I am thankful that I have good friends.
I am thankful that I have internet.  I know it sounds crazy, but I truly am thankful for modern technology for a few reasons.  First, without the internet I would be in a constant state of worry (more than I already am) about FH being deployed.  Because of the internet I can email him almost everyday and I can check to see what's going on in his part of the world everyday. 
I am also thankful for the internet for sites like brides where I get most of my wedding ideas.
I am thankful that my doggie needs me to get out of bed everyday and take care of her.  It gives me a sense of purpose because otherwise I could stay in bed all day and be lazy.
I am thankful that I have a part time job while I look for a permanent job.
I am thankful that it is summer and I am through teaching this year.

Great thread!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 4:05 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Haha I do this every so often on my blog to remind myself to be grateful.  Here are some things.  

I am thankful 
-for my God who is kind and gracious, and my Savior who gives me life.-for my husband who loves me so much and knows me so well
-for good relationships with family
-for so many dear friends
-for our home
-for my youth group girls who I teach
-for my church
-for my little 2 year old friend Karlyn whose life is a miracle
-for Gilmore Girls, sushi, Jodi Picoult books, fresh flowers and italian food (my silly little addictions)

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

Happily married since April19, 2008

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 2:06 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Wow half a year I wrote this BEFORE my wedding! I'd like to bring it back!

I have so much to be grateful for today!

1. I'm MARRIED!!! Yippee! I've never been so happy!

2. The planning is OVER!

3. That I have been over four years without a drink.

4. That I have a wonderful new stepson and he's a super great kid!

5. That I get along so well with Dean's daughter's Mom.

These are a few. I know there's more. Anyone else? 

Linda Jo and Dean-July 19, 2008

Click to See Our Photo Album and Vows Video

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine/?mediafilter=videos

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I am grateful for

1. My health- I had a thyroid biopsy a few months ago and it came back negative

2. My family- they stick by me no matter what my mood

3. getting accepted to my 1st choice nursing school, I'm almost halfway done!

4. My wedding is almost here, I can't wait to be married to my sweetie

Kerri and Michael 10/25/0

148 122 17 9 RSVP Date September 30

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsF

Good luck on your upcoming wedding!

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine/?mediafilter=videos

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I'm grateful that I am swimming with my head up in this financially! 

I'm just getting 'concerned' about my financial status.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I'm grateful that I only have 2.5 hrs left of work today.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket 

taken in Galveston 3.5 months before Hurricane Ike destroyed the island

Our Wedding Website

"When you're working with glitter, expect to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts." - Demetri Martin

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Oct 8, 2008 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

I'm grateful that my job is not in jeopardy. (REALLY GRATEFUL for this one!)

That I have the sweetest, most loving husband, and I only had to wait 51 years to marry him.

That my kids adore me as much as I adore them.

That all of my special friends and family were able to make to my wedding and that it was everything I had hoped it would be.

Maggie and Tom

Launched 8-31-08

Photobucket

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Thought of another one....

I may have mentioned this. I am grateful for a wonderful mother in law who I think of as my own Mom sometimes. She really is wonderful!

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/RanAway2Maine

NotOfThisWorld Posts : 153 Registered: 10/14/08
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I'm grateful that God loves us so much, that he sent his only son to die, that whosoever believes will not perish but have everlasting life!

I'm grateful that my parents brought me from Kenya to London and from London to america. I have become a well cultured and well rounded individual for this.

I'm grateful that God put my FH in my life.

I'm grateful that God forgives our sins and holds no records of wrongs!

I am grateful that God made the world such a beautiful place. So many things take my breath away. He could have made it a dull and boring place and we would have never known the difference. But why did he make it so colorful and interesting? So he could see the look on your face when a sunset takes your breath away.

I'm grateful that I have the same mom and dad who fear God and that they've been married for 21 years.I've learned a lot from them.
I'm grateful I have such wonderful siblings.

There's a lot more I'm grateful for but then that would be bigger than a harry potter book lol

ilove.gif picture by Khrystyne

USMC Fiancee

(I can legally mess with government property:)

Surviving our first deployment

HillyBride92008 Posts : 207 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I am greatful to have a husband that knows all of my moods and loves me anyway.

I am greatful for my IL's. They helped pay for a huge chunk of our wedding AND kept a roof over our heads while DH was looking for a job from Dec07-May08 (and we stayed with them until August to get ourselves back on track).

I'm greatful that I can still pay for gas and groceries and a roof over our heads despite student loans!

I am greatful that we will be helping my family out by moving into my Grandmothers house within 5 years once they fix it up and will be paying off the mortgage and then they will sign the deed to us! This allows us to have a good size home with yard for our future as we have so much school debt that we could not buy a house for AT LEAST 10 years if it weren't for them!!

I'm greatful that DH and my families get along so well! It makes holidays easier, as we tend to combine them so we can see everyone at once!

I am greatful for my years in college, some of the best friends I have came from that experience!

I'm greatful for my best friends, Ashley and Sam- they are my rock!

I'm greatful that I finally get a Bro & SIL via my hubby!

I'm greatful that my friends like to hang out and play board games! This makes for an extremely cheap evening out!

I'm greatful that gas prices have dropped below $3.00 where I live!

I'm greatful for fall, the beautiful wedding I had and the amazing honeymoon in AZ. DH and I got to experience the southwest together for the 1st time!! I can't wait to go back!!!!!

Ok....think thats all I'll bore you with for now Wink

~ Formerly CCFPrincessBride~

Hillary & Sean~ September 20, 2008 Laughing

RainyBride Posts : 18 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

I'm grateful for my mom and he positive attitude and sharing in my joy despite her own hardships.

"Can I ask you something . . . ?"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine