Are these cute or ??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

lovwed Posts : 41 Registered: 10/2/08
Are these cute or ??
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 4:38 AM

So I found these origami hearts online. I think they are cute, and I even learned out to make them. They unfold just so on one side to fit wording in side. As we are doing a traditional wedding with untraditional things I thought these would be fun. I found thru a different post of mine that my theme seems to be childhood whimsy. Do you think these are cute or just cheesy lame? I need honesty here. I don't want to send out something that people wont see as cute and unique(what I am going for), but rather trashy...if you know what I mean. I would do them with possibly fancy white paper, possibly with swirls or flowers on them, and include Hammonds(the best EVER) lollipops. Please tell me what you think.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Re: Are these cute or ??
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 6:58 AM Go to message in response to: lovwed

I think cute!  It'll depend on the quality of the paper though and the construction.  You don't want it to look like Childhood Whimsy done by children. hehe The lollipops are a good addition, and maybe a romantic quote or a note to each person inside.  

The thing I believe in with the non-food favours... don't spend so much that you'll be upset when they get trashed. hehe But those won't cost more than a sheet of paper! :) 

http://www.chrisandsarah2008.net

wedding ticker

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: lovwed

Not a fan of lollipops in general, but it's not horrible.  I do love the origami idea.  As long as the folding is precise and paper is high quality, I see no reason at all not to do this.  I've seen it done with swans and it was nice!

Chad ~ 11.19.05

+++Really Useful Wedding Junk+++

lovwed Posts : 41 Registered: 10/2/08
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: lovwed

Well they aren't going to be just any ol' suckers. These will be HAMMONDS.Which I am fully addicted to :)

So I figure if they are left behind...no harm in that. Hehe.

Message was edited by: lovwed

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine