A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,746

Lovinlyfe Posts : 39 Registered: 8/14/08
Re: A Friendly Forum for Young Brides.
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

KJ-sorry i hadn't read all your messages...i do insurance for a living, so for the castle...it means that they don't want to be responsible for you or any of your guests if you get hurt there. What they want you to do is insure the castle basically for that one day. If your parents have homeowner's insurance, they can get something from their homeowner's insurance that says that their liability (again covers if anyone gets hurt or damages anything) will cover the castle for that one day. Basically they would extend the liability from their home to the castle. Sorry, I know that's a little confusing but usually there is no charge for the homeowner's insurance company to do it. You just get a letter from the homeowner's insurance company that lists the date of the event and the amount of liability. but like you said, the castle will charge you $200 if you can't get your own insurance which isn't actually too expensive.

Kel-glad you are doing ok (as well as you can be)...keep us posted on your professor!

"When two hearts race....both win!"

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Lovinlyfe

thanks everyone for the advice. i think im going to stick with our late may wedding. oh--and someone asked the reason for that day and not later in june or july, its b/c of the 3 day weekend due to memorial day which will make it easier for family to travel.

ha! i love the idea of picking based off your period. im planning on getting back on the pill. i was on it for about a year and then got off it. hmm...maybe i should check my date again! ha ha. 4th of july is my favorite day of the year! but july is too hot for FH! May is really the most faovrable month for us as far as weather goes, especially if we do a morning wedding. FH says not to get too attached to the date because i'll probably change my mind again! ha. when do you have to send out Save the Dates? I heard its 1 year to 9 months. And when do invitations go out? Do I really even have to send out both? I was thinking when we do engagement announcements we could put the date for the wedding in there...? I dont know.

Ok well, I'm leaving for the funeral at 5:30am tomorrow. So today is filled with running errands, packing, and work. Yay! Really wish I could take the day off :( but can't. already slept thru my alarm to go in this morning -- whoops!

lovinglyfe- thanks about the insurance info. that really helps.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: CountryPrincess

KJ, my wedding is May 24, 2009. Not a special day to us, but a beautiful season and we planned it around his dad being able to come since he is a mail man we wanted him to have a little more time off so we decided a 3 day weekend would be best. We are also doing an early Sunday ceremony, with a champaine brunch reception. We sent our Save the Date cards out a week ago. Depends on when the wedding is how soon you should send them out, but if you do do Memorial Day Weekend I would get them out at least 9 months before to at least out of state/town guests so they can plaan for it.

CountryPrincess Posts : 673 Registered: 9/25/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

thanks nessa.

Girls! I've found my the spot for my wedding reception! Its called the Grande Ball Room in Springfield, MO. Its $995 for a 9am to midnight rental on a Sunday. And is basically all inclusive: catering (with a great menu to chose from), servers, dj, tables, chairs, centerpieces, and decorators. As well as set up and clean up. They also have a florist who is available for a really low price who can help me not only figure out flower arrangments but the decorations in general! they also have a bar that is $35/hour. And a valet service for $350. Which would work GREAT since I want my guests to feel like royalty as well! Oh I'm so excited! I'm going to talk to FH tonight and set up an appointment! The woman who runs it is great too! They also recommend a certain wedding planner and I'm going to give her a call as well. Oh I'm so excited!!!! Ahhh!! The down payment is $700 and half of it goes towards the total $995 payment and the other half is refunded after your reception (its damage insurance). Oh wow! Please tell me this is truly as good of a deal as I think it is!

:) sooo excited

oh & two videographers and two photographers for a super low price.

"I don't care how much it hurts. I don't care if its a brick wall disaster. I'd rather fight with you everday than be happy for one second with anyone else." <3

Kevin & Mari: 11/09/06 to Forever.

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

I love reading why people picked their wedding dates. I don't blame you for not wanting to be on your period, Destiny! I'm on the pill as well, and mine luckily didn't fall on my wedding OR the honeymoon!

We picked July 9th because it's my husband's birthday. Actually, he picked the date... long before he ever even proposed. He proposed, and when we were going home he says, "uh, so. I thnk we should get married on my birthday."

Believe me, I fought this tooth and nail for the majority of our engagement. "You're going to hate that," I said. "You're going to feel like no one cares about your birthday and like you're being neglected." I suggested New Year's Eve. I suggested New Year's Day. I suggested our anniversary.

Everything I said, he could counter with. "New Year's will be expensive. Our anniversary is in February, and we won't ever be able to go anywhere for our anniversary because it's during school. Both of those are in winter, and you know I hate the cold."

So finally, I gave up and said fine, we'll get married on your birthday. And now I'm glad we did. :3

justkel Posts : 156 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: wvabride

I know this is going to sound completely against everything this thread is about.... but I have to say it! 

I am so tired of wedding planning.  Maybe it's just because I have been so unbelievably busy lately or what but when someone I know asks me about what I am doing for the wedding, I don't even want to talk about it.  Maybe it's because I know it's going to be a long drawn out conversation and I just don't have the energy for it.  Am I crazy???

I feel like I have been running nonstop.  I have only slept in my own bed for three nights a week for the past 3 weeks and have been out of town for at least the last 4 weekends. 

I did get to see FH for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday, but that was it because I was working.  I might be able to see him again in two weeks.  I miss him so much.

You wanna know something else...

I am so sick of two of the posters on this website.  Not this thread, but on brides.com.  It's one of the major posters and her husband, and let me tell you, they are SO rude and I am sick of them making fun of people. 

oy!  maybe I'm a little cranky?

Sorry ladies  :(  I think I'm loosing it. 

-Kel

DutchBride Posts : 118 Registered: 3/11/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 6:29 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

It's okay to  be grouchy!  :)  My FH works in sales, so he has crumby hours.  I'm trying to finish school, student teach, work and get myself together.  Now I realize why I picked a date so far away.  My brain could not handle having to get all this done by 2009.  Yikes!

I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & that the Eskimos has a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me when you sleep & there are no words for that -Brian Andreas

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

Not crazy, just normal. :3

I got that way before my wedding. Granted nothing in my wedding was actually planned until a month before (I was booking the DJ five days before the event.) But it seemed like all I did was run, run, run, run, run. Add in the fact that I had everyone nagging about all of my decisions...

Just try to get through it. It's all worth it in the end. I see you have several months to go... find a time when you can take a break from it. Like after you get the big vendors booked, just rest for a little bit and recharge. Don't let yourself burn out, because it's hard to get back into it later! :3 Good luck and happy planning.

wvabride Posts : 55 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: justkel

I agree with you. Anyone that is planning a wedding has a right to be cranky...kind of. I think it may also go against everything ths website is for, but I really just want to get my wedding out of the way. 4 year is a  long time and I'm tired of fielding questions about why we are waiting so long. We are getting married next summer, alone, and I wouldn't have it any other way

link=http://tickers.families.comimg noborderhttp://tac.families.com/ezb/1157261.png[/img][/link]

crisandcurtis Posts : 31 Registered: 9/13/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 1:11 AM Go to message in response to: delete

well I am also 19( will be 20 in 17 days) and have been out of school for a little over 2 yrs. My FH is going to be 22 in Febuary. I don't see anything wrong with being with and older guy. Right now the wedding is scheduled for septemeber 12, 2010. I wanted to get married on our anniversary, but I also wanted to wait until I was 21( to avoid too many age comments). Since my birthday is in October and our anniversary is in September getting married next yr just wasn't going to happen.

MrsReno Posts : 314 Registered: 12/21/07
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 2:00 AM Go to message in response to: justkel

I know how you feel Kel! I hate hearing from people asking me what is going on with the wedding and blah blah blah. I just tell them either

"Nothing new." 

"You're just going to have to wait and see."

Or my favorite "I feel like I have been doing nothing but talking about/planning out my wedding. I really need a break from talking about wedding stuff right now. What is going on with you?" This one seems to work really well. Usually people don't ask me about it for a while or until you bring it up first.

Hang in there. Once all of the stress of wedding planning starts to wind down a bit you won't be so frustrated with it all.

As far as the two posters you are talking about, I believe I know who you are talking about, and yes they bug me too. Whenever I see their names in threads I just skip over what they have to say.

P.S. Welcome to the thread Cris!

♥Defy Gravitry♥

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: justkel

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one kel!!  (regarding weddin gplanning. I actually haven't been visiting too many other forums now that we have this one. Most of the people whose opinions matter are right here! ha!)

I've gotten to the point where every time someone even MENTIONS my wedding plans  I let out a big sigh and just say "It's whatever. I'm taking a wedding rest." Lately I just feel like I'm all alone in planning. I love FH with all my heart, but he wanted to be a part of the planning and I was very happy about it, and now he's just.... stopped. He had this secret idea about engagement pics he wanted to talk to the photographer about. So I tell him our engagement session is on the 12th and give him her number and what does he say? "ummmm crap...." HE FORGOT WHAT HE WAS WANTING TO DO!!! He has the worst memory in the WORLD but I still thought he'd remember something he was so keen on doing! ya know? So since then, I've just shut down.

I'm tired. I'm tired of being the one doing everything. I'm tired of fighting my mom tooth and nail to get her to see my view on wedding things. MY WEDDING DAMN IT. I'm tired of the bms telling me we need to get on top of their dresses. I've been trying for months to get them all together to get it DONE. It hasn't happened. I'm just DONE trying. I'm tired of everyone having all these decoration ideas when all the decorations are planned and bought. I'm tired of other brides asking me what I'm doing for such and such and then they steal my ideas! (and I'm NOT talking about brides on here. I'm talking about "friends"). UGH.

What a way to start out my morning.... lol Sorry I let all that out. I'm usually pretty good about not venting or anything. I like to keep most of that CRAP to myself usually....
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

wvabride Posts : 55 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: crisandcurtis

Welcome Criss!

link=http://tickers.families.comimg noborderhttp://tac.families.com/ezb/1157261.png[/img][/link]

justkel Posts : 156 Registered: 8/7/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: wvabride

I am SO glad that I am not alone in this!  Thank you for sharing with me!

WVA-our engagement I feel is a reasonable length, but many others disagree with me.  They think we should get married within like 3 months of engagement, so I understand about trying to dodge questions like that.  I'm glad that you made a decision to get married sooner, just so you don't have to deal with it anymore!

STBMrsReno - I'm going to have to skip over their posts too, because it honestly irratates the mess out of me what they say to people, I want to say, "Who are you to be making fun of someone else??  Are you so great that you never do anything that someone else doesn't think is stupid?"  But I know if I do they'll just turn on me and I really don't have the patience to deal with it.  It's so stupid. 

Destiny - I totally understand about planning a wedding on your own.  FH has been really great about getting ideas about how to do stuff and actually getting things done, but since he has moved, he has been so busy he hasn't had the time to do it anymore.  He has bugged me a lot lately about picking another bridesmaid so that we are even on both sides.  Here's the quick story:

My original Matron of Honor is my best friend.  I was the Maid of Honor in her wedding, we grew up together and I just love her.  As soon as I'm engaged I ask her if she would be my Matron of Honor and she accepts.  A month and a half later she calls me and tells me she's pregnant.  So I automatically relieve her of her duties in the wedding party and everything is fine between us.  I'm really happy for her and she is for me.  Well now I need to find another bridesmaid and I don't know who to pick.  I don't really want anyone else in my wedding.  So FH has been bugging me about it lately and it's getting on my nerves.

I have honestly taken about 3 weeks off from wedding planning.  I have the major stuff done, so I should be okay.  Maybe when things slow down I'll start back up again.  Until then, if My FMIL asks me one more time what I'm doing for centerpieces I'm going to scream.  :)

Okay - I'm done.  lol.

-Kel

TrebleClefMelody Posts : 94 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: justkel

Well, im new to the site, and new to the engagement scene. lol Ive read a few posts, and i can relate to justkel. lol Im 22 and my fiance is 29, and we have known each other for years but started dating about 2 1/2 yrs ago. My mom wasnt too hot on y dating a guy 7 yrs older than i was, but he showed himself to be the perfect gentlemen, and she fell in love with him. LOL She was calling him son WAAAAY before he even proposed.

I have waited and saved myself for my husband, and it was a shocker that i found a man who also was a virgin. Especially him being as old and FINE as he is. LOL Many told me, "well, he's lying......blah blah blah." But he has given me no reason to believe otherwise. Didnt think love like this was real. Ive even had people tell me that im too young to marry, that im missing out on  other prospects. Smh. But when you find your eternity, you know it. With all your heart. Kinda like when you find the perfect dress. You just know. Without even having to try it on. He is who God has for me, so why wait??? LOL

Anyways, im rambling! Imma shut up now.

I used to search for my dream guy, but my reality found me. He isnt my lifetime. He's my eternity.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine