Seeking Recommendations for Pittsburgh Area Photographers

Online Users: 1,308 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

IceBride Posts : 27 Registered: 9/23/08
Seeking Recommendations for Pittsburgh Area Photographers
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 8:45 AM

Ladies,

I am getting married October 3, 2009, and while we have nearly everything checked off our list, I am stressed beyond belief trying to find a good photographer in the Pittsburgh area!

I've been to several bridal shows and have looked thorugh numerous portfolios, but of course, nearly everyone's work looks beautiful!

Two of my main concerns when booking are quality and price. I'm tentative to book certain photographers after hearing about the ridiculous amount of money spent on pictures that turned out terrible in the end. Granted, I have no problem paying for an experienced photographer, but I just want to know that I'm getting what I pay for. (I don't want to end up paying $5,000 for pictures only to discover that some of the shots taken by guests and parents turned out better than the actual photographer's. This happened to a friend of mine.)

So, to all my Pittsburgh brides, I'm wondering: How did you select your photographer? Who did you use? How were the prices/packages? Above all, were you happy with your photographs? 

Re: Seeking Recommendations for Pittsburgh Area Photographers
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 9:34 AM Go to message in response to: IceBride

Well, I think I may have narrowed down my top choices!

Has anyone had an experience with Creative Imagez (out of New Kensington), Alicia Photography (out of Wexford), or Isabell Photography (out of Uniontown)?

I loved all their work and their prices seem reasonable for what you get. Just hoping some fellow brides can share their experiences with any of these photographers. 

AutumnWedding Posts : 27 Registered: 3/6/08
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: IceBride

Hello Jessica,

I have not hired a photographer yet (wedding not until 10/30/10), but my finace's mom has friends that do photography.  We will probably have them do ours.  Their website is  www.photographybyoneil.smugmug.com   I really like the photos on their website. 

What Pittsburgh area are you from?

MisOctober Posts : 167 Registered: 5/2/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: IceBride

Hi Jessica! I am from Pittsburgh as well and we are getting married Oct. 24th 2009. I have heard of Alicia Photography and heard they do great work, but I have not had experience with them myself. I have not heard of the other two. We got a great photograher and have heard many great things about him. He were recommended to us by a friend of my mom's who used them and were very pleased. We met with him and right away booked up. His name is Jim Scott and his website is www.Jimscottstudio.com 
When is my wedding

MisOctober Posts : 167 Registered: 5/2/07
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

Oh, also they are located in North Hills.
When is my wedding

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: AutumnWedding

I'm located west of the city, about 15 minutes away from Pittsburgh International Airport.

Thank you for the recommendations everyone!. I'll be sure to take a look.

And, it's nice to hear that Alicia does a good a job, as I really liked Geoff (their wedding photographer) and spent about ten minutes talking to him at a bridal show. He invited us to come up to their studio and look through more of their pictures. I'll be sure to keep Alicia in mind! 

ispwp Posts : 15 Registered: 9/17/08
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: IceBride

If you're still looking for a Pittsburgh area photographer, the ISPWP website lists highly qualified and experienced photographers who are either in your area or are happy to travel there. Joanne Bartone is an excellent photographer and is based in Pittsburgh.  Good luck in your search!

Joe Milton, ISPWP

International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: ispwp

Thanks for sharing that! I'll be sure to look into it.
countdown to your wedding

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine