Arm pimples

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

vlw42409 Posts : 5 Registered: 11/28/07
Arm pimples
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 2:32 PM

I know this has been out previously, though I have been unable to find any information now.  I need help with what to do about upper arm small pimples.  NOt sure they are really pimples, but they feel like it.  Previuosly someone recommended some lotion to help, can you help again??????  Thanks for anything. 

MissMac Posts : 142 Registered: 5/13/08
Re: Arm pimples
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 2:37 PM Go to message in response to: vlw42409

I use Neutrogena body scrub when i get body pimples (upper arm and back).  I dont get them often but when I notice them I use it and they usually go away with in a day or two
True Love is gift from God

futureMrsS Posts : 174 Registered: 6/29/06
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: vlw42409

So I have the same problem, I have red bumps that are on the back of my upper arms, and have had the problem for as long as I can remember.  It isn't acne, and I don't know what it is called, but I do know how to get rid of it =).  It does take a lot of dedication though, roughly a few weeks. 

Go buy yourself a loufa, and use it in the shower when you soap up your arms, this will help exfoliate the skin.  Then, at least twice a day, apply a lotion called AmLactin moisturizing cream, it is a semi-expensive lotion (at least it was for me) but it actually works, whereas no other lotion worked for me http://www.drugs.com/cdi/amlactin-cream.html.  I found the lotion at a drugstore (I think Eckerd), and was unable to find it at Target, so you might have to go looking for it. 

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: vlw42409

My sister actually had the same problem. She went to a doctor and they did some tests and found out she is allergic to wheat. She stopped eating wheat and now the bumps/pimples are gone.

www.mywedding.com/samanthaandpatrick/

moab Posts : 19 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: vlw42409

I think that the condition is called keratosis pilaris. Very common- I've got it too. 

Here's a wikipedia article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

I've have a doctor prescribe both lachydren and retin A for it. I haven't been consistent with either treatment, so I can't speak to the efficacy... 

ahinchee7809 Posts : 1 Registered: 3/3/10
Posted: Aug 30, 2010 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: vlw42409

don't laugh but i use the GoJo Orange Pumice hand scrub. I mix it in with my soap. it exfoliates and gets my skin feeling super smooth once i start using it daily. i get the same bumps too on my arms & legs.

MrsS2010 Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/09
Posted: Sep 1, 2010 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: vlw42409

Hi - I am in the skin industry and it does sound like keratosis pilaris from what you described. The ladies here have given you good advice - this is one of those things that you do need to kinda commit to and do lots of exfoliating and moisturizing after. You'll feel it soften up before you really SEE any difference but there is hope!! :)

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 6:07 AM Go to message in response to: vlw42409

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine